Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Does the HCG injection give a false positive on ovulation tests
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does the HCG injection give a false positive on ovulation tests

Please can anyone tell me :  Does the HCG injection give a false positive on ovulation tests?  I just did another IUI today , I also did one yesterday ( sat ) on friday I got a positive on my OPK clearblue easy digital..smiley face so i went in and my RE's nurse gave me an HCG shot on friday..i have had a positive for the last 3 days including friday..could the hcg cause this? many Thanks for advice
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes - i believe pregnancy does cause OV tests to be positive, so the HCG trigger shot should do the same.
Blank
1178023_tn?1293737228
With HCG, get it then forget it...It takes two weeks to get a clear result. It's tough to wait, but in the end it's the only true result you will receive.
I used to buy tests after HCG just to see the positive, it never was.
HCG does work, it gives the doctor an idea to ovulation and fertilizes every egg to make it viable.

Blank
hcg shot can give a false positive in a pregnancy as the hpt kits measure hcg levels that only pregnancy produces.Not sure about opks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...