Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Does insemination hurt?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does insemination hurt?

My doctor wants me to start on Clomid in a few days and then have an insemination done using my husband's sperm.  She says they go up through the cervix which sounds painful!!!  Do they give you anything to ease the pain/anxiety???  Help!!!!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
294043_tn?1354211546
It's just like your annual exam, not painful but not pleasant.  It worked for many ladies on this forum and I hope it works for you too.

Good luck!!!
Blank
299260_tn?1304219705
Hi.  I've had two done & didn't feel a thing.  I know we're all different, but I hope that helps ease your worries :)  Helen is right, it's just like your annual exam, where they insert a speculum & then the catheter with the semen.  The catheter is tiny & it's a quick procedure.  Good luck to you!!!
Blank
794224_tn?1237404583
Don't fret little one! I'm 13 dp my 2nd iui and it's nothing.  My first one, in December, caused a bit of cramping after the procedure.  I actually felt kinda funny for a few days afterward.  This time I had no cramping afterward and was back exercising the next day.  Some women take the rest of the day off and rest, which I encourage if you can.  I'm a school teacher and have returned to work right after the procedure and just tried to sit and relax as much as possible with 97 fifth graders!  Good luck to you...I'm hoping for my BFP on Monday!
Blank
A related discussion, Does the insemination procedure hurt? was started.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...