Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
FSH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

FSH

I am 54  yrs, 9 yrs post menopausal. A month ago removed both of  my ovaries and tubes. Did blood test yasterday and I FSH is 57.3 high. What does that mean?
My understanding is that your brain is trying to stimulate your ovaries.  Your brain sends out chemicals (folicle stimulating horome) and if they do not talk back to the brain with chemical signals then the brain keeps sending out more and more FSH.  It goes higher and higher in menopause.  You have been forced into early monopause and I think that it will continue to rise.  I don't know how high it goes - I have heard up into the hundreds eventually.  I forget what cuts it off.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.