Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
FIRST FAILED IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

FIRST FAILED IUI

I just had my first IUI earlier this month well today I started my period. I am so depressed I almost just want to give up. Can anyone tell me if they have gone through this and how they dealt with it any comments would help. And could anyone tell me what IUI with injectibles is they gave me a hcg shot but I heard they can do other things with IUI other than that anything any one could tell me wouldnt hurt at this point.                  thanks and good luck to you all.
I know it is frustrating. I had my first IUI last month.. my second just last week. I am not on any other injectables except the HCG trigger shot on day 12. My doctor told me that it really can take a couple of cycles. Very few women are get a BFP the 1st time around. Just keep trying. I am going to take December off myself it November didn't work. I will be out of town for Christmas when I should have it. Good luck to you and don't get too frustrated.
Thankyou for the advice beleive it or not butit really makes me feel better what you said I will just hang in there and see what Doctor tells me DEC.26th I go back to see him. Good luck to you on your 2nd IUI I would love to hear that it worked.I will pray for you.        Thanks Kim

I know it is really frustating, especially waiting those two weeks after the IUI. My earlier two IUI's failed. I felt so depressed. Almost lost interest in everything. Don't even want to go out for vacation during Christmas. But what else can we do except trying and praying.

This time, they asked to take Hcg injection and the next day(12-14 hrs) later, I had my IUI. So, I have to wait for two more weeks to find out.

Please wish me luck. And God luck to you all.

Thanks,
Akapoor
Hi, I am in the same boat:-)  My first IUI on Clomid failed last month.  I really expected it to happen and was a disaster when I got my AF.  I cried so much!
I just had my second IUI Friday and Saturday with injectable Gonal-F and trigger.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up this time to avoid disappointment.  
I really had no problems with the injectables, they needed to be started on day 3 of my cycle (after US to make sure I had no cysts).  I did all the shots, including trigger shot on my own.  DH said I was crazy!  They were really easy and relatively pain free.  I actually had less side effects with the injectable meds than with Clomid:-)  
Hang in there and feel free to ask if you have any ?'s
Di
Hi everyone,

I've had 4 failed iui's :( I am now on my 6th day of gonal f injectables just like di545. It's a horrible feeling for the iui not to work but you've just got to be optimistic and pray for the best (at least that's what I'm trying to do). Don't give up kimsscott there are some amazing things the doctors can do and your chances of becoming pregnant are very high! I will pray for you all-let's all get our BFP this month:) hang in there!
Thankyou so much you know its funny.I have three friends and all of us tell each other everything and try to cheer the other up when they are down ,but I dont think they know how to deal with me sometimes cause I am so obsessed with having a child with my husband. It has helped a great deal talking to you all because I know Im not the only one going through this I pray for you all that your IUIs are sucessful and if not and wanna talk write me. the support really does help.                                                                                  GOOD LUCK!!!
I had my 3rd IUI on 15th. Will do test tomorrow to find out.But kinda don't want to because it could be a false result.I have symptoms but they are the same as PMS symptoms.But I do have sore nipples which I never get.Someone told me that it's too early to experience any symptoms because it is more psychological than real as the mind wants to know that the body is pregnant. You ladies are so right. The wait is just too much.I was really heartbroken with the 1st and 2nd failed IUI. This time I am hoping it will work, if not I am thinking of IVF.I had Ovedril for all 3 IUIs.My dr has actually had 8 IUI before she got pregnant. I don't think I want to wait that long. Good luck to all of us.
You know I know its sounds like I am really dont have patience but I dont know if I wanna put the money out on a bunch of IUIs either because I could be putting the money towards IVF and have a greater chance but I am sure my doctor will want me to do more IUIs the stress of the 2weeks and then AF!!!! I met a couple this week they had 2 beautiful twin girls they told me they did 4 IUIs and they failed they said they went to IVF it took first time. It just seems like after so many IUIs they can almost add up to IVF especially if insurance dont cover these??
hi my name is sadlina the reason that im writing is because i just failed my first iui and i feel so depressed that im blaming myself for not working and thinking about it so much during the two weeks. i dont know what to do and i know that i cant give up but sometimes i feel so tired that i dont feel like doing it again. what can i do help.
I had my first IUI last week. I don't feel pregnancy symptoms as of now. I guess it did not work :(. I'm so depressed with this whole thing!
Hi All,

