Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Does anyone know about mexican ventosas ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi girls I was just wondering if anyone knew about ventosas. I had a session of 3 (it's a massage that's pretty painful with a glass, ointment and fire) about 4 months ago. And that didn't work so I went back to get another massage yesterday and hpefuly this time it will work. During this time I took vitamins vita ovar, bedoyecta and honey vitamins these vitamins come from Mexico. I was recommended to do this by a couple of friends of mine who had it done and worked for them on the 2nd and 3rd month. For me it has not worked yet and it's been 4 cycles already. If anyone knows about this further please let me know i will also keep u post it on the progress.
I'm really sorry, but I don't the answer to your question, but I was wondering why you get the massages.  I'm assuming to improve fertility, but what exactly are they supposed to do?  I'm curious b/c I'll try anything at this point!
Well,I have no clue what they are & if they work?But I hope they do for you.Wow,I swear I never knew.I'm mexican & have heard of the massages,I think their called"sobar"I heard it hurts?About the vitamins?I dont know.I'm still waiting for Af.I'll try anything,TOO!Keep us updated..nanis
Hey girls i'm sorry to answer till today. Ok your are rightis also callled "sobar". These massages are suppose to improve the fuction of your ovaries, or at least that is what they say sometimes logic can not be explain things like this only faith can.However at this point I'm willing to try anything.I don't know if this will work for me but I certaintly know it has worked for others. I'll keep you guys posted.
Hi, i wanted to comment on the "sobar"..mexican massage for infertility and digestion. First of all, the massage  repositions your uterus and gets it ready for conception..I just got back from my second massage..My first one was Sunday and today is Thurs. and she said "I'm ready"..to me it makes sense..I have been trying for five years!!! I did infertility shots, clomid, 3 iui's and nothing..and I had hysterosalpingogram..which came out fine..my husband count was low but in normal range..I looked up a few things for him with his count and we bought horney wheat goat and l-cartine (gnc) and it works!!! So between the two I hope God will bless this year!!!  God Bless those who are desperately trying to concieve (conceive)...I know how every month it hits you right in the face...relax, enjoy each other and give it to God!!
Karena
I have been trying to conceive for about 2 years now. Last year I had my first "sobar". It was a bit painful with the back, arm and neck popping, and moving my uterus from my lower left side of my pelvis to wear it needs to be, not to mention the tight bandage I had to wear for 4 days. It ended up not working the first time. I went to another lady the 2nd time the other day & she used another method of the match, rubbing alcohol & glass cup as a suction method on my back in addition to popping all my bones. That is whats hard for me. But she told me I need to go on the 13th day of my cycle, which it wasn't, but I figured I would do it anyway since 2 girls from my work got pregnant after trying so long & visiting her and they were irregular cycles. So we'll see if it works. I have already had laproscopy to unblock my tubes & been through a few cycles of clomid. I ready to have a baby already!!! But for those of you curious, its worth a shot. Even if you dont get pregnant your back & neck are so much looser and relaxed.
Ladies,

I tried it all... I had someone "sobar me" to place my uterus back in position.  I did the artifical insemination 3 times and I took natural herbs and none of it worked for me.  I tired for 8 years on and off and NOTHING.  I finally set my mind up and did IVF in Mexico because it was much cheaper than in the USA and I fot pregnant the 1st time! I have a beautiful little girl who is 10 months!  I had a hard pregnany because I almost lost her but God left her for me to keep and love! So my advise is not to give up keep trying the Lord will bless you with a little angle!  Everyones situation will be different and depending on your situation take action and pray ALOT! For us it was a male factor my DH has VERY LOW sperm count and we were told by several doctors that we would NEVER get pregnant.  But we did so my message is DONT give up!
Hi I have done the sobada this past wed so I'm waiting on the results. But the sobada is suppose to put yout uterus back in place if it has fallen or tilted. I was also advised to drink peppermint tea for nine days after my cycle to warm up the uterus. Also, laying sideways and pushing down on your hips closes your hips. Also, you can have someone light a piece of paper on a quarter with alcohol and place a cup over it to cause a suction to release any trapped cold air that keeps you from getting pregnant on your lower back.