Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Embryos not frozen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Embryos not frozen

Hi.

I had 2 embryos transferred on Fri 04/11 and there were 7 more that got fertilized. Today the dr called and informed that none of those needed freezing since none of them turned into normal looking balstocysts. I am due for a progesterone test tomorrow and am feeling a bit worried thinking of the 2 inside me right now. Don't want to stress out unnecessarily. But any advice will help.

Thanks in advance.
JB
Hey JB
First let me wish you the best of luck.  I recently had 1 blastocyst transferred and I am now six weeks pg.  We to had 5 embryos left after our transfer and to our disappointment as well none were frozen.  We were told the reason s were either chromosomal or the embryo were missing something.  
My advice would be don't worry you made it this far focus on what is now and don't worry about rest.  If it doesn't work this time you can do it again!!!
Keep me updated on your results, lots of luck
Thanks so much for your kind words and for sharing your experience. Feeling happy knowing that it worked for you. Good luck till the end. My prayers with you.

JB
I am going through my very first ivf cycle myself and I can totally relate to how you feel.  I presume that they transferred two best embryos and thus the probablity of those going to blasts is higher.  Did they tell you anything about the quality of embryos that were transferred, like how many cells were those?

Also, if it was day 3 transfer, why did they transfer only 2?  Typically a clinic treansfers two on day 3 if they feel that the quality of the 2 is really good.  Otherwise they would have transferred 3, I think.
It was a day 3 trfr and u r right - they did tell us that they were transferring the 2 best ones. Dr told us that out of the 9 embryos that fertilized, only 2 looked "gorgeous" with 8 cells. Just keeping up my hopes.

Thanks for being so positive. Good luck to you too.
On day 3 actually 8 cell embryos is what they are looking for.  Those are considered the best.  
When is your blood test?  My fingers are crossed for you.
Blood test for progesterone is tomorrow at 7am. Pray for me pl !

I am due for a pregnancy test on Wed 23rd. This is the first IVF cycle. Had 2 embyos trfr ed on Fri 04/11. Having white discharge occasionally. I generally have it. Is it anything to worry about?
White creamy discharge is pretty common, so unless it has a foul odor or it itches/burns, I don't think you have anything to worry about :-) Best of luck on your pregnancy test! I hope it's a BFP!!!
Thanks Heather5. Thankfully no foul odor I or itching/burning. am keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck tomorrow!
I'll be looking for your update.
Thanks a lot. I hope I have good news to share...

Hi Gals.

My test today came positive but the # is very low - 35 where it should be 100 or more. Dr asked me to continue all meds and go back for blood work on Fri again.

I am very disheartened - has anyone gone thru the same. Today was the 11th day after ET. Could it be too soon to test for beta?

Thks
I have posted this a couple of times lately...but it is good news to hear. I have a great friend w/ her IVF + betas...8 was her first (now dd is 2) and 35 w/ the baby she is 32 wks pg with. Don't bank all on those early numbers! If they increase...that is the telltale sign!
Good luck, good luck, good luck!! :O)
35 is not that low.  I hope the number keeps growing.

This is the beta hcg # we are taking about, right? I mean thats what they measure in the preg blood test, right? The dr's office really unnerved me and now your notes are giving hope. Just want to make sure I am reading this right :)

Thanks again all for being there. I need it now!

Good luck to all as well!

Thanks Helen72 - Thanks again all for being there. I need it now!  

Good luck to all as well!
Ya...that is how our doc office gives it to us. Beta/hcg...one and the same.
Good luck!!!!!
Are you re-testing tomorrow?  If your beta doubles it's a good news.
Good luck!
Yeah - I am going in tomorrow morning. I am very tensed....
Thanks - I hope # doubles...
Hi Ladies.

My # came back very low again - 43.5. It was 35 before and should have at least been 70. Dr wants me to go back on Mon again for bld test. But I have no hopes now. This happened once before also when I was doing natural IUI with no meds but then starting #s were much higher but they did not rise at the right rate. I am now concerned that may be there is a problem with me which is causing the embryo to not grow properly even though it gets implanted - they called it chemical last time and are calling it biochemical preg this time.

I want to take a second opinion from a dr also. Can someone pl advise me good drs in NJ area?

Thanks fall or being there - I need you all now more than ever.
I am so sorry about your hcg levels.  I feel so sad for you...
Sending you a big cyber hug.
Thanks.

Can you suggest good drs in NJ area?
Hang in there ladies. I was also disappointed by the # of frozen embyos.  We had 12 fertilized and apparently they were all doing great at day 3 so we did a day 5 transfer with the best 2.  Only one made it to freezing.  Preg test is may 5th. This week is going to kill me!!! I noticed there is alot ot talk about PGD. My doctor said it was too risky to the embryos and unless i was at high risk.  I thought with icsi that they would do it but apparently not. Maybe its cause Im 34?    
Good luck to you - my prayers with you.

-JBTTC
I am not from NJ but if you start a separate thread and ask about NJ references perhaps someone will respond.  

Kim14,
good luck to you!!!