I finally found a site to chat about my infertility frustrations!  I too have had 2 failed IUI's and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown after the 2nd.  My husband is sterile due to extensive chemotherapy and radiation tx when he was 4yo, and I just had lap to remove endo polyps and a cyst on my L ovary in Sept. and the doc said I should be successful in getting pregnant with natural IUI (no drugs or us).  I'm beginning to think he is wrong.  I charted my cervical mucus, my periods, BBT's and used OTC OV predictor kits and still no success.  It's soooooo unfair that we only get 1 shot during our ovulation period. We are taking a break for a while b/c it is just too nerve racking for me.
Prayers to all of you!
Maria
I had 3 IUI with clomid, 1 vitro and 1 IUI with repronex. I am to the second IUI with repronex.
Afret this one I will stop, I can not do more.

2 weeks ago I had my 1st IUI attempt.... but I have a feeling it did not work ........ went to see the doc on Monday as I was contracting the night before like I was getting my menses......... and felt the same thing this morning..... Been spotting for the last 3 days.... :(... I could understand what u are going through

Had 5 miscarriages..... ***** :(
Am feeling the same dissapointment....Ist attempt IUI failed...And the best or the worst part is that there seems to be no complications at all in both of us!!!! I ovulate on time,tubes are fine,sperm rate is excellent...Can somebody just predict our future and relieve us from this Frustration!!!
I did my first iui and just got my period today at work.  was so depressed that i had to just go home and cry.  i am seeing my doctor tomorrow to discuss if i should do another iui or just do ivf but its a difficult choice as of course ivf is so expensive but i dont know if i can go through another failed iui... then again what if ivf fails too?  sigh.  what does everyone suggest i do?  my husband is sterile so i am using a sperm donor and its so hard as we have not told anyone what we are goin through so this has been really helpful in voicing my frustrations and also for asking questions.  can anyone give me their thoughts on what should my next move be.  another iui or ivf?
Today is my 12th day post iui and like an idiot I took a hpt - result:  negative.  I'm frustrated.  I know....testing at day 12 is a little early, but I couldn't help it.  First iui, taking 50 mg. Clomid, resulted in 5 mature follicles, honey's sperm was at 28 million.  How the hell could they miss all FIVE eggs??  Very frustrated.  Cried a little bit at work today.  Thought about saying screw this and stopping all this testing.  Truth is though...I'm 37 and I don't want to look back and say, 'I should of did....' .... so, with that being said, although I'm disappointed, I'm sure I'll bounce back and either try another IUI or go straight to IVF.

I do appreciate everyone's posts of encouragement.  I smile everytime I read that someone received a BFP after struggling through two, three, or even four BFN's through IUI's or IVF.  It does give me hope.  

Thanks everybody!
I'm new to this site & it's nice to see I'm not alone in the frustration department.  I had my first IUI on August 10th and I was supposed to take a pregnancy test on Monday (24th) but I'm spotting so I probably won't have to do that.  I have to go in to my doc no matter what on monday because he wants to know how to procede.  My husband & I have been trying for 3 years (he had a vasectomy reversal then) and then check him and said that his results were good and it wouldn't be a problem but no luck yet.  We thought IUI would be the way to go.  I don't know if I should do a second round or not.  Any advice?  I feel like it's just asking for another let down!
My RE says that you should do (3) IUI's before thinking of moving on to some other form of treatment.  He says that if IUI is going to work, it will most likely happen within the first (3) times.  

I got my cycle (aka AF) this past weekend and went in this morning for an u/s and bloodwork.  My RE said we are going to skip clomid and go right to Follistim injections.  Which frankly, I'm glad.  At my age (37) I don't want to waste any time.  Apparently clomid alone gives you a success rate of around 11% to where injectibles give you a success rate of 18% (according to my RE).  Definately try two more times.  Don't throw in the towel just yet.

Funny thing is, yours and my cycle are on the same timetable. :)

Try to start injectibles if you can.....they have a much higher success rate.

Hi evreyone,
I'm new to the site but I had my first IUI on August 17th and 18th I had no pregnancy symptoms. I did injectable with HCG trigger and prog. supp.(which delayed my period)  but I still knew af was coming I had my classice af symptoms. Got blood work done on Monday Aug 31 and it was negative. Even though I knew it was going to be negative I"m still dissappointed. I debating on if I should do another IUI cycle. It's so hard. I"m so sad. I have unexplained infert. Can someone give me some advice if I should do another cycle?

