Empire Plan
Do any of you have the empire plan? They cover all infertility with a lifetime amount of 50,000. Well I have tried to call for preauthorization for my IUI and it's sooo confusing. Have any of you gone through this? I have no idea what I
I've never heard of it, but am interested. Is it a plan through work or something you got on your own? My insurance doesn't cover anything fertility related. I'm lucky they cover my paps, lol.
have your MDoffice call for referral they are a lot better at it, and then you dont have to deal with the stress.
Tina- I have the insurance b/c my husband works for NY state. I asked him and he said that it is a little pricey but you can get it on your own. It is worth it! My insurance has already pain $4,000 between all the blood work, ultrasounds, HSG,SA and so on.

Babyprayers-I will def. do that! Thank you! I didn't get a preauthorization for my HSG and they covered that. But i'm guessing I should with the IUI.
Wow, that's great! Mine (Aetna)didn't even pay for my d&c when I mc at 12wks! Dr said that they don't usually wait for a natural at that stage. So, that was an expensive little venture. I'm definitely going to look into yours to see if I could swing it.
Tina -WOW and I was bitching about getting all the bills for my % of the DNC....My insurance covers no infertility treatment...but did cover HSG and DNC.  

Might not be a bad thing for some of us with poopy insurance to look into.  I bet they would try to tell us it is preexisting and wont cover anything :O(  I know Im so negative.  super sticky baby dust to all and if anyone finds out about insurance that covers let us all know
Sorry if I spelled your name wrong but I also have Empire!!!!  I love it and I can help you out...I also had to call for pre-authorization...and you have to choose a clinic that is under there "Center's of Excellence"....but there are a lot of choices and I had 2-3 choices near where I love...you must live in NY and you or DH must work for the state....It's a great plan, huh!!!  We are soooooo
very lucky!!!!!