Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Failed IVF - heartbreaking and very tearful.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

My first IVF didn't work. I actually didn't think that this can be so painful and emontionally wreckless. I just hope that my second time will be more successful. I don't even know what is wrong with me, no freaking explanation from the doctors either.
I actually had a blood test yesterday, which was 14 days after ovulation and was negative. I just want to know why am I still having the symptoms. My period is late (but then again it is the progesterone) and I am feeling very shaky and the abdominal pain and pelvic pain is just overbearring. I am also very light headed right now. What is happening, is this a normal reaction after failed IVF, does anyone knows what is going on with me.
I'm so sorry. Did your dr order a second blood test or the HCG is too low or zero? My HCG was below 5 in my first IVF so it was a negative, did not do a second test. It is very heartbreaking, I know. But please do take care of yourself. I think if you are still having symptoms still, doc should do another test. I did not have any symptoms. I started my period 2 days after I stopped the progestrone.
Well, I stopped progesterone yesterday.  However, I forgot to ask the nurse (since I was fighting the tears ;-( ) what kind of test are they using... I hope that my clinic is not using the yes or no test but rather the quantity beta test. I will see the doctor on Thursday and ask her. The nurse said that I might be getting my period Wedn or Thursday but that is kind of late. I am just wondering what are my chances for the second IVF, especially that I had 3 embryos at the blastocyst stage... I guess my doctors will have to do something different now.
I am sure they did the beta. They had you stop your progestrone, hcg was definetly less than 5. I have 5 frozen embryo (blasts stages) left. Since they did stick to the lining, dr thinks maybe the linning was not strong enough to hold. So we have taken a month off and next period she will do more work with the uterus to see if there is anything else going on. I have my next appt on 4/17 so will plan things then. FET has almost the same rate of success as the fresh I heard. Good luck.
Thank you and good luck to you too. I don't have any frozen embryos left, but I will take a 1 month break and then come back to have my 2nd IVF. Last time I had 3 embryos in the blastocyst stage. I have an appt on Thursday with the doctor, so she will probably tell me what is the next step.
MAR13
I AM SO sorry to hear what you are going through.  I know how tough it can be on you both physcially and emotionally
I did my first IVF as well In Feb and the embryo did catch but the doctors are now telling me that it stopped growing just as I was entering my 6th week
I am so sorry but we both have to be positive and hopeful that our 2nd IVF will work for us
Hi honey.  I just now have been able to get on-line to find out how you are doing!  You are breaking my heart hon, I just feel so bad for you.  I know it does not make any sense.  I felt the same way after I lost my baby due to the ectopic.  The lightheadness is probably due to all the stress after hearing the news, however, if this becomes extreme, get right to a dr.  Do you have any family member nearby that can be with you during the day so you are not alone?   I know that I just spoke to you yesteday for the first time, but I really do understand your sorrow.  Try not to stress yourself out too much.  Someone reminded me yesterday, after her failed 1st IVF, to remember that you can always try again.  For her, it worked the second time.  There is hope.  It is just hard to see that right now.  Please keep in touch and write me whenever you want.
I have been there.  My first IVF failed as well.  The symptoms stay with you for a while I think because of the crazy changes your body has incurred.  You'll be fine.

You're RE did not tell you anything?  That is something you need to question right away and don't stop pressuring him until you get the answers you are looking for.  That was my DH advice to me and I found it helped me to get over the miserable feelings of dissappointment; once I had the information I was searching for.  I felt it was all my fault, like I did something I had done wrong until I got a good explaination.
Please keep us posted.  We're here for your support.  I completed my 2nd IVF today.
well i have had 6 failed IUI's and just found out today, i have my 1st failed IVF, not a record i like to keep.
can't stop crying, mad at the world, the drs, GOD, myself.  i  must have did something wrong.  have to go in for a IVF post cycle, just so depressed, how can i cope.
Well i have been trying for 7 years, all failed IVF's and out of money.  I am not a movie star nor am I rich who have that kind of cash to dish-out.  Just mariepresley, I can't stop crying, mad at the world, the doctors, my partner, GOD, myself. I must have did something wrong. I don't want to give hope because I am 38yrs old, but how can I go on with no more money and in debit so I can't get a loan.  Just so depressed how can I cope this is life or death for me not to have a child.  I don’t know what I am asking for, but some help or maybe someone should do a talk show on this big problem.

Sign,
Katena

Please don't give up.  A lot of people on this board know exactly how you feel including myself...it's a terrible, terrible feeling that no one who hasn't been through it understands.  I heard Oprah just had an episode on infertility last week.  I missed it, but she said they had all different types of people and couples on that have struggled with infertility.  Here is a link from her website http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200710/tows_past_20071009.jhtml  
Pleae keep in touch if you want to talk to someone who knows exactly what you are going through.
i know how your feeling just had 5th failed..feel as if im dieing inside and know body understands like you i got over previous cycles by going straight into next cycle but money is gone now and as a couple were pulled apart dont know if we,ll survive this......
I have just made 32 and just had my 1st IVF, it was a failure. I found out 2 days ago. My Hcg was 7, the dr wanted me to do a 2nd blood test but I chose not too. Anyway saw my first sign of blood this morning, so I am starting my period (2 days after stopping the progesterone). My husband and I feel terrible. We have no embryos frozen. We only had two that made it to blastocytes, so we are back at the start up line. Although we have one son, he is 8, we still want other kids. We have been trying for a second child for 5 years and this was our last attempt. Not sure what went wrong. Not sure if we will try IVF again. We might just try the traditional way for a while and let GOD do the rest,. Have to schedule a f/u with Dr to find out what could have gone wrong, haven't given up hope.
I have just failed my 5th IVF attempt. No reason why it is not working, I am perfectly healthy and everything goes well until implantation. It is even worse as we are undertaking PGD to try and avoid a life threatening genetic disorder being passed to our kids, so for me, Its horrid (I am the carrier of the disease) and each month we go through the process, i worry will there be enough eggs, will the quality be good enough and will they become embryo's...after this I spend a week worrying if they all make it to 8 cell stage so we can do a biopsy to see which ones are healthy. I have had a couple of cycles where there have been no healthy embryo's (it is devastating) and then a decision must be made, do you implant a carrier? Its not an easy decision to make especially when I dont want to have to see my kids go through what I am doing because they carry the same gene as I do. Anyway, we implant 1 healthy embryo if we have one and then I wait. So far no success, I feel like a failure. My husband is supportive and loving but I dont think he truely understand how this impacts me as i feel its my fault. Anyway, we will give it one more go (same dr for the last few due to the genetic issues). If we are not successfull this time I think we will give it a break. But ladies, its hard and its exciting, stressful and sometimes heartbreaking, but I hope after hearing from so many people that it does happen. Good luck to you all and thanks for sharing your stories and giving me hope and somewhere to try and just voice my thoughts. I find it difficult to talk to my friends as I dont want to be judged for making this decision and dont want to worry my parents or family with these issues either. I feel alone sometimes and am happy to be able to share this with you all. GOOD LUCK everyone.
Hi Everyone,

