Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
FSH levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

FSH levels

Hi there

I'm a few short weeks away from being 33 years old, have had one miscarriage, and have unexplained infertility. My FSH levels were tested at 9.5. Could you please explain that number to me and how it effects infertility?

Thanks!
Normal levels of FSH on cd3 (or close to cd3) are 10 and under. FSH does fluctuate from cycle to cycle as well. It is a fair indication of ovarian reserve, the higher the #, the less the odds of achieving pregnancy. However, there are many ladies that conceive in the borderline area as well. I would wait a month or two then repeat the test. If is lower, I wouldn't worry. If is same or higher, I might think about soy, flax seed or DHEA to see if I could lower it a little. That's just me though and I tend to be obsessive :)
Thanks so much for the advice. I eat tons of soy already, but I love it!  I'll check my b/w again and see where I'm at.  
Hi there....

I suggest you to try IVF herbal support. I got to know about these herbs through my sister that took it and got pregnant after 3 months (http://ivfherbalsupport.com/).

This is my 5th natural IVF cycle and I had started taking the herbs 3 months ago. So far in day 3 after retrievals I had better fertilization (5-8 cells embryo) in the last 3 treatments, my uterine lining became thicker (8 mm) and my FSH got a bit lower.
Still not pregnant but my overall condition is better and waiting for my blood tests.

Hope this helps :)

I have high FSH (anywhere from 10-13 normally) and I take Wheat Grass shots (buy at Whole Food which I know you have in abundance in Seattle) and DHEA.  So far it hasn't loswered anything, but what the heck, why not?!  :)
I'd rather be taking shots of tequilla...but you know, whatever helps!  :)  Thanks!
You can totally mix your wheat grass with booze ( believe me, I've tried it! )