Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Embryo Adoption

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Embryo Adoption

I meant to ask this in my last question but what is embryo adoption?  The doctor mentioned it as an option but I've never heard of it before.  I tried googeling it but none of the sites that popped up were very informative.
Try searching donor embryos instead. When couples go through IVF, often there are "left over" embryos in the freezer that they don't need. Often, they will donate these.  I recently did a donor FET and got a bfp, but lost it about a week later. We plan on doing another one in a month or two. The cost is usually much less than IVF. In my journal is the entire procedure from beginning to end and the costs associated with it. This time will be less $, as we don't have to do the trial transfer again.

You pick your embryos by looking at donor profiles.  They give you all the info needed to get an idea what the child will look like.  They tell the height, weight, age, ethnic back ground, hair color, eye color, skin tone, etc.  They tell about medical history on both sides and blood type, too.

We have several ladies here that have had successful pg and births from donor FET.
Thanks Tina.  I was thrown off by the adoption word and just couldn't figure out what the heck that meant.  DH and I are researching all options and keeping them open but we want to be as informed as we can before we make any kind of decision.  I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope the next try brings you your miracle!