I recently had a failed IVF. This was our first IVF. I have this deep sadness in my heart.Never felt so dejected in my life.I do not have energy to do anything. I feel physically and emotionally week.
   To  make things worse..all my friends are either pregnant or have kids.
Good for them, but I feel left out. I feel like we have to move to another city where no one knows us.
  I hope GOD gives us all the strength to deal with this problem.
Hi Everyone,

I too like all of you have recently had a failed IVF cycle. It was our first attempt. Went through with it with all the hope in the world and it hurts so bad when all that hope just got crushed.
I'm from Australia and according to the policy here they only transfer one embryo if you are less than 35 (I'm 30). I was hoping against hope because I was diagnosed mild endometriosis as well.
At this stage we are not sure whether to go through the 2nd cycle or not. The 2nd will be our last if we go through it. More than the expenses, I don't think I can handle another failed cycle. It is absolutely heartbreaking.  
Hello everyone,

I just had my first failed IVF cycle and I am heart broken. We have been trying for 2 years to have another child and I was a donor and was able to produce 21 eggs and I kept 10 of the eggs. I had 8 fertilized, and 4 made it to freezing and one was transferred and I am so crushed to know that nothing happened. I just feel horrible. I am blessed to have a beautiful daughter, however I want more kids...... I feel lost and confused and not to mention disconnected from my husband. I am considering doing another cycle, but I am too scared about the results and not to mention the cost of everything.... Please any advice.
i have, like all on here, just had a failed ivf cycle. It was my first too after having 2 eggs transferred. I had a scan on 10/01/10 to see one fetal pole with a HB and another fetal pole WITH a HB. Great news for us, but as i had in total 5 gestational sacs (2 empty and the other with a yolk sac) they wanted us back 10 days later. So we were back there Monday just gone to see on screen our baby without a HB. This was devastating news and could not stop crying. I have heard that 2nd attempts at IVF would be more successful although reading this forum tells me different. I hope and pray for you and myself and everybody else TTC that a miracle happens in the result of ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes at least. Best of luck to us all ladies xx
Yesterday I had one of the worst phone calls ever...my IVF had failed. My BETA was only up 1 point when it should have been at least 5 - I was crushed. Absolutely devastated. See we really wanted this to take. A year and a half ago we went through the entire process. Had 5 beautiful embryos fertilized to the umpteenth power and guess what happened? when my doctor was getting ready to transfer into my uterus...HE LOST MY EMBRYOS...yes, that's what I said...he lost them. He looked in the catheter and they were not there. Apparently his fingers 'pulled the trigger' without him realizing it...hoooooo, I still hurt to this day when i think about the lost opportunity. We just had a re-do but did not have the same amount or look of embryos...not at all. The first batch, the ones that got lost were a total of 5, beautiful cell 8's. This time around we only had 2 one Grade A-4cell and the other Grade B-2cell...plus another red flag---he transferred on day 2, not 3 or 5, but 2. That to me meant that the embryos didn't look like they were going to survive and they wanted to just transfer and be done with me. I feel so terrible right now. I know that I should not/cannot blame anyone. After all, there are no guarantees! I'm already 43 years old and my husband suffers from low sperm count, but I'm 43 years old....43! I found this wonderful place overseas. It is going to cost me about 35-40% of what I paid the last time and the new doctor seems more aggressive, which my first doctor was not. That's what I need, someone aggressiveness. Anyways, I'm still hurting so I should not post this because there is too much anger in my words. I appreciate your reading this as it certainly makes me feel a tad bit better. Off I go to cry some more. Good luck to you all and to all a good nite.
Ugg...Just failed my 5th IVF. Devastated.. and no one with the exception of those who are going through this could possibly understand.I don't want to give up,  but the pain of pursuing this sometimes seems too much to bare.
I failed my 1st IVF was 3 wks pregnant then started bleeding miscarried of course. I have egg collection today but only have 5 follicles, i hope and pray everything goes fine. It is devistating going through the whole process and getting good news until you get that dreaded phone call after blood tests. All i say to everyone is dont give up, it may seem a milestone but try to keep going.
i feel ur pain.. i had my first ivf trasnfer done on 8.2.10 -- 5 embies 8 cell each grade I. Did my beta blood work yest and the result was 7.88.... devasted when my doc clininc told me to stop thr progesteron.. wait for the period... i was hopeful.. i dont know what went wrong if everything was so perfect......... and i dont know the way ahead.. any advices.. im listening.. feels like GOD is not with us.
Hello Ladies,  please do not give up hope.  Reading your stories brought back memories for me.  Not pleasant but I did learn from them.  I had a failed IVF last July.  Did a lot of reasearch, I have unexplained infertility and no male issues.  Like all you wonderful ladies , I was devastatted even though it was my first try at fertility treatment I blamed myself.  After all I was 39.  The 2nd try was much easier and at my insistence my RE increased the dosage.  I also started taking B6 Vit, addnl folic acid+prenatalVit +DHA supps+eating brazil nuts.  I was also told to increase my BMI  to atleast 18 so cut down my running.  I am now 31 weeks+ pregnant with a baby girl.  So please don't give up hope you will have your baby.  I understand how hard and devastating this can be and how much we blame ourself but you will have your hearts desire.  Look at me I am the perfect example.  Good luck!!