Honestly...I was in the exact same boat last month.  I knew it didn't work but my doc said that in actuality the chance on the first try of an IUI...it very rarly works.  My doc said that 3 rounds (doing injectables are more successful) is giving it the best shot possible.  Don't give up yet!!  You'd kick yourself wondering what might have happened...really I should be taking my own advice.  

I did my second IUI last Saturday so now it's a waiting game...at least for the next two weeks.  I'm trying to stay positive.  One of my friends actually when through the exact same thing as you.  Her and her husband had been try for 2 years with absolutely no reason to explain why they couldn't get pregnant.  Her first IUI failed and the second worked.  She just had the baby 11 days ago.  Hopefully that helps you a bit.

As for me I was going to stop after this 2nd IUI (if it doesn't work) but from comments since my last post I'm debating now.  Anyways, I really encourage you not to give up and I know it's hard but try to stay positive!
Ladies,

IUI worked for me first time. However, after 2.5 yrs trying , one miscarriage, 6 months clomid it certainly wasn't an easy route but it worked with Gonal F injections. (their easy and no problem at all - sounds much worse than it actually is)

I can't recall how many times when I was so depressed and down and disappointed so I tototally know what your all going through. It is just the worst worst sense of failure and when you can't pin point why it made it even worse for me.

Why did it work for me? I think I know why.

Basically I was in a rut , a complete self pitiful person of why is this happening to me that soemthing had to change. The new year was approaching and I wasn't facing it in a remotely positive manner at all. I was becoming such an effected person over this that I had to do something.  I devised a plan - a plan of healthy eating, yoga, exercise, odd glass of wine and totally focused on the upcoming IUI.  I locked down and focused like it was the fight of my life. I changed my "why me" to being positive and thinking it will happen it will happen I am not giving up. I focused more than I ever had been at previous attempts although at previous I thougth I was giving my all too but looking back I wasn't really. I was miserable for at least half of each month, a bit upbeat and hopeful around ovulation and then a few days or a week after that I was depressed thinking this is period pains and I am not pregnant and then waiting for it to come.

I just decided to give it my all and if it didn't work I would be a mess but it was better than this black cloud that seemed to be following me around not to mention the green eyed monster when I saw pregnant women or when friends of mine who seemed to be trying for 5 mins were getting pregnant. It was turning me into a horrible person to be frank.
I simply had to release all those negative feelings and pretended to myself that this was I was trying for the first time to get pregnant. Sounds a bit nuts but it worked.
Also I got my husband tested. He had been before but most of the focus is on women and not so much on the man and sperm can go up and down so easily so its important that he is tested regularly. If nothing else it gives you a break and the focus is elsewhere for a moment and it involves him more. Also he should be on a healthy diet, and taking vitamins and zinc. He needs to be focused too.

I was also on vitamin, folic acid and DHA (fish oil tabs)  which are great for your hair and skin if nothing else.

Anyway a few words on clomid. I wouldn't recommend taking clomid for too long - your body gets used to it quickly and I don't rate it at all although off course its helped many women get pregnant but you get a sense of what works for you or not. Trust your instincts completely is my advise. So watch that one.
Injections are much better in that they are stronger and results are encouraging. Although I ended up with 1 possible 2 eggs it did the job. It just felt I was being more proactive taking it - maybe I was just bored with clomid and trying something new felt different.

Anyway please keep postiive and each month devise new or even modified plans that will see you through the month and be postive. IT WILL HAPPEN off course it will it just a matter of when. Just don't get in a rut like me and look forward and onwards - that is so easy to do.  The postive effect off the mind on the body is something I never appreciated before.
Best of Luck to you ALL.
tiveyxx

Well we had our first IUI last month (Sept) needless to say it did not owrk. I was so sure that it did I felt different, boobs were tender...bloated....then found out it was the meds I was on. So know I am going through  the blame me...it's all my fault...I'm broken...What the hell is wrong with me....It just never ends. I sit here and think to myself whay...what went wrong ....see we have four kids...so why can we have just one more??/what is so different now? I ...we want this os bad....it hurts. I feel like a let down.....Anyway, we are going to try again in January....I really hope it works.
Don't be sad.  Stay positive and get rid of the ANTs (Automatic Negative Thoughts).  I had 3 IUI's (using injectibles) - all failed.  Trying to figure out how I'm going to afford IVF - but for me....it's the last option.  

