Does having an HSG done effect ovulation?
I had an HSG done on Monday and today I got a positive OPK, which is great, but it's is earlier than when I normally ovulate.  Is there anyway it is a false positive? I am very crampy today, but it could it be from the HSG?? I am going to be starting my first IVF (hopefully) once this cycle shows..so I really hope this is my ovulation day..I have looked online about this & most say it made them not ovulate till the next cycle or ovulate late.  

Any thoughts??

Thanks!!
Hey! I wouldn't think the HSG would effect ovulation. From my understanding it has the tendency to open the tubes some so that could be the reason why you're ovulating earlier. I'm not 100% sure though. Because we've been trying for over a year we have began the process to check for fertility. My husband had his sperm analysis appointment this week and I've had my progesterone checked. Now I'm waiting for my cycle to have the HSG. Did that hurt??
Thanks for responding!

I hope everythgn goes well with your appointments.  THe HSG was not very comfortable, and ya it kinda hurt, but it was not unbearable, just take ibuprofen (if there is no allergy to it) a couple hours before hand. Good luck!!
K, thank you. I don't have a very high pain tolerance so I'm a bit nervous. I'm hoping that I won't have to go through it if you know what I mean ; ) I'm suppose to make the appointment once my next cycle starts but I'm praying to the good Lord that I'm pregnant so I won't have to do it. How soon will they tell me the results you think? How were your results if you don't mind me asking?
You should get them the next day or so I would think.  Mine came up all clear, I knew it would our issues is sperm count, but the ladies have to do a check list of things before they can do IVF even if it's male factor infertility. But I am all done all the checks now we just wait for the call to get started!

Good luck!