We too have had a history of failed attempts both naturally & artificially. My husband has a low sperm count with little to no motility. I have a history of fluid filled cysyts & mild endometreosis. We have been married 7 years this June 29, 2010, I'm 30 he's 36 & neither of us have ever experienced the miricale of creating our own new life. It depresses me that my friends & family all have there own children already...some didnt even want thiers?! Our faith has really been tested once again. We just failed IVF. I was on birth control (per the RE req) & lupron 10cc for 11 days then once supressed went on follostim 150 for 8. On day 9 before my trigger we had 12 follicles, of the 9 eggs retrieved there was only 1 normal embryo at day 2 it had 3 cells...We were so hopeful overnight that lil embryo would grow. At 8am on 3/26/10 we recieved the call from a nurse..."your embryo stopped growing we are calling to cancel the transfer scheduled for 11:40am" I was shocked, disapointed, heartbroken, angry and full of ?'s There were 7 eggs that were fertilized of the 7 all had double nuclei. They were not splitting correctly or normally except that 1...It's breaking my heart they RSC wouldn't wait at least another couple of days & keep my Hope alive...The RE called an hour later & advised there'd be no reason to transfer. "This was only Day3" I cried in my mind what if we wait a couple more days...I ended up having an ultrasound that same day... now I have a rather large hemoragic cyst. I been off all meds now for 5 days. I still haven't received my period? I'm praying that GOD will work a miracle & we will find ourselves pregnant soon...This is no joke IVF is expensive & with the stories above...some up to 5 failed attempts... Whats the sense of having children when you can't pay your mortgage or provide a life for them? This healthcare reform should be more concerned with people like ourselves instead of all the abortion debating...I Pray for all of us... My husband has said, "I fear that it's beyond GOD's control. I think that it is just circumstance." I'm starting to really wonder if Faith plays any role in our infertility stories...look at all the people in this world who have No Faith... some take drugs & abuse thier bodies, yet they are Blessed with children?  Is this part of God's plan?
hello there.. i've read your story.
very sad. hows it now?
i just failed my 1st ivf.
i was 31.
i have 1 daughter.10 years old.
very funny. when i was young i keep getting pregnant when iam not ready so i aborted it. now my daughter grown up and asking for little sister or brother, in other side when we have our 1st baby my hubby done vasectomy to stop me getting pregnant, coz condoms and pils doesnt work to me. now after long years i finally open up my mind and iam really badly wanted a baby. the ivf is torturing.and hubby too must do tesa operation proces to take the sperm out.
i hate neddle. i hate all about ivf, but i close my eyes and endure it just so we can have baby again.my hubby is there every single minute during the ivf. he inject me everyday. he took care of me well.he left all his bussines behind for 1 whole months just to take care of me.
after 1 months pregnancy suddenly one morning i got stomach pain and start bleeding. iam tremble and scared the **** outa me. run to hospital with hubby. doc said i lost one embryo, left 2. so no more tears we go home so happy though we gonna have twin. one week after we back to doc, well all gone :-((. i couldnt talk in front of the doc, i hold my tears. i didnt know it will be this pain. my stomach so pain but i cant feel it. suddenly i feel the world is not moving. so silence. hubby gone crazy he want to beat the doc. its not the doc fault though its just hubby cannot accept the news too. he said a big hammer just hit his head, knock him down. i felt so down, when i walk out from hospital tears all over my face, iam shaking. couldnt talk, couldnt think.i felt like the world is collapsing. i was so mad to GOD. why he do this to me?. whenever i look at my husband i start to cry again. its so pain remembering how much he taking care of me and our daughter during the ivf. he dont even allowed me to carry a handbag. it broke my heart of how i broke my husband heart. when we got the bad news, my daughter cry so badly as well. i dont have power to ask her why she cry. i only said " iam sorry my girl, i failed to give u a sibling.".she answer me " iam sorry mommy maybe i give you too much stres thats why baby gone!" i blame my self for all the failure. feel like stupid ****.i duno how long this feeling wil eat me alive. tell me wat to do.
Ok ladies- First I want to thank you all for your kind words and support after IVF #5 failed.  
I took a risk and tried again and IVF # 6 was the charm, I transferred one frozen and two fresh embryo's on April 4th and just got my 1st beta result on April 16th 17 dpo and it was 700!! is that twins?
It's always a blessing to find so many supporters in here to share their experiences. I too have felt like it's all my fault that my IVF implantations don't work. But after reading so many positive outputs in here, just makes me feel like stronger. The best of luck to all the ladies here.
i am 5 weeks today 1st beta at 17dpo 700 , 2nd beta 20dpo 3000, is that high too? Also, they said I have elevated thyroid and antibodies? should I worry? going back to dr tomorrow but def. can't sleep.
Congratulations! Wish you the best of luck with your baby/ies ;o) Have patience you'll learn soon enough if it's twins or one. The most important thing is that life is growing inside of you and you will meet each other soon. Keep a pregancy journal, cravings, just everything. When your baby/ies turn into teenagers they just love hearing all about what you craved while you were pregant from them. All the anxieties. I know since I tell my 3 elder children about them all the time. <-- (From 1st marriage) They just love it. Good luck and keep us posted as to all your pregnancy symptoms. Haha there will be a time where you'll be getting closer to your due date that you'll sneeze or laugh and you'll be going to pee every second for such actions.. LOL yup that happens..
Hey~

My husband and I are blessed to have a beautiful 5 year old daughter. We experienced a miscarriage approximately two years ago and have been unsuccessful in our attempts since that time. We made the decision to do IVF after being told my ovarian reserve was low. We both have had all of the routine testing and fall into the unexplained category. At the time of egg retrieval, I produced 15 eggs. Eleven embyros were formed the day after retrieval and on day three we had 10 embyros. As we were making our travel to the infertility clinic we received the phone call that no embyros survived. So day three 11 embyros and day five none?? The doctors detect no genetic abmoralities and we are left feeling as though we will not achieve another successful pregnancy
My husband and I have been trying to have a child for about 4 years now.  We have had 1 failed IUI, and as of today 1 fail IVF.  The Dr. say that we are both in healthy shape and there appears to be nothing wrong.  But why did IVF fail?  I seem to be lost and stuck here with un answered  questions.  Please help, any advice right now would be great.
I think we believe IVF needs to work and it does not 100% of the time. Doctors can only do so much but it is an artificial process and it makes it harder even though they make us believe it is an amazing thing! I was overconfident the first time I did IVF since I was 100% healthy and stuff but it did not work. I had 4 failed IVF and then got pregnant naturally at 41 but miscarriage at 9 weeks due to chromosomal abnormalities. Chances are IVF works best if you are younger but for me it is like a 2-3% shot.

