Does weight loss help one get pregnant?Pls advise what more do I need to do
Hi.I weight a 187 lbs last year in August, since then my husabnd and I have changed our diets completely. We have started eating organic food and we make sure that all the personal products that we use have no parabens, aluminim and mineral oil. Since then I have lost 40 lbs and weight 145 lbs at 5 feet 6 1/2 inches. I am hypothyroid as well and saw my endocrinologist and he said my tsh levels were perfect 0.62.

Still have not got pregnant and wondering what else should I be doing? /the only thing that keeps me going is praying and my faith.
stick with your faith and don't loose hope! make sure and keep your thyroid issue under control and your meds as accurate as possible. this is especially important when you become pregnant. i am not trying to scare you but i am a labor and delivery nurse and recently a young girl lost her baby at 35wks because she missed several appts with the md and did not have her meds adjusted. but yes loosing weight and having in range hormone levels will increase your chances of becoming pregnant. good luck and baby dust to you!
A women's weight has no factor in conception or fertility.  A man's weight however does make a difference.  Healthy weight does benefit your overall health, good job!
I have heard that being very overweight can mess up hormones.  that certainly will hurt your chances or pregnancy.  However, you were never obese anyway.  How long have you been ttc?
I don't recall the statistic, but yes there is an ideal weight range to get and stay pregnant.  I found it through google one time because one of my very thin friends has had several m/c and there was some speculation amongst our group of friends that she was too thin to maintain a pregnancy.  Sure enough she was below the ideal range.  However, the experience of my friend is anecdotal.
Thank you all for your replies, I have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years. My husband is a resident at the moment, so you can imagine he is not around all the time.

I get my TSH levels every 3-4 months. My endocrinologist dianosed me with hashimoto's thyroditis.

I have taking synthroid  for 2 yrs now, one thing is that I take every day at the same time 5 am and on an empty tummy for over 3 hours after that.

My sister has hashimoto's too and she just had her secone son. She was diagnosed with PCO's. My obgyn said I dont fall into the PCO's category cause I dont have the symtoms .I have had 2 ultrasounds, 1MRI and they were all clear.

Praying and waiting patiently, know who is in control of my life, that is what keeps me going on.
I've read that overweight women produce more estrogen.  Also, you mentioned you are are hypothyroid.  Do you know if you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, i.e., elevated thyroglobulin anitbodies (an auto-immune disorder)?  This can cause increased infertility even though your TSH is perfect (I wish mine was .62).  :)  There is a connection with hypo and PCOS, too.

Best wishes for you!!