Does the HCG injection give a false positive on ovulation tests
Please can anyone tell me :  Does the HCG injection give a false positive on ovulation tests?  I just did another IUI today , I also did one yesterday ( sat ) on friday I got a positive on my OPK clearblue easy digital..smiley face so i went in and my RE's nurse gave me an HCG shot on friday..i have had a positive for the last 3 days including friday..could the hcg cause this? many Thanks for advice
Yes - i believe pregnancy does cause OV tests to be positive, so the HCG trigger shot should do the same.
With HCG, get it then forget it...It takes two weeks to get a clear result. It's tough to wait, but in the end it's the only true result you will receive.
I used to buy tests after HCG just to see the positive, it never was.
HCG does work, it gives the doctor an idea to ovulation and fertilizes every egg to make it viable.

hcg shot can give a false positive in a pregnancy as the hpt kits measure hcg levels that only pregnancy produces.Not sure about opks