Good luck !!!
I just had my bhcg test and it was 5. It was 5 three days ago when I couldn't wait for the test day. I feel like the whole world had stopped and do not want to go over this experience soon. I am off the pessaried but something iside of me still have hope for this 5 to become 300! I feel so stupid and I am trying to hide my tears from my DH coz it hurts me alot to see his tearful eyes.
this is my first ivf and I still have 5 frozen embryos.. I don't know if it is a good idea to wait or go ahead with it..
Please dont feel too discouraged.  FIrst ivf usually fail.  Be grateful that you have 5 frozen to use.  Most of us never have any to freeze.  My first ivf was a success however, resulted in a chemical pregnancy at almost 6 weeks.  I just did my 2nd ivf on the 9th of this month and im on my 2ww.  My chances are much lower that yours due to not having any frozen embryos and that fact that i just had my 39th birthday on the day of transfer.  Please dont loose hope.  Jump right back on that IVF horse.  Dont allow yourself too much time to dwell.  The faster you continue this process, the faster you may reach the results that we are ALL seeking and that is to be a MOM!!!  Good luck to you and all of us who suffer with infertility issues.
OMG..i cant believe how our stories are so similar. I'm just reading your post from back in january 2010.That is me now. I am 31yrs...only difference is i already have a 6.5yr old DD, who was concieved with Clomid after 12months of use.Now we have just had our heartbroken with the 1st FAILED IVF. I just cant stand to be alone, as it's all i think about and then i break down into tears. I don't know anyone persona;;y who has been through this unfortunatley.
When I had my IVF (the first time) we were 3 couples together with our doc in another country in Europe. It's so strange because of all the 3 ladies including me, I was the very calm and very relaxed one. The other 2 ladies were so impatient, they were complaining and somewhat always nagging ay their husband. My husband and I was just observing them. Our doctor who accompanied all of us 3 couple was also annoyed by these 2 other women. They would smoke too even before and after IVF. They were walking normally not like me. I was so careful after IVF, I walked slowly and I was just quiet and not commenting about anything. After the 2www I found out the the 2 ladies ( who had this for the 2nd IVF) were pregnant and I am the one who is not pregnant...
I am happy for them ..questions come to my mind..maybe I have to be like them?oh well...
I too failed my 1st IVF last week at the age of 30. Everyone keeps telling me "It's ok you can always try again." The point is no one knows the heartache I feel and the emotional roller coaster I went through for the past 5 weeks. The only thing I ever wanted in life was a family. I have the PERFECT man in the world but no kids to complete my life. I am still waiting for the call from the doctor to tell me what went wrong. I just need answers. I have cried myself to sleep every night knowing that I failed. If I was so perfect and healthy why didn't this work especially at my age???? And why did I only have 2 embryos to make it while the other 5 didn't??? It just isn't fair and it doesn't make sense! I cry everytime I write on these boards, I have never been through something so heart breaking in my life....
I could relate to you a lot. i am 33. my first IVF got cancelled last week. as i only produced 2 follicles. i too have a very good husband. he is the most caring loving and a postivie thinking guy. never blames me for my infertility or anythying for that matter. my heart broke when they said i only have got 2 follicles. i am seeing doctor tomorrow to discuss next steps. i read like they give 2 cycles break in between for better response. so we could be cycle buddies sometime in august. good luck.
dont compare yourself with them. they sound to be too casual and too easy going. and you sound to be a nice girl decent and well-behaving. it could have failed for this cycle; it will succeed next time. you never know it could have failed for them too for their earlier cycles. our attitude and behavior should not be changed for anyone.

good luck dear.
Babyhope40527

I know exactly what you are going thru, you are questioning your self. You feel like you failed  and you let your husband down. But you DiDNT. It does hurt and its good to cry and let it out. I went thru all that my 1st IVF WHICH failed. YOU are happy for everyone else, but still wish it could be you to.     But you know what dont give up, I prayed  and on it, posting here really help me get thru my first BFN.

And i decided to try again , this time i got a bfp.

I know its hard to think positive right now, but you  have to try to put that  1st cycle behind you. ANd think ahead , I Think sometimes god is testing us to see how strong we are.
Saying a pray for the both of you,. And we are all here if you need to talk
Ladies I know it hurts I also went through what your going through. Back in 06-08 I had two fail IVF before getting prego. with my daughter who is now three. I didnt give up I keep praying and trusting in God. Now we just went through it again for Apirl 29 I for a Failed result it broke my heart cause I'm going back through this all over again but I'm still trusting in God to do it. My DH decided not to do it again and he want to start looking for a house. But last night he came to me and said that his heart he really want another baby and that a house can wait. So after much thinking and i'm going to keep praying that God if me some direction to what to do. But the house will be but whole hold for now.  
Hello and welcome back to rollercoaster! hope you dont mind me asking when you conceived your daughter via ivf, did you have beter embies that cycle, do anything different? and what age are you, we are on our 4th and last ivf, I am 41 and our 1st cycle did work but I miscarried, next 2 cycles were both negative. We have a had 8 month break and now are just on day 4 of stimms with ER scheduled for June 17th. This time beacuse I always produced few eggs and not great cell division I have been tking dhea, which is meant to help with egg quality. We shall see as cycle progresses.  My best wishes to you as you embark on your next cycle, and positive vibes your way, lots of lov melissax.
No, I dont mind you asking.The time I concevied I had few embies and was grade 7 but as the dr went over everything he was suprise because the one that made it to frezzer was lower then that so he's not really sold on the embies grade that much. Last time I have 14 Retraiv when I gor prego with my daughter this time I had 21 retravi and I had 2 grade 8 and one 7 meaning cycles that had developed.We did nothing different far as med's go I pray more is the only thing I did and really depend on God so thats all I really did different. I did do different was start doing Acupuncture. WhicH I did this cycle also. Which I will be doing next cycle also. So the problem isnt my eggs I just think it wasnt my time yet! WELL YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS
Thank you for your kind words of support. I know my problem is my eggs and like I said before this is our last shot, just wish they were better quality but as I conceived our son naturally 3 years ago I know there may still be a good one out there! its just finding it!! And getting it to stick! Its a long rollercoaster and we're just at the beginning of this cycle. My best wishes to you, melissax
Yes, a rollcoaster it is but just keep you mind on GOD and trust that he is going to do it for you. Walk in faith and not by sight. Claim it in his name that its already done.
Hi everyone, I am 29 years old and just got the worst phone call of my life!
Just had my first round of IVF and ICSI our problem is male factor, low count and motility. Anyway I had 9 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized but only 1 was able to transfer. Doc told me the embryo was perfect and I was so excited when they called after my first beta saying I was pregnant!
Then went in for my second beta 2 days later and they said my levels did not go up and it may not be viable. This was confirmed today and I have not stopped crying. I feel so bad and my husband is deployed so it makes it that much harder to go through on my own (I moved countries to be with him so have no family here)
Not sure if we can ever afford to try again, and if we could I am so scared of another failure.
It's nice to know that I'm not alone, but so sad that there are so many of us that desperately want a child and it's just so hard!
I'm so sorry to hear that... I know it must be hard for you to go through this alone but we are never alone. God is with us when we need him the most just cry out to him and pray. I pray that you will find comfort with this news. I know it hurt and it seem like you cant get through this but in time you will. I'm sorry I'm here if you need to talk!
Hi everyone, I've been reading some of the posts and I feel for you because i also got the devestating news yesterday 6-24 that my results were negative. I am 26 yrs and my husband and I have been trying for 6 yrs to have a baby. I had three ectopic preg, and this year we decided to to try IVF. When i got the news that the blood work was negative a cried by my self because my husband was asleep (since his shift for this month is overnight). I usually keep things bottled up, but he is more emotional than me. We cried together for a while asking why this keeps happening to us. All i told him was that we have to have faith in god and he will give us our child when he knows we are ready.
I'm sorry for letting all this out, but i feel like my family friends don't know what I'm going through becasue they haven't gone through it. Right now i don't feel like being around people. I don't know if this is normal...
One more thing I haven't gotten my pd, but i have been crapping super bad for this past week.. Oh sorry one more thing, we have decided to try again next summer, we are going to save the money again.
I had negative test 3rd June. I thought I'd got over it but this week I fell apart. Someone mentioned the treatment and all the feelings of emptiness came back. It was my first time and even though you are told that it rarely works first time I fantasised that I'd be the lucky 1. I have 2 frozen but feel so down hearted that I don't think it would be wise 4 me to try until early next year. We have booked a holiday and hopefully I can gain the confidence to try again.  
does anyone know what men should eat in case of low sperm count and mobility?in case of genetic disorders, i doubt anything can be done except testing the embryos before the transfer
Good Morning Ladies, I understand what everyone is going through when they get that phone call and its not what we want to hear. God has a plan for us and he will give us the desire of our heart but we must first seek him in everything we do. Cry out to him express to him how you feel and how you hurt. He hears our hearts and when we hurt he hurt and that’s not what he wants for his children and we ALL our Gods Children. It just wasn’t his time yet. But in his time it will happen for all of us. Just don’t give up and keep trusting, believing and leaning on the Lord.

Hi, I just got bad news today in regards to my first failed IVF.  I had tried IUI twice, then we decided to stop IUI and go full force with the IVF.  Both my hubby and I were very hopeful during the 2WW period, believing I am carrying twins.  It's hard getting the news, however I will do another cycle next month.  During my first IVF I had 12 eggs retrieved, out of the 12 only 8 fertilized, but then only 2 were good for the transfer.  I will do a fresh cycle this coming month.  It's hard, but now that I know what to expect as far as the procedures, it makes it a bit easier and less scary.  However the side effects of the drugs is really annoying.  Wish me luck!  I keep praying and hoping this will happen.
just d moment i was lookin at some post which could tell me about a 1st failed ivf and i saw ur post...i had 5 failed iui s...then moved into my 1st ivf which failed...no frozen embies...m moving into a higher sophisticated centre dis time..will do FET with donor eggs/embryos...i have endometriosis which was removed in feb...dis ivf was so good..all d while i was thinkin i was carryin twins...and now its all over..i can sense ur pain...as for S/E of injectibles i dint have any...only dat my periods were very long..for 12 days i was still spotting...m thinkin of startin fresh in jan next year....
Ladies don’t give up keep trusting in GOD and believe that he is going to do it for you. I know it hurts trust me I know but just no it’s not over until God said it’s over keep prayering and keep smiling until your VICTORY is one.... CLAIM IT ... I AM CLAIMIING MINES AND WALKING IN VICTORY LETS DO IT TOGETHER!
Hello. Im glad to have found this site. I found out today that 11 day post 3 day tranfer of 2bs and 1 c IVF cycle failed. It has been a rough day.

I have endometriosis and have been scoped 3x, 1 ectopic pregnancy from clomid IUI among other fertility meds with IUI. I felt like IVF was my last shot so Im devastated. Anyone with similar experiences or advice is  much appreciated. My obgyn feels due to all the meds I was on before IVF I should be scoped again however my fertility specialist doesn't feel need to create more scar tissue etc. Im at a lost?
I just have a failed IVF. This is my third time. I am feeling hopeless. Everyone in my family is disturbed, my husband, his sister, mom-in-law and so on. I am feeling very unworthy. This time the embryo was very good. It was a very good blastocyst. Doctor was very optimistic when he transferred the embryo. My lining was very good. I don't what really went wrong?! I asked this question to my doctor, but he said that sometimes IVF doesn't work out for some people.I am just devastated. I am 33 years old. My husband wants me to go for another try next month, I am scared. I think I will never get pregnant. My in-laws treat me like crap. In addition, my husband says horrible things when he gets angry with me. I wanted to get out of this marriage, but he didn't want to let me go. I feel so obligated and trapped!
hi ,
I just failed 2nd ivf, ( 1st ivf is chemical, 2nd ivf : miscarriage at 7 week and 2 miscarriage last year  naturally) , i will try 3rd ivf next year. I am from Vietnam but i live in USA since 1998. i know Asian  women do ivf get low result than American women. But i don't give up easy . My husband really want a baby. We both are 32 years old. But i so scare for the next ivf. I will go acupuncture and Chinese herb this month. i hope everything go well for me .
hi ,
Well hey guys I am FINALLY back! It's been a few months since I have posted after failing our 1st IVF. I've been trying to cope with things and move forward with my life. My DH and I planned on trying again the 1st of the year (2012) since I needed some time off to get myself and emotions together, but those plans have changed. I am one of the lucky ones where my work has a fertilty program for which they cover IVF. I have been so blessed but now that is coming to an end. My work just informed us today that another company is buying us out as of Jan 2012 and I will lose my coverage. I spent no time calling the doctor and now we are scheduled for our 2nd IVF Nov 2011 before I lose my insurance. I am excited about trying again but even more worried now since I know this will be my FINAL and LAST time giving the chance to have my family. It's so heart breaking to know my chances of trying over and over till it works is over and this is my last chance. We are a average income family who can not afford IVF without my coverage so this is it for us. I am so scared and nervous that I pray to the good lord everyday to make this happen since it is my last chance. I know in my heart I was placed on this earth to be a mother and I just don't understand why things happen the way they do. I am looking for some new Cycle Buddies for next month and would love to have someone to take this journey with me. I wish everyone the best of luck and to the ones who have failed never give up! Everything happens for a reason and never lose your faith! We have to stay positive and just say our prayers. Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to talking to you guys :)
I just found out that my preg test was Neg. it hurst so bad. I'm just so upset and hurt... We have 1 frozen good embro but we dont have the money to do it.... Just crying until I cant cry no more.....
Its Sunday very foggy in London.
Its also very sad day in my house.First ivf failed, I got my pd early morning today. I have a transfer on 09/11//11 and the same day get very ill- it was a horrible cold with cough and temprature. I could not sleep, eat...
It happen the same day transfer has been done- how unlucky that is.
As i was coughing so badly its seems I have lost my babies...
Still not well enough and no pregnant.
I was pregnant last year but lost the baby in 14 week- baby was not well...
I have a great husband and we hoped it will work (are we not all ?)

I want to start next ivf asap but how quickly can we start?
I will talk to my doctor tomorrow but I agree with everyone here - it hurts so much...

I feel very lost today
Hi all,
For our IVF, we have to pay all things by our cash and credit card 25k. After increase double medication (10k) since my wife's body did not create many eggs. Finally, we saw 4 big ones through altr sound. Today is the day to take the eggs out. I being told by doctor that my wife only has 1 egg. Others are no good. My wife even cried at doctor office. Lately, there is another staff called me saying the last egg looks not quite good. He'll gives the sperm to it. There is a chance of 50/50. We've shocked. We ran out of money since we don't make good income. I don't really know how to keep going with this since we ran out of everything and my wife age is 39ys on new year. Don't give up is the best method... but we totally ran out of money to try the next. I don't asking for money, but are there anyway we can ease the situation? Thanks for sharing!

We heard today our first IVF cycle failed. We are heartbroken. I'm 38 with low AMH so the odds were low anyways. We got 8 eggs all fertilised, 4 reached blasto - 2 put back in, 2 frozen. The day of my test I got my period. We were so positive through it all but nothing prepared me for the utter devastation of the BFN. It's too early to even think about what next but I just wanted to thank everyone for posting to this forum - I am not the only one going through this horrible horrible experience.

can you tell me if any insurance is covering ivf ?

I just went throught a second round of IVF and was not successful.  We tried in the Fall of 2010 with one follicle and we just tried again in January/February 2012.  We had three (3) follicles that looked really good.  But found out last weekend that the preg test was negative.  

I am 42 and my husband is 45, we are not sure if we should try one more time.  Found out recently that I work with a nurse that has done IVF and was successful and has two (2) children.  She might be able to assist with all of the injections.

I did have some severe stress this past month (my Mum almost passed away, but seems to be okay now) and found out that I have a peanut allegery so the progesterone capsules that I was using might have caused the problem.

We should have tried this sooner but I thought we had lots of time to have a family.  But when my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008 that is when we realized we were running out of time.  IVF is the only solution.

Going through lots and lots of emotions right now.  
I am sorry. I feel with you and for you. I am getting tested tomorrow on our third ivf. Every pee test has been negative. I am devastated. I am 43 and my husband 45. We met three yrs ago. He is my love. He had to undergo biopsy to get sperm out. Got a blood clot after procedure. They froze 4 vials. I remember how much i cried when i heard he had sperm to freeze. It was just the begining. Now two cycles of IVF with no pregnancy and they tell me egg quality is poor. So i was on SHer protocol for poor responders. They aspirated 14, inoculated 8 and 7 fertilized. 5 great 8cells zygotes transfered on day 3. I am dreading tomorrow. Just had a cry, hate the world session. I feel like i did all the right things in my life. studied hard. Had to put of family to study to help my family. And now I feel like life is punishing me/us for something...i cannnot figure out. Work in a hospital. cannot stand hearing the lullabyes play everytime someone has a baby. Just reminds me of my situation. I am devastated. I suppose very slim hope that tomorrow a blood test would reveal otherwise but those pee tests are pretty good now a days...we have one more vial of sperm. i feel like I age 10 yrs with ea try.

But. I am surrounded by love from family and my soul mate. Who said life was fair right? Marriages fall apart every day. Enduring love is a gift to be treasured. No use in rebelling against things we cannot change. Life is too short. Sounds trite but it is not. I am trying to give myself a pep talk as well as for you. LOL. I hope we can both move beyond this....treasure the love we have, try to make this dream come true but if it can't i hope we can accept it and retreat into the blessings we already have.
hugs
SBBS
I am very sorry about your cycle too. And I wish you luck with any future attempts.
Peace
Reading this forum is a surreal experience.
I read entry after entry of women who have experienced what I experience now. I look at the dates and realize some of them are talking to me from the past. Suddenly I wish I could reach back in time and hug each one. Suddenly I am overcome by ea of their stories. And I wonder where you all are. Are you still here? Can you forgive me for not being here to hear your story? I am so sorry. I wonder if you read this now. I wonder if you have stories of happiness after a success or advice for moving on?  I wonder if may be you just want to forget because it is just too painful. Too tall an order. Clearly I am getting dramatic. I apologize. I am not even a forum goer LOL.