Best thing to do....remain upbeat (I know, it's hard) but it really will increase your chances - according to my doctor.  

Try to stay positive.  :)
Hi everyone, I am new to this site, but have received some great support from hearing your stories and positive thoughts.

I know how you feel. I had my first in September as well and it failed. All I want to do is cry and even though I am not going to give up it's hard to keep forward. I just hope there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
We may be on the same cycle. Started AF today, will most likey be on IUI#2 around October 22nd.
Hope we both get BFP on IUI#2.
Husband and I are fine, unexplained infertility.

My doctor told me he would try 6 IUI's before proceeding to IVF. If I was sure IVF would provide better chances I'd put the money toward IVF. I think the hardest part of this journey is the not knowing, not knowing when and if this month will be the month of BFP.

Baby dust to everyone. Only those who experience this can truly appreciate the emotional roll-coaster we endure.
Hi Kim
I agree
I just had my first IUI and it failed. My doctor said he would do 6. I am starting to think that if my chances of conception are better with IVF, then maybe we should be putting all the money, that would be going to 6 IUI's, straight into IVF. Each failed cycle is draining our emotions, and bank account. I would rather pay the lump sum, do what I need to do, and end up with a successfull month. The other side of the coin is that if we do IVF and it dosn't work, then I will be thinking I should have waited and continued to try IUI's each month. I don't know which is the best route, but plan to discuss it with my doctor this month. Maybe I will only do 4 and then move on to IVF.
Baby dust to you and everyone
Yes this can be a never ending up and down of emotions. When we started this process we had four m/c, then went to fertility Doctor. They did tests and nothing is abnormal with me. The Doctor said that IUI would work....that if we had 4 childern...and got pregnant....we would be pregnant in no time. So now IUI #1 down the pooper...and cant understand what is going on. We are going to try once more...if this does not work...then we are going to stop. Emotionally it is just to hard.

Good luck to all of you.
I am new to this site. I just failed my second IUI!! Feeling like the rest of you!! Very depressed, emotionally drained and not sure I can keep trying. I am 34 years old and have never been pregnant. My husband has 2 kids from a previous marriage whom reside with us. Everyone thinks I should be fine because I have two step-children who call me mom!! I love them, but I can't help but have this need to have a child of my own. We have been trying for 4 years!! I am on my second fertility specialist now and doing the gonal-F pen along with the ovidral. I agree that it is better then the clomid. I was so depressed and irritable on that. I had a huge fibroid removed back in 2006 and now they say I have a bit of endometriosis. Other than that, we fall in the unexplained catagory! I just wish I knew the furture, or at least knew if it was ever going to happen!! It is nice to have a place to vent my feelings. My mom and sister talk with me but admit that they really don't know what I am going through! Good luck to all of you!!!
Hi Anna
Welcome. I am new here too. I am 32, never been pregnant and have unexplained infertility. My husband is dine as well. We have been trying to almost 2 years. We tried femara and progesterone suppositories but it didn;t work. My first IUI failed, and we are gearing up for IUI#2. I try to talk to family and friends but they just don't understand. You can't understand until you have been in the siutation. The excitement at the beginning of each cycle (this will be the one), then the wait, then the hope, then excitement, and then when AF appears the depression. Month after month after month. It is emotionally draining. Let me know how IUI#3 goes, and I'll keep you up to date on our progress. Keep the faith. It sometimes take a few times before it stickes. Baby dust to you and everyone on this site.
I'm in the same boat. Had my first IUI with clomid/trigger this month. Tomorrow is 15dpiui and I am to go in for my beta. Took an HPT this morning and it was BFN.  I bawled my eyes out. I am so angry at my body and why it just won't work. I am blessed with one beautiful 4 year old son that we conceived naturally in 5 months.  Now we've been trying for over 2 years and all I had is one m/c at 7 weeks (after heartbeat).  I don't know what is wrong with me or my body. I am so depressed. I already feel like giving up and getting off this crazy train. To be sure, its the progesterone suppositories they have me on that is making me a lunatic.  I feel like i need to give it 3 cycles but honestly I can't imagine how or why a child would come to us in this horrid mental state. Doing treatment is so not what i would normally do, I usually avoid any medical treatments or drugs like the plague. I don't even recognize myself anymore.  My husband is perfectly fine, his washed sperm were 65 million for IUI, why won't my body work and do this????  It feels like some divine punishment which I know is ridiculous.  Thanks for letting me vent.
Hi Renegade,

