Factor V leiden and healthy pregnancy
I have had 1 miscarriage at 3 weeks and 1 still birth at 33 weeks. They found I had an 80% placental apruption and factor v leiden. This happened 3 weeks ago today. I am in the process of following with several doctors. I was wondering if anyone out there has gone through this and had any successful pregnancies?
Hi becca!

I'm so sorry to hear of your two losses. I can't even imagine how it would be to lose a baby at 33 weeks...

I also have Factor V Leiden (one gene), and after two early miscarriages (8 weeks and 6 weeks), I'm now 18 weeks pregnant! I take a lovenox injection every day to prevent any possible clots.

Most of the literature say that Factor V is not supposedly an issue until the second or third trimester, so your 33-week loss could definitely fall into that category (although, I'm not sure how the placental abruption affects things). But, personally, I've come to think that it can also affect first trimester losses. It could be a total coincidence that my first two pregnancies failed, but I have a feeling the lovenox injections helped this time.

I would highly recommend that you start taking one baby aspirin a day while trying to get pregnant, and once you do conceive, ask your doctor to be put on blood-thinning meds right away...just to make sure.

I wish you all the best! Hopefully you'll be able to get pregnant again soon, and carry to term next time!

Heather