Good night sisters. I wish you all peace..past and present.
Thanks for your words..trying to be strong in God..as always been able..but everytime the negative happens..it seems that I take the wrong turn and the next come back is too far away..43 years old, 2 complete cycles plus 2 FET ...hard to get up...God bless all the desires of our heart in this mother projects
Hello. Are any of you still out there? I was reading this today after failing my 6th fesh attempt at IVF. I am not sure where to turn to - feeling completely lost and like such a failure. Why does it have to be so hard?
Hi There, I know exactly how you feel. Im soo sorry for how your feeling... Its very hard to comprehend rejection, I have just gone through my first IVF cycle (I am 38) and my partner is (41) there is nothing wrong with us at all, all tests said we were both healthy, but we have been trying for 3 years and I have never been pregnant. I am desperate for a baby, to the extent that I get so emotional when I hear or see friends tell me they are pregnant, I am very happy for them but something inside me says 'why not me' I feel rejected. I tested on the 11day past 3 day transfer (should be 14 days) I couldn't wait anyway all along I have felt negative and the test was negative, did i test too early???I know i felt numb this morning when I tested because It hurts so much, the pain is unberable and I had to go to work and put a brave face and smile on, only to find out that day that one of my very close friends whom had IVF back in December and it failed, was 3 months pregnant today naturally, I was happy for her but it felt like a knife twisting inside of me :(    Im not sure financially i can afford this again and its very emotionally draining, ive cried so much today it hurts. its all in gods hands, but i cant take this at the moment and just want to curl up into a ball, sad times, my heart goes out to you, but don't give up your dreams. x
I'm so sorry <3  Life is hard sometimes and not fair! Nothing will help except time and the love and undersanding of your friends and family! I would say keep trying that is a personal choice and IVF is very trying and expensive, but do keep you head up! I've hear of women getting pregnant after 10 IVF's have you thought about or tried donor eggs? Do you take asprin? That is supposed to help with attachment and implantation..? Take care  <3
~Wendy
well i am a woman who us did her 1st  ivf cycle on 4/11/2012 that was day of my embryo transfer and i got a call saying that i was pregnant on 4/18/2012 but my hcg was low and if they don't come up i my miscarry and on 4/20/2012 i got a call saying that my numbers went down and that i am no long pregnant i tired so hard to hold back the tears but i just couldn't and to find out that my 1st ivf cycle has failed has really done something to me.. I must say i am so heartbroken all i do is cry and wonder what went wrong i sometime think that God has let me down. Ireally don't know what to do anymore
Hi! I'm a woman of 37years and had  first IVF in April. It was a failed one :( :( ..... nobody seems to understand the pain I'm going through. To make things worse I have been  blamed for the failed cycle. Icried and cried and cried... felt like ending my life....I am still very depressed. I don't know what to do next...too tired of medicines, visiting doc's office....and listening to people blaming me.......I just want to ask God that "is it a crime to want to be a mother?"
Hi, I have just had a first failed IVF- got the beta results on 16th May- it is very devastating- I am 33 and DH is 42- perfectly normal and healthy and already have a beautiful 5 year old daughter conceived naturally and from the first attempt- i so want to giver her a sibling- I am soo sad and disappointed- everything went well- then why did it fail? What kills me is the uncertainty- not knowing if I will veeyr be rpegnant again or not- this is something I have completely no control over- i cry and i cry- I ams inking into depression.
Hi Sophia,
don´t worry!!! I am 43, I just had my first IVF - failed. It is disapointing, sad, and whatever negative feeling else, but keep your hope!!! Show must go on, don´t give up, so let´s go for next!!! Good Luck. Pau
Hi Ladies,

I am in tears reading all of your stories. Just like mine. I am sad to hear that so many women go through this. I found out today that my fifth IVF didn't work. Had five egg and four fertilized 8,7,6,5 cell at day three.  I am going to Cornell in NYC.  I've done two ivf's with them - September 2011 and July 2012. I also had a laparscopy done after the failed IVF in 2011. I was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis - behind the uterus and on my colon.  But my RE doesn't think its the main issue. After this IVF failed they now think i have implantation issues in the uterus. Arghh. I guess the next step is to do more testing in uterus such as a biopsy and possibly a scraping.  I had a termination when I was 17 and i've never been able to get pregnant but I also never tried until i turned 35. I am now 38 almost 39 and time is ticking.  I had to pay the last two cycles at Cornell out of pocket since i have no more fertility coverage. I am not going to give up on having a biological child. I have at least another year to try.  But it really is extremely hard to deal with.  I'm looking into some remedies and going to acupuncture. Need to boost of my supplements a bit and currently take fertilaid for woman.  

I'm so happy i found this board. Baby dust to all. Thank you for your comfort.

Kath
It hurts.no one can understand what it does to you to have hope taken away. I am in my mid-40s. I am afraid my dream will never come true.My relationship, body and emotions have sufferd but i would risk it all knowingly for it to work out.I hate to admit it but all the kids around and friends who talk of nothing else are making me sad and mad. I feel like half a woman. Disappointment is suffocating me and oddly enough i thought that i was prepared for it- but guess not.
Wow, thanks for that story.  I, too, just had a failed ivf and I feel physically and emotionally awful. I have mild PCOS, but have known so many women wwith PCOS who did not even need fertility treatments.  

And before that, I was dealing with regrets I had in my life.  At least I do not feel that way anymore.  I began to think what the purpose of life is and that is to experience stuff.  Really.  That is all it is.  

But thank you so much for this story.  I feel a little better now.  
This was my first IVF and I am 44 years on as of 9/20. I had 4 embryos fertilized and all 4 transferred because of my age and yet...   I feel like I will never have children and that I am a failure, but the one thing that has helped me is knowing that I am not alone and reading all the stories that offer positive energy.  

I can only affor one more try so I believe I am going to go for it and if that doesn't work, who knows, I may become the next Angeline Jolie and adopt (which was always my plan B).

