Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Essure coil therapy for Hydrosalping fallopian tube
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Essure coil therapy for Hydrosalping fallopian tube

I am in an IVF cycle now, and take a blood pregnancy test on Sunday. I am trying to remail positive, but the doctors have warned me that my hydrosalping tube could cause problems with implantation/pregnancy. Has anyone had Essure coil therapy for pre IVF? If so, what were the results? Any problems with pregnancy related to the coil?  Was it painful?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I actually had the Essure coils placed and just recently went through IVF.  I have had a positive urine pregnancy test, and am having a serum HCG on 5-13-09.  
The placement of the Essure coils was done in the office.  They numbed my cervix and gave me Valium prior to the procedure.  I had cramping during the insert, but it was brief.
Blank
897912_tn?1241742766
Thank you so much for your response. I really wanted to hear something positive about the procedure & that really helped me. Did you go through Shady Grove in Maryland? You read all the side effects and risk & it definitely gets you nervous. I just went through a cycle of IVF (even with the fluid filled tube). Unfortunately I got a negative blood pregnancy test this Sunday (mothers day). It seems like essure may be my only option, because of my risks with surgery. Well, please keep me informed from time to time, on how you/your pregnancy is going. I pray for you and wish you the best of luck in your pregnancy/delivery. God bless, Tanya
Blank
I just had the Essure last week in my left fallopian tube only to block my hydrosalping tube to do IVF. I decided to do this because one of my friend had same problem with mine, and she blocked one fallopian tube by the Essure coil to do IVF as well last year, and she actually got pregnant naturally after 3 months of her Essure procedure. Her pregnancy is about 6 months now and has no problem so far.

But I am still worry if I had a right choice, because I read about so many people are having problem after Essure such as a lot of pain, coil breaks through uterus, coil was bent etc... So, I want to hear more success stories of having baby after Essure procedure.
Blank
I had the essure done 3 years ago but now I want a child is there hope? If so what do I do
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank