Dye Test
Hi...
We have been trying for almost a year now to get pregnant, no luck... :(
I went so see my gynecologist and we did some test everything came back normal, I am ovulating on time. The doctor thinks that It might just take some time but if I want I can do the "dye test"... What kind of test is it?
It is so frustrating... Does anyone have any tips on how to "improve" my fertility...? Any suggests?
Thank you...
Amy
The dye test, HSG, is when they inject a dye through your uterus and into your fallopian tubes while they take x-rays.  They are looking to see if your tubes are blocked.  The procedure is also said to make a woman more fertile, as even if you don't have noticable blockage, it still clears out the "cobwebs".

The beginning is alot like the preperation for a pap, then they insert a small thin tube into your uterus to inject the dye.  The most painful part, for me anyway, is when the dye went through which only lasted about 30 secs.  Just really painful cramping.

Has your partner had a s/a test done?  If not, I would think that would be your next stop.  And then I would recomened seeing a specialist (RE) as there are things they can do that an OB/GYN may not (i.e. fertility meds, IUI, etc).

As far as improving fertility, the most often seen advice is to treat your body as if it's already pg.  No alcohol or caffiene (or really limited amounts).  A daily pre-natal w/at least 800mgs of Folic Acid.  No hot baths or saunas for your partner.  Moderate daily exercise.

Once you get beyond that, there are a whole slew of things on the internet that you can find.  Such as special vitamins or pre-seed (a lubricant).