Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Estradiol After IVF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Estradiol After IVF

Is it normal to continue to take Estradiol after finding you are pregnant after doing IVF? I had to get a refill on the estradiol requested by my doctor but I noticed on the cautions label it said "Do Not Take This Med If Pregnant"? Is this normal? Please Advise
I've been taking estrogen pills since I got bfp and will continue with them and pio until i'm 11weeks.

congrats and goodluck
This helps a lot! Thanks and Congrats to you as well.
I was checking in on you to see how things went with the doctor and to see if your numbers went up?
How are you? My numbers went from 179 to 679. I stop bleeding as well. I was just thinking about you and starting writing in my prayer journal about you. Keep me posted! Take Care!

Btw, I send you are message.
Great numbers, I am so happy for you.  I am taking my Lupron injections and I go for my baseline ultrasound on Saturday.  Talking with you has given my hope of having a good outcome.  By the way your numbers went way high in a short time.  That happened with my sister and she has twins now.
yes thats completely normal, my doc advised to stop taking them at like 7 weeks. They will bring you in for another blood test and then will tell you when to stop taking them
WHITTFRED: I know everything will work well for you. The Lupron is not that bad. I didn't have any side effects. Actually, with all of the injections I didn't have any side effects.

therese101: Thank you for that info. I have a ways to go before I get 7 weeks. I am only 3 weeks so far. Thank you very much!