Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
FSH really fluctuating..and accuracy of test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

FSH really fluctuating..and accuracy of test

I am in my late 30s and have been trying to conceive for about 7 months. I have a history of ovarian cysts and recently had a laproscopy done to remove minor endo and a couple of ovarian cysts. WHen I had my first Day 3 FSH test done in Oct it was 10- not an issue according to my RE. I had the test re-done in Feb when I was also having issues with some small cysts on my ovaries, and it came back 1.6!! Very low, but both gyn and RE said that was "very good". Now, question-don't ovarian cysts raise estrogen, therefore lowering FSH and giving a misleading result?? I mentioned this to my RE and he didnt seem concerned. My AMH is very low too, oddly. I had a laproscopy done in March to remove the minor endo and a big cyst was removed from my ovary. I also found out I am responding well to injections, and had my first IUI in April, produced lots of big follicles, and became pregnant but had an early miscarriage. So I started bleeding and cramping and figured, period was here so I went back and had my FSH re-done, along with the test for anti-sperm antibodies which I am on prednisone for. My FSH now is 12.8 and Im wondering if I had it done at the right time (though it was day 3).. I am trying not to obsess over the FSH. I cannot afford IVF right now , I am single, and can only continue trying naturally, and do another IUI in July. I am thinking since I am a good responder to meds, that maybe I am making a bigger deal out of this than I need to. I left a message for my RE's nurse to let her know of my lab results that my GYN did. Opinions please- thanks.