Ectopic Pregnancy and Blood Clot?
ON Sunday October 8th,I was in the shower washing my hair when all of a sudden I felt this excruciating pain in my stomach area, I managed to get out of the shower then collasped for the pain and dizziness, I told my husband to carry me to the ER. When I got there they poked and proded, I thought I was going to die I was in so much pain, finally 6 hours later after trying to send me home (they thought I was just cramping from having sex the night before, I refused and demanded that they give me and ultrasound. So within 45 minutes they gave me an ultra sound and saw that the baby was in my right tube, they also saw that my abdominal cavity was full of free fluid as well as around my lungs ( by this time it was very painful to breathe and there was alot of pressure on my lungs, based on this they knew that the tube had ruptured and rushed me into surgery (laparotomy) where they had to remove my tube because it was damaged beyond repair and they also had to give me a blood transfusion where i lost so much blood.  THe following Saturday I started bleeding but the doctor said that would happen. However on sunday I started to have excruciating pain again, contractions I guess, because the pain would start and stop and would increase in intensity each time. When I went to the bathroom I passed a substance that was a big as my palm..it was flat one side resembled blood, the other side was this greyish color with what appeared to be white tubes attached to it.  I discussed it with my doctor and he just passed it off as a blood clot, but I know what a blood clot loooks like. cont...
Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this before, and what exactly it could be that I passed.  I am so frustrated because the doctors just dismiss your concerns.
I know nothing, but I want you to know that I am sooooo sorry that you have to go through this.  SOmetimes I just don't think dr's listen.  The thing is that they just see so much that I think they are just immune to everything and forget how scary it is for someone who is clueless...like every non dr is.  I hope it all gets figured out and I will keep you in my prayers.
I recently miscarried naturally, and I am told that the greyish matter or clot, is the placenta.
When I m/c I was told that the grey was placenta also
Thanks guys,

I actually thought that it was the placenta as well, but I figured if the baby was in the tube wouldn't the placenta be in the tube also?  That's why I am so confused, why was my placenta in my uterus?  

scaredincanada - I'm not concerned about there being something left inside of me or anything like that....

I'm just one of those people who like to know exactly what is going on step by step and why.
((HUGS)). I am so sorry about your recent loss. From my first tubal pregnancy, in which my right tube was removed as well, I experienced the same mass you are referring to. BUT if you have a gut feeling that it may be something else, I wouldn't hesitate to go to the hospital, just to make sure. And if you have to demand them (in reference to your ultrasound experience), then demand that they take care of you. Take care sweetie, and my thoughts are with you.
two wks. ago i was given a shot of methotrexate to help abort/dissolve an ectopic pregnancy i have on my right tube as well.every once i a while i get pain and i take a motrin,but today i passed a big blood clot after soaking a maxi pad(which i never had bled so much)and i was just wondering if anyone out there has experienced the same thing and if passing a blood clot is normal?
I passed about 7 clots total I need to know is this normal after surgery