We have the same exact cycle. I also got a BFN this morning at 14 DPO. I know exactly how you feel. This was also our first IUI. I was on femara, metformin, dexamethasone, ovidrel trigger, and progesterone suppositories. I have PCOS and even though my husband's sperm analyses was perfect 6 months ago, it was only 2.6 Million post-wash for this IUI. So...we're doing another sperm analysis this week to see what the deal is.

I agree that the progesterone can make you crazy. Hang in there...I have been very emotional today as well. Any child would be lucky to have you as a mom. Obviously, you want this more than anything in the world and even though things are hectic and crazy right now, it will all be worth it when you're holding that baby in your arms. I wish you the best of luck next cycle! Baby dust to you and everyone else.
Just had my 3rd IUI yesterday! Everything went smooth....just hoping it took this time!! I am so worn out from all of this!! I am sure you know how I feel. Did you have your second IUI yet? My husband really wants me to keep going and I am going to try, but it does take alot out of you emotionally!!! I am going to think positive and pray that it worked!!! Good Luck to you!!!!
Hope all is well!! Hang in there and try to keep your head up! After my first IUI they had me on the progesterone suppositories as well, but I didn't have to take them after my 2 and or 3rd IUI, so hopefully you won't either!! I just keep telling myself this won't be forever! If I can just do all I can now, then I won't have any regrets. I just had my 3rd IUI yesterday and it just so happened to be mine and my husband's anniversary...hopefully that brought us some luck..LOL!!! Now I have the long 2 week wait!! Hope you are feeling better and LOTS OF LUCK to you!!!!      
Hi Renegadecd,

I hope you are ok. I had my first IUI on october 17 because I suffer from vaginism. I was on clomid and my doctor told me that when my follicles were ok the would give me a trigger to ovulate 2 days later. I was worried because I usually ovulate on CD14, so I didn't want to miss the ovulation. Anyway, on CD14 I had an u/s and doctor gave me the trigger, but he told me not to take it that day. He told me to come back the next day and see him for another u/s to confirm if I should have the trigger in the afternoon. Son on CD15 I had a new u/s and the discovered that I ovulated without the trigger! The just didn't know if I ovulated on CD14 after the ultrasound or the very CD15. They decided to do the IUI. I wasn't sure if that was going to work because I have read that the egg can live only for 12 hours, so I was affraid it was too late. But we did the IUI anyway. Now I'm 14DPO, and doctor told me to go and have my beta on 18DPO if AF doesn't show. But I'm depressed because I don feel any symptoms... no sore bbs, don´t get tired or dizzy, anything, just my normal PMS. I'm pretty sure AF will be here tomorrow or the next day. I just wanted to let you know how I feel, to talk to somebody who can understand me, I live in Colombia and it's quite expensive to have an IUI here, now I don´t know how to get the money for another try, but I know I have to doit because of the vaginism, there's just no way for me to get pregnant having intercourse like everybody else. Thanks for letting me share.
I have had 2 iui's and both have failed. it is so frustrating to me! I try really hard to be optimistic about things but I am beginning to think its me! I set up an appointment with my dr next week to start clomid. I have read the pros and cons of it and I hope that the next iui takes. The clomid is in injectible form, not too sure if it is the same as the oral version. anyone have any suggestions to help this time work??
i know how you all feel.. i just had my first IUI and it failed. had my hopes so high!! thought it would really work.. :(
been married for 5 yrs now.. and want to have a baby so badly.. we have unexplained infertility. everything is ok.. but its not working. :(
This whole getting pregnant thing,,the medicines, the mental and emotional strain..is just killing me.. i wanna give up.. but somehow can't.
My doctor is asking me to do a laparoscopy. but am too scared to do it. does anyone know about it?? anyone done it??  
Hi, I had my first IUI with clomid and injectables on June 28th,I had 6 follicles.  My period is not due for another 5 days but I have PMS. I am so sad!
Hi There,

Don't give up! I have done 4 IUI's.... and my 4th one was successful.  I am currently just over 4 weeks pregnant. I have my first ultrasound in 2 weeks.

I have had a laparoscopy.... and doing the surgery meant finding out I have stage 2 endometriosis.  They were able to clear it all out and I was on Lupron (to stop my periods so it wouldn't grow back right away) for 6 months.  

After that, we tried to get pregnant the old fashioned way, and it wasn't working b/c I wasn't ovulating.  

I went to the fertility specialist, had the evaluation, had an HSG where they check your tubes, and hubby had the semen analysis.  

Have you had an HSG to check your tubes? Do you know that you are ovulating?

I know how stressful it can be, trust me! I started with Clomid way back in November, and just recently moved to injectables where I got a much better response.

Best of luck!
Hi everyone!  Just some positive things to think about!  I have a beautiful 17 month old son!  I conceived on my second IUI!  We are trying again.  My iui late last month failed, but I am hopeful since my baby boy is proof that it can work.  Stay positive Ladies!!!!!  We all need more positivity whe n dealing with this enormous pressure!
I had my first IUI on the 27th and AF showed up on the 9th so we all knw what that means. I wanted this more than anything in the world and was crused when i got the call that my blood test had come back negative, i think i knew long before but jus held out hope. i am not much of a cryer but i did for two days. not sure if i should try iui aain or go for ivf. cnt really afford iv but cnt keep doing iui and it not work, end up being the same . anyone have any advise for me? im 36 and runing out of time see i also have endometriosis nd have aklready lost one ovary to it. i dnt want to give up but the heartbreak is too much.
hi

I had my first failed IUI,,.. doc told to take break for one cycle and try again,,,,,, is it worth????
I am in the same boat. Had my first IUI 2 weeks ago and started spotting 2 days ago and got my period today. I like everyone else had a breakdown and cried and cried. Does this get any easier? I imagine it only get's harder. Back to the drawing board and goign to have to go for round #2...
It does feel really nice to have other people in the same boat. As many good friends as I have noone knows what it feels like to go through this and it not happen. You try so hard not to get your hopes up and somehow it is just impossible to not. When you see the spotting start it just crushes you... I send hopes to everyone. Hoping that #2 IUI is more successful then #1, but know if it isn't I will be that more crushed...
i don't know what to say.. i also had 2 iui but it failed.. it's really hard to see every girls in your neighborhood and at the working place got pregnant instantly without any effort. i decided to stop seeing my ob because i am so tired of doing the same thing again and again... i just leave it to the lord... anything is possible to him... all we have to do is pray.. goodluck to us girl and i hope we find the true happiness with or without a baby.... :-)
Had my first IUI done and failed. I'm sad still but will keep thinking positive. We are going for IUI #2 and will remain hopeful. April is the month of my birthday and it would be a great blessing if I were to conceive in that month.  Lots of Baby Dust to all the ladies!! Keep thinking positive!!
Hi, i am new here. I am 26 years old and more than three years of marriage now. I tried iui last june 2, 2011, but unfortunately it didnt work with my femara, progynova and duphaston. i felt disappointed and depressed but of course i still want to be optimistic. now i am on day 2 of period, and i had my bloodtest for fsh lh and proclactin. im hoping my 2nd cycle would give me a positive result.
Hello everyone I'm a lesbian and I'm 29. I really want a baby so badly so my first Iui wa 2 b2b with 15 million spermies at 55 % mobility. Didn't work at all... All natural no drugs. I'm goin I. For next month again but I'm afraid to try drugs b of multiples babies. Can someone help me?
a sperm count of 15mill is low!!! this is the problem. ur doctor should have told u that .
We tried for 1 year to get pregnant normally. When it didn't happen, we went to see a fertility specialist who said my husband has sperm dysmorphia. It means 40% of his sperm are defromed. Then he said that I have endometriosos and needed a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. So we did all that and still nothing. Then we tried IUI. The first time (last month), it seems I sufffered a very ealry miscarriage. So we tried again twice (on day 14 and 15) last month. I was so sure we had been successful this time.. we even bought a pregnancy test as I had not started a period by day 15 after the IUI. But the test was negative and my period started the very next day. Iam devastated. This is costing us so much, both financially and emotionally. My husband and I are both 40 and running out of time. My stress levels are so high and I just don't know what to do or think at the moment. Any support would be welcome.
I will pray for u. I did 4 iui's 2 got me a bfp and two bfn. we are stil trying because i miscarried 3 for sure babies and 2 that could have been chemical.  Sty strong and keep praying about it. there are a lot of groups out there that offer support.
Hey girls,
I'm joining this community because it feels good to read stories similar to mine, and people who understand exactly what I'm going through. My husband and I tried to get pregnant on our own for 1 year then I went to a fertility doctor. The first month he just put me on Clomid, I had a dye test done (ouch), labs, post coital exams etc.... Didn't work. The 2nd month still Clomid, then IUI that was done at a perfect timing.... That was 2 weeks ago, and I just got my period today....I'm crying nonstop (hormones prob don't help).  I was so sure this time would work, I even had what I thought was implantation cramps and spotting 8 days after the IUI. I know it's only my first IUI but it's the 15th time I get unwanted period and the disappointment that comes with it. And the more I do to get pregnant, the harder it is when it fails... My husband doesn't get it and tells me I put too much pressure on myself. I just don't know how much longer I can take this....
My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for a year before we went to a fertility clinic. Turns out I have PCOS. I also have Vaginismus. On top of all the horrific side effects of PCOS (acne, hair loss, weight gain in the abdominal area etc etc etc) it also makes it very difficult to get pregnant. I had my first IUI treatment on 10/31 and was supposed to take a home pregnancy test on 11/14. I woke up to my period yesterday. I don't know how to explain the despair that I felt. I went to work against my better judgement and spent most of the day trying not to cry in front of others. Today I'm working from home and trying to feel hopeful again. The ultrasounds are so uncomfortable for me, as is the actual procedure. I can't even bear the thought of going through it all again. I'm sure that one try isn't a big deal, however, it took me 3 cycles of meds to even get to the point where I could do the procedure. It's exhausting. I can't handle that this is something I can't control. I am doing everything in my power to make it possible...  Just seems unfair I guess. Oh, and on top of that, the abdominal weight gain has led people to ask me if I'm pregnant. Nothing makes you want to die more than a complete stranger asking you if you're pregnant when you're not and it's all that you want to be. It's hard. So hard.
im so down and blue ... my DH and I have done intercourse w/ clomid & letrozole & HCG trigger twice... then ive had an iui beginning of this month.. i got my AF at 17 dpiui ..  my DH had excellent sperm count which was 40mil postwash. I'm really frustrated and starting to hate myself. we've been ttc for so long now and im starting to feel like its really not for me. its hard to think positive when u feel like uve tried everything and nothing just seems to work..
Thanks to everyone who responded
.
It's a strange comfort to know we are not alone (and yet it isn't). It is startling to hear how many couples are sturggling to conceive!! And to hear how much stress and dissappoinment is out there. I hardly know what to write and how to respond. I just feel like crying for all of us.

I posted another comment earleir today in a sperate post about how we failed in our 2 & 3rd IUI. And then are left with a huge conundrum this month: in summary we didn't go back to the fertility doc this month (purely due to work constraints) and tried normally. 1 week after ovulation I was feeling odd: v tired, dizzy and a bit "out of it". I was feeling dizzy and just "weird".  Wasn't sure if it was work stress or what. I thought maybe I was aneamic so I went to see my GP. She ran a whole batch of blood tests, incl a pregnancy test. That would have been exactly 6 days after ovualtion. It came back negative and were not too surprised.

BUT NOW my period is LATE!! About 7-8days late!! My cycle is still regular within a day or 2 and I don't know what to think!!! I can't actually bear doing a home pregnancy test-only to be dissapointed again. I can hardly bear this!
I know blood pregancy tests are supposed to v accurate so how could I be pregnant?? I want this so much that I am scared to have confirmation one way or another.

Could my period be late just due to all the stress (and the added stress iI feel now!!), or am I pregnant, or has something else gone wrong??
I really feel I can't cope sometimes with all of this.

But thank you for this forum !!
Baby in progress. a blood test will not show ujp + until after the baby implants and starts making hcg. that usally starts around day 8-10 for implantion and then add 24 hours for for your body to start producing it so u are looking at day 9-12 before u would get any hcg and if it is below 5 they still say neg so then add another day 10-12 days after ovulation with blood test at the earliest some people implant late and then  dont get bfp until 15-20 with blood test or hpt.  With u being 8 days late now 9 then i would say u r ok to test. it seems that u have a good chance of seeing a bfp!!!! I know it is hard to take one after seeing so many bfn;s but it is the only way u will know.  plus then your re will do blood work to see how high it is and if it is doubling. then u will get an us.  believe it our not u are only about a week away from the 1st us.  if it is a bfp!!! I am praying u get good news. Let us know!!!!
Thanks for all the comments!! I took the plunge last night and took a home PG test, well, 3 actually!! ALL POSITIVE!!!!!!

