Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Exercise while trying to get pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Exercise while trying to get pregnant

I am 35 going on 36 in Aug 2009.  My husband and I are trying for our first child.  Will it be alright to continue to exercise while trying to get pregnant ?  We currently run 4-5 km once a week, attend spinning class once a week and yoga class once a week.  Will this moderate exercise affect my ability to conceive ?  I went for a pre-natal check-up recently and I am all OK to go.  Thank you.
I don't think exercise will hurt your chances of getting pregnant - if anything, it will help.  Once you get pregnant you might want to talk to your OB about how much is too much.
  I've been ttc for 5 years now.  Since we've been have problems my doctor told me not to exercise.  I am very athletic, and was told not to run, and exercise.  Im fairly thin and i gained 15 lbs in the last year, per doc orders:) so if you are having problems ttc i would definaltey ask you RE or OB