Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Does exercise affect your period or ovulation cycle?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does exercise affect your period or ovulation cycle?

I wanted to know if exercise will affect my period or ovulation?  I recently have had abnormal periods due to loss of a pregnancy at 20 weeks with a d&c performed.  My first period came back 35 days after surgery and the second just came back the other day, 47 days after the previous period.  I have waited the treen months like the doctor told meand we are for sure ready to start trying again.  I like to get on the treadmill and exercise, but I am scared that it will affect my cycle.  I did not know that if alot of exercise, where I would sweat alot can cause my period or ovulation to be even more screwed up or skipped.  I have heard that alot of heavy exercising can delay your period, I did not know how true this was, does anyone know? I do not want to risk skipping any more cycles and ovulation cause I want to ttc as sson as possible.  i am confused????