Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Factor V leiden and healthy pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Factor V leiden and healthy pregnancy

I have had 1 miscarriage at 3 weeks and 1 still birth at 33 weeks. They found I had an 80% placental apruption and factor v leiden. This happened 3 weeks ago today. I am in the process of following with several doctors. I was wondering if anyone out there has gone through this and had any successful pregnancies?
Tags: factor
Related Discussions
318181_tn?1336447096
Hi becca!

I'm so sorry to hear of your two losses. I can't even imagine how it would be to lose a baby at 33 weeks...

I also have Factor V Leiden (one gene), and after two early miscarriages (8 weeks and 6 weeks), I'm now 18 weeks pregnant! I take a lovenox injection every day to prevent any possible clots.

Most of the literature say that Factor V is not supposedly an issue until the second or third trimester, so your 33-week loss could definitely fall into that category (although, I'm not sure how the placental abruption affects things). But, personally, I've come to think that it can also affect first trimester losses. It could be a total coincidence that my first two pregnancies failed, but I have a feeling the lovenox injections helped this time.

I would highly recommend that you start taking one baby aspirin a day while trying to get pregnant, and once you do conceive, ask your doctor to be put on blood-thinning meds right away...just to make sure.

I wish you all the best! Hopefully you'll be able to get pregnant again soon, and carry to term next time!

Heather

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank