Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Extra Medication

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Extra Medication

I was wondering, I have left over UNUSED medication from this cycle of IVF.  I don't THINK we will be doing another cycle, what do I do with it? I hate to waste it as i know people need it, and my docs office doesn't take it.  Any thoughts?
I was in the same boat last month. I decided to donate the medication to my doctors office.  At the time, I didn't think I was going to need it. But of course, when my IVF failed, I could have used it.  I did get some of it back from my doctors office.
I think it will be good Carma if you do that.
Yeah - donate it to the doc's ofice. I have been "gifted" with several vials this month when I had to up it at the last minute and there was no way I would get meds in time to shoot up (haha- I sound like a herion addict!) :) So, I would donate - it would totally be good Karma!

Jen
I odn't know if I should do it though until my 2ww is over, right? I mean well, we did say we weren't doing it again. So maybe I should.  For us its only $40 copay, so IF we decidd to do it again, it would just be $40.  I will have to ask them if they take it!
I have great ins. too and I am def. going to donate extra meds.  Some people pay thousands of dollars and would be so eternally grateful for free meds.  Good for you! And good luck!
I'm one of those unlucky people that has no IVF /injectable insurance.  Since I am a poor responder, my meds for IVF cost me over $8,000. OUCH!  A couple friends were nice enough to donate some meds to me for this cycle and it helped me sooo much!   So, donating would be so nice of you.  People like me really appreciate it!
Just be careful
Someone on here wanted to buy mine and passed a bad check to me
so it cost me check recovery fee PLUS postage to be a nice person
I agree with docs office
Isn't it illegal though to just give your drugs to someone on here? Don't you have to do it through the docs office or someplace else?
im looking to do 2nd cycle if extras i will take them please i have no insurance to cover i pay full price ***@****
You are absolutely correct it is illegal to give away a prescription medicine intended for your use.
Do you have any clomid left that you may want to sale, I will pay via paypal or whatever so that you get your money