Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Dollar Tree HPT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Dollar Tree HPT

Has anyone gotten a BFP with a Dollar Tree hpt??  If so, how many dpo did you get your BFP???  
I got BFP w/$tree hpt 9 dpo.  Then bought FRER and got BFP with that also.  Good luck, I figure I am only about 3 wks, not even due to start AF till tomorrow.
Avatar n tn
That's great!! congrats!!!
I am not sure which site i saw it on but the dollar store tests are apparently some of the most sensitive tests out there.  The site did a test of all the various HPT and they found the dollar tree tests detected the pregnancy first,  Good Luck
WOW cadrmr, that is awesome! not even due for AF!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy moly, u lucky thing! congrats!!!!!
My RE recommends CVS brand OPKs---So that tells me that the less expensive store brands are just fine!!!!!!!
i found this (old post) and i thought it was interesting so i'm bumping it back up for every1 to read
I didn't get a positive HPT from the dollar tree until my hcg was 37.  I was 10dpo I believe, maybe 9.
Then I'm testing TODAY!  I bought like 4 dollar tree hpt's and i'm 8 or 9 dpo so, scre it i'm testing!
LOL  i bought one today myself  7 dpo but i am waiting a couple days before I test *wink*
Its only a dollar, might as well test everyday!
yes keeping in mind that -ive does not necessarily mean BFN quite yet.  i guess it really all depends on when implantation happened
Yeah, I know, somehow when I test it calms me down for a few days.  If I test tomorrow morning then I'll be good until Sunday hopefully.
Hello again!
       I love my dollar HPT's! Last year I got a + the same day I got a + on First Resonse. And I had gotten - on a wal-mart brand cheapy. Yes i was crazy and bought like 5 different packs of tests and tested everyday, till I m/c. So I have complete faith in them. And over the past 5 yrs do you know how many times I have peed on a stick! LOL
I used the dollar store ones they are called total care? not sure but it says something care... LOL anyway I tested 13DPO and got a positive.. the next day I tested with a FRER and confirmed it. I am now somewhere 8+weeks and still using dollar HPT's to see if I am really prego... I sometimes still doubt it because I don't have morning sickness all the time wich is normal but you know ... I am just being paranoid.  

so there... I recomend them. :0)
Someone mentioned not too long ago that they improved the dollar tests and that it doesnt give faint lines anymore...is that true?
those are the only ones i buy, i got BFP 12 days before my cycle, i usually buy 7 at a time incase i want to test early.  I think there is some you can buy online that can detect hcg levels at 10mu i believe.  I also use the opk's from $tree but here in wisconsin they only sell them in winter time,so i bought some online, 25 of them for 20 dollars, 80cents a piece, they look like the ones i would get from $tree except it dont come in a box, just the plastic wrapn.
LMAO
So this morning i couldn't wait and used my $tree test, BFN, no surprise, it's only 8 dpo but i couldn't resist.  So went back to the $tree today and bought 4 more.  The cashier said "why so many..."  and i thought HA! if she only knew ,,,  about us POS aholics... LOL.   So i told her about what i read online about them being super sensitive i am going to continue to test everyday until i get my BFP   ~~~~~~Super Sticky Baby Dust to every1~~~~
I'm all talk and no sho!  I have two $$tree tests at home and I was going to test yeasterday but I didn't, I was going to test this morning and I forgot.  So maybe I'll test tonight.  I guess that I don't want to be dissapointed since I think I may be pregnant this time. I'll go and stock up on Dollar trees hpt tomorrow.
Oh well... I'll let you know of the outcome.
I am 6 DPO and just got a +++ on a dollar tree test! I bought the dollar tree because I knew it was still very early to test though I have had several major symptoms for several days such as the weird tugging/pulling feeling in lower pelvic area (had this with my other 4) and elevated temp (99.1-99.4) and aching extremely tired and bad head cold that just started. I have had 4 children and 3 miscarriages. I am 48 yrs. old and praying that this pregnancy is viable and healthy!!
Yes, I have a positive HPT from Dollar Tree and I am going to buy more to retest just in case it was faulty test.