Estradiol level on day 3 of cycle
Hello
recd my blood work and was told I had an estradiol level 16 ..... (apparently is considered SUB-normal)
my fsh was 5.9 and lh 5..
those #s I am ok with..

it's that estradiol # I find confusing and don't know what exactly it means.. does mean egg supply not good or eggs not getting enough nourishment and therefore they can't be fertilized.. any thoughts?
I am not sure what my # is but was told to increase my estrace.  Is that what you are on?
Your estrogen is a little low. I think the normal range is 25-75. However, your FSH is great, and that's usually the one they monitor for ovarian reserve and quality. I'm honestly not sure if a lower than normal estrogen level on day 3 is a big deal or not...but I believe lower is definitely better than higher at that stage. Did your doctor say anything about your results? And will they be doing a repeat blood draw to check if your levels change?
hi there
thanks for the reply., Yes, the estogen is low.. Apparently diff docs look for diff levels,,, mine said 20-80 but is in line with that you said..
As I understand, at times you do want low estrogen, but I don't think you want it quite as low as mine. I dont' know if mine is a perimenopausal # or what, all I was told women my age (I am 45 have this kind of level) I think I need to talk to a diff doc who can be way more specific, I was left feeling like.. what does all this mean...
I have been searching for a good doc in the bayarea..
Wow! Your FSH is even more impressive considering you're 45. A 5.9 is in the "excellent" category, so that's definitely one thing going for you! Good luck with everything! I hope you find a good RE in your area and that he/she can help you get that BFP very soon!