Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
EWCM for only one day?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

EWCM for only one day?

I have been ttc for 5 months. I have 27, 28,or 29 day cycles. I only get one day with EWCM. Sometimes it is the day before I get a positive OPK and other times I get ewcm on the day I get a positive opk. Should I go ahead and bd for the next 3 days even though I do not have ewcm? I had a positive opk yesterday. My cervix is higher today than yesterday but again no ewcm. THanks for your help. Good luck to you all. You are in my prayers.

Also what are some natural ways to increase cm, but not with any kind of medication?I've tried drinking lots of water for the last few months and it does not seem to make any difference.
I don't know about naturally increasing CM but I'd like to know if there is a way too.  I use pre-seed lubricant because it is "sperm friendly".  It feels exactly like natural CM, has no odor, and makes bd'ing much more enjoyable for me.  I also get extreme dryness because of my back pills.
tnjcornwall- I would go ahead and bed down, as soon as you notice your EWCM and for the next few days.

Have you tried drinking Green Tea? I have little to no CM due to other meds i'm on. I have found the last few months that if i drink a lot of green tea (decaf), and i also started last month taking Evening primrose during my fertile window... and it helped increase my CM.

I have not tried green tea but I will. Thank you. I also am a little confused when they say fertile cervical fluid is watery, stretchy, and clear. WAtery to me means like water. that is not at all stretchy. Anyway I read that everywhere. I have the ewcm for one day and then sometimes it goes to just very wet down there. Just like water, but no stretch of any kind. Is that still fertile? Sorry WAY TOO MUCH INFO. Thank you.
I think when they say watery, they are referring to the consistency...i.e., smooth like water without clumpiness.
watery CM is considered fertile. BUT the most fertile CM is stretchy egg white consistency.
Oh well that makes since. So then is it still fertile cm even though it does not stretch. It is just runny like water but alot of it. Thanks again.
Well, I have to say that I have the same problem and the result was not good.  Basically, my doctor told me that if I'm not pg this month that I should be inseminated b/c the mucus is not good enough for sperm by the time I O. IUI bypasses CM.  
Also, I have tried drinking green tea all day long and that doesn't help.  PreSeed is good as a lubricant, but it doesn't travel into the cervix where the sperm need to move through, so it won't do much good there either.  
Sorry to be such a total downer, but this is EXACTLY what I just went through!!!
I found this info too. Can't hurt to try I guess!:

INCREASING CERVICAL MUCUS

Cut back on caffeine and don't smoke!

Drinking at least ten 6oz glasses of water a day.

Evening Primrose Oil: 1,000 IU per day should be taken
from Cycle Day 1 to Ovulation.

Flax Seed Oil: 2,000 mg per day from Ovulation to AF.

Red Raspberry: 1,000 mg daily: Start anytime in cycle.
Can be taken during pregnancy until a month prior to labor/delivery.
Strengthens the uterine lining which in turn lengthens luteal phase

Grapefruit Juice

Thank you all. We bd on the one day that I had ewcm and then we bd 2 other days. One was the day I had all the watery cm and I think that was the same day I O'd. So maybe those little sperm could have stayed alive in the ewcm. You think they can live for 4 days? :) This stuff is all too funny!!!!!!!!!!
I've read they can survive for 3-5 days if conditions are "optimal".