Aa
A
A
Close
Does high estrogen cause breast pain?
A little over a week ago I had a canceled IUI due to too many follicles and very high estrogen. Since then I've been taking 200mg Prometrium twice a day (to bring on my period I think). Also since then, I've had a lot of pain in my breasts. It seems to be getting a little bit better but I thought if it was related to the high estrogen it would be gone by now. It's still very much present. Did anyone ever experience this and is it normal? Thanks!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
318181 tn?1336447096
Sorry about the cancelled IUI. It's most probably the progesterone that is causing the tender breasts. I always get tender breasts after ovulation when progesterone goes up. Prometrium is a synthetic progesterone, so that can cause breast tenderness in and of itself...and then, if you ovulated, the follicles you had will produce progesterone, as well...so the levels are most probably much higher for you this cycle than normal. It should subside at the end of the cycle.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1468143 tn?1338352843
DS2
I had a lot of breast tenderness last month bc I was taking prometrium and esterdiol, when I told my doc she said prometrium was causing it, this month I'm only taking esterdiol 2mg a day and I have extermely sore breast again. Not sure if it's due to esterdiol or I'm pregnant.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for your comments ladies. This pain (and I'm calling it that because in the beginning it was much more than tenderness - haha) started the the day before I started the Prometrium so you're probably right Heather that it's a combination of ovulating and the medicine itself. Why is it that the days seem to go by so slowly when we're waiting for the next cycle to being?! :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank