Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
FSH baseline bloodwork

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

FSH baseline bloodwork

I just got my results for my day 3 period baseline bloodwork, they called it FSH and it was 7.9  does anyone know what is a good number to get?  The nurse said it was good, so I feel better.
From what I understand, anything under 9 is good.  I just had the same test and mine was 4.6.  My doctor was testing for premature ovarian failure, which would cause high FSH levels.  High levels of FSH (over 13 or so) mean that your body isn't ovulating and for some reason can't be stimulated to ovulate.  So your body produces more and more FSH, tying to stimulate ovulation.  Now I'm no expert, but this is what my doctor explained to me.
Avatar n tn
You are good witha  7...mine was 11 and I am on my 1st round of IVF.
Avatar n tn
thanks ladies!