Expecting a visitor....
Hi all - Ive just been diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin resistance etc...) and have been prescribed Metformin 500mg 2x daily. I am awaiting AF so I can start taking it. The gyno/obst said I may as well wait till af incase I am PG. The trouble is I am soooooooo impatient and keen to get this babytrain started but AF is nearly 1-2weeks late and doesnt feel like she is coming. I did a hpt a week ago and it was neg. Do you think it would be safe to start taking the met now rather than wait?  I have irregular periods. Last year they lasted for a month 3 or so times a year and this year Ive had them sometime throughout each calender month. Im scared Ill have to wait a month or 2 before I get af again... ANy ideas.
Lorri. xx SSBD to all!!

I believe it is ok to take metamorfin in early pregnancy - actually Drs recommend that one takes it until the 12th week. It even helps regulating your hormones thus reducing chances of miscarriege. I am 8 weeks pregnant and i am taking it.

Best of luck!
i have a question re: PCOS..does it make your cycles longer..or af late?
I have PCOS too. I was on 850mg once a day. When I was 7 wks, OB said to stop. Since then I had a series of blood tests, and sugar level has been normal.
I haven't found that my PCOS has made my periods longer or shorter. I also have endometriosis though but my cycles usually run 28-32 days.  I've had two RE's say that the recommend taking the Metformin through the first trimester then stop.
hi there, i got diagnosed with the exact same on 9-11. i am on metformin 500mg, but i just take 1 at night for starting off and then clomid 100mg for 5 days. i have only taken 2 mets so far and its given me horrible diarrhea (tmi) but yikes its bad!  i was 6 days late as well.

i hope that the metformin helps us both. i bought a diabetes for dummies book and it says it has a chapter in it about diabetes and infertility ....not read it yet. too depressing!

best of luck to you!
candy