Good luck everyone and keep posting..
I hope you have achieved what you wished for!  
Will turn 39 in 2 days, first ivf failed yesterday and stared a heavy period with cramps and pain.
Everything is normal so far per nurses and doctors...thus, it really makes me to doubt my luck, faith, health, my gene, personality and life style...heavy guilt is left for me now...I don't deny God's roll here, but i am asking please have mercy on women who failed ivf cycles and hoped to try again...oh my God....please...it's so hurting...
If I could believe the odds of pregnancy per doctors, how come I cannot hear nor believe God's voice on this?
My first IVF failed.  I had fresh donor egg transfer. Private treatment (UK).
Two were transferred.  Beta was 3 on Wed 2nd Jan 2012.  I've stopped the oestrogen and progesterone.  Waiting for bleed to start.  Been told it can take 3-5 days, depending on how long drugs get out of my system.  
Emotionally I've cried a lot, screamed a lot at my husband who screamed back!  There's no aftercare from the medical team. I've had to find all the information on the net.  
My plan is to drink plenty water to flush these synthetic hormones out of my body before they cause me more harm.  They all have a cancer risk.  Then I'm going to wait for a bleed, and then have my uterus and cervix checked to make sure it's not been traumatised by the drugs and transfer technique.  

And i will get some counselling to recover.  I'm not having anymore treatment.  I blame everyone - the donor egg, my husband, the Guys ACU team & Dr & ivf nurses.  The worst clinic team in my experience. Poor communication, lack of empathy and understanding, poor information giving, kept losing my results, and never having any time during consultations even when we were paying for each bloody consultation!!  

I'm getting on with my life. At age 40 I'm not prepared to pump more hormones into my body.  Good luck to everyone else, but I'm off the ivf treadmill.  It's soul destroying.  

After 6 failerd rounds of IUI, I just had my first IVF round. It failed. Just got the news yesterday. I never thought I would be this devastated. Everything was so great, I had great blasts, they retrieved 8 eggs, 5 got fertilized, three implanted and one frozen. I am 40 and have been trying to get pregnant for 8 years. Just can't stop crying right now. Here in the US, each round is $13,000 meds included. How often we will be able to afford this I don't know. Maybe another two times, but then it's definitely over... gosh, just can't stop to crying right now. The joke is: I am originally from Europe, moved here 3 years ago. If we stayed there, we would pay like 2,000 EUR per round and the first two are free...
I hope it works out for all of us. My first ivf failed. I just had 2 frozen embryos transfered and is waiting for my blood test. I have so many abdominal pains. It's so difficult with all tgrse symptoms. I wish we all didn't have to go through this. Good luck everyone x
Yesterday April 1, 2013 I got the news my first ivf was negative ever since I got the news  I have been crying one thing that hurts the most is I work at a childcare center and not sure how it is going to affect me.  
I just had my thiird failed ivf today, been married for 13 years, had 4 ectopic pregnancy and 3 failed ivf. i am truly devastated. had 10 eggs retreived, only two were transfer on day two. my doctor decide to go on vaccation and didn't attend the retreival and the transfer. all my sibling have children, was so sure this would work but i cannot afford it anymore. it is ver expensive here in the USA, waiting on my husband to come home to get the bad news, my birthday was yesterday, turn 41 and today is my niece birthday, she is turning one. have no strengh to go to the party and see my all family. i am so ashamed to be such a failure
Mine came back negative as well today.  I am at work and don't know how to deal with it as I am still cramping and was told to continue the meds and re-test in 2 days time or until my period comes, which ever happens sooner.  My heart is very heavy.
Hello Ria. I totally understand you and feel the same. I had a failed IVF and now I am waiting for the results of the second one. Friends say be positive, but that is just a word. I dont want to think about it and keep myself busy. I dont know, just pray for the best. take care
Had my first round of IVF this month (July). None of our fertilized eggs (8) qualified to be cryopreserved and I did not get pregnant with the two eggs we transferred. Ugh. This is very devastating. Just found this forum and am thankful to everyone sharing their stories. Does the sadness ever go away?! I stopped my Progesterone injections and am about to start birth control again. We meet the doctors in two weeks to discuss the next step. We want to do IVF again, but I can not imagine how upsetting it would be if it failed again. I know I have to do this if I want a child, but the thought of another failure scares me so much!
I just had my 1 st failed IVf too. I am upset and at this point deciding on what to do next. i am not sure if I want to do IVf again right away or just try IUI next month because my job will get so busy during that time and I dont what my body to be stressed out and waste the time and money if I am not in a stable state. It is definitely a tough situation and I am considering canceling my facebook as everyone has pictures of their children on their and I really find it upsetting after attempting this pregnancy. I do know that friends of friends have had to try a few times and it has worked for them. However, needless to say a very emotional rollercoaster. I wish you the best with yours. My mom had the best advice when I spoke to her before she passed...Sometimes you have to give it up to GOD. It is something I tell myself for comfort. I hope it brings comfort to you as well.
Hi guys I am new to this forum. I just tested negative in my 1st beta test,reaaly feeling sad cause I had high hopes.    If I decide to try and conceive naturally after a failed IVF, do I stand a chance of getting pregnant? I am 38yrs old I can't afford a second IVF
Wow to all the listings,it's like looking at our experiences in a mirror. I am 29 and have stage 4 endometriosis with a frozen pelvis.have undergone a laparotomy,2 laparoscopies,4 iui's and as of today 1 failed ivf,all within 4 years.my husband is 32 and his sperm is of super quality.he is extremely supportive,Im stronger when handling the disappointments and together we get each other through.our friends are also excellent stressrelievers.tomorrow we see our doc for a feedback and planning discussion and he will probably suggest GIFT as he assumed beforehand that normal ivf would not work.my husband though said he finds it difficult to see me go for operations.id like a break,but am unsure,cz endo does not take a break.we dont go out much because the comments of colleagues and family are disappointing and of course the finances keep us grounded.some comments include oh you know other people only got kids after 10 years, your case isnt so bad,other people had to get bankloans,you at least dont.you're still young,others arent that lucky and so on and so forth.of all the discussions iv read on the internet this is the one that has run the longest,im definitely signing up.with others you can see its old an not sure if anyone's reading it.
I have had a total of 6 stimulated cycles and 6 Fets and have 1 baby boy after the 4th stim cycle. I have no known issues, my husband has very low count of 1.2 per mil. I understand the pain this causes, I am still going through it for a 2nd child. I know I have 1 beautiful boy which makes it better but the pain is just as bad trying for no.2. I want so much to give him a sibling, he's already 3 so the age gap is getting bigger if we do concieve (conceive) again. Life is so unfair, but then I guess things could be worse...that's what pulls me through.