I am so overwhelmed and happy! Puzzled too as my doc, when she did the blood tests said they can detect a pregnancy 48hrs after conception!! Could not understand this as I understand they measure HGH and there can't be any until implantation, so??? She caused us some stress, but in the long run, she may have done me a favour because after I got the negative blood test result, I could relax and let go of it. And badda-bing, we are pregnant!! Grinning form ear to ear!!

Best wishes to all who are trying to conceive!!
Girl i am so excited for u!!! I pray u have a happy healthy pregnancy.!!! Have u call your re/ fertility dr. yet? they will do blood test to check your actual levels. and then set up ultra sound. They will do one earlier then if u just go to a normal ob.  They give u one at 6 weeks.  That would be in 4 days.
Thanks for putting my mind at rest!!
Well, We went to the doc/fertility doc today and he insisted on another blood test to confirm the pg and test my progesterone levels. I was so mad at him!! Irrationally so, I suppose (maybe it's already the crazy hormones talking?) but I just felt that he was doubting me and what if by some crazy fluke, the test comes back negative??! I couldn't cope with that!!

And then because tomorrow is the start of a long weekend, the bloodwork had to be sent to an external lab and we have to wait until tomorrow for the results!!Talk about going through Helll!! But I still have symptoms (feel asleep like the dead 2x today-I never sleep during the day unless I'm sick (or pg, I guess) so i won't let doubt creep in!
1st scan next week at 6 weeks like u said!! :-)
.
Don't let the doubt get u . I am sure you will get that hone call today with the results. i bet your numbers are high.  i cant wait to hear about the scan.

They put me on bcps this month because they found a cyst. I feel like i went back wards.  although we did sign the adoption papers yesterday. I am beyond excited about that.
That's wonderful news!! So happy for you!!

We did get a positve blood test result btw!! Phew!! I think I had decided not to let doubt creep in, but my husband was doing his nut!! (I think it's harder for the men becuase they don't really know what is happening to our bodies: they only know what we/the doc tell them. Poor things. But he doesn't have sore breasts, headaches on and off, hearburn and weird tiredness, now does he?).

My progesterone levels were within the normal range, but on the lower end, so tha doc has put me onto a VERY expensive supplement (which I am going to have to try to get the medical aid to pay for!!) 1st Scan on Thurs/Fri next week!! So excited.
well sad to say that i have my 1st failed IUI ds month  i really taught thaT im pregnant den when im ready to test if im pregnant den der my blood is coming ....so sadddd.any suggestion what to do to make the sperm count high my husband has very low sperm last month coz his sick for two wks so the dr.just gamble and inject me w/his sperm.maybe ds feb.we gonna go back to the dr.wish me luck...
So sorry to hear... I know the feeling of being sure an IUI worked only to find that it did not. But keep positive, it will happen.. you just can't always predict when. And that is the difficult part. Wishing you strength and good luck in Feb.
Iui is sooo stressful.amazes me how anyone can get pg under such stress. I swore i wouldnt do that to myself and the day after iui the obsessing started.Mine failed first try.taking a month off due 2 cysts from clomid:(
I did IUI and took pregnancy test like dr told me to on Monday and it came back nagative i still haven't started my period yet and it is now Wednesday. How long for some of you did it take for you to start after you tested?
i am also new to this site i also on first iui have blood test in few day i am staying postive ,been trying for 7 years ,dont give up i know it gets hard but you got to keep getting back up i belive it will happen its just not now .wishing all you ladies the best and your dreams of been a mom come true
I did my 1st IUI and its fail...I'm so depressed and I'm crying the whole day. Just wondering how some ladies can conceive so easily... And why its so hard for me.....
I did my 1st IUI 4 years ago. I was blessed that it worked the first time. I have a 3 year old daughter, now we are trying for number 2 and the IUI didn't take...2 days before my 2 week mark.... I'm really sad... but I'm willing to try this again. Just have to be positive, If not I will give up.

Thanks for reading