Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Does sex after ovulation post any risk?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Does sex after ovulation post any risk?

After a few months of trying to conceive, I started charting my temps and noting my CM. This morning is day 16 for me and my temperature rose a whole point, which makes sense (would mean I ovulated on day 15 and I often have a 27-30 day cycle). My husband and I have been having intercourse the past few nights, but I'm wondering if we should also have sex tonight (even though I think I have already ovulated). IF by some reason we were already successful would having sex tonight pose any risk to the implantation? Perhaps I should just assume that this morning's temperature increase means that I ovulated and skip it tonight??
I don't think there is any risk. My doctor told us to have fun and relax. If you want to do it again... go for it! There may not be a benefit if one of the little guys has already made it up there. Saying that, we are in the process of using a donor because my DH's guys are few and slow.
Thanks. Everything I've read has said you are not fertile after ovulation. Interesting your doctor said that..hmm..
There wouldn't be any potential harm from bd if implantation has already occurred.

In regards to when you are most fertile, my drs tell me different things. One dr says you are fertile 5 days before O, the day of and the day following O. The other says you are fertile 3 days before O, the day of O, and 3 days following O.

Good luck!

It is because the egg lives for a little while she said. Thanks! Good luck!