Failed IVF - heartbreaking and very tearful.
My first IVF didn't work. I actually didn't think that this can be so painful and emontionally wreckless. I just hope that my second time will be more successful. I don't even know what is wrong with me, no freaking explanation from the doctors either.
I actually had a blood test yesterday, which was 14 days after ovulation and was negative. I just want to know why am I still having the symptoms. My period is late (but then again it is the progesterone) and I am feeling very shaky and the abdominal pain and pelvic pain is just overbearring. I am also very light headed right now. What is happening, is this a normal reaction after failed IVF, does anyone knows what is going on with me.
Hi everyone, I am 29 years old and just got the worst phone call of my life!
Just had my first round of IVF and ICSI our problem is male factor, low count and motility. Anyway I had 9 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized but only 1 was able to transfer. Doc told me the embryo was perfect and I was so excited when they called after my first beta saying I was pregnant!
Then went in for my second beta 2 days later and they said my levels did not go up and it may not be viable. This was confirmed today and I have not stopped crying. I feel so bad and my husband is deployed so it makes it that much harder to go through on my own (I moved countries to be with him so have no family here)
Not sure if we can ever afford to try again, and if we could I am so scared of another failure.
It's nice to know that I'm not alone, but so sad that there are so many of us that desperately want a child and it's just so hard!
I'm so sorry to hear that... I know it must be hard for you to go through this alone but we are never alone. God is with us when we need him the most just cry out to him and pray. I pray that you will find comfort with this news. I know it hurt and it seem like you cant get through this but in time you will. I'm sorry I'm here if you need to talk!
Hi everyone, I've been reading some of the posts and I feel for you because i also got the devestating news yesterday 6-24 that my results were negative. I am 26 yrs and my husband and I have been trying for 6 yrs to have a baby. I had three ectopic preg, and this year we decided to to try IVF. When i got the news that the blood work was negative a cried by my self because my husband was asleep (since his shift for this month is overnight). I usually keep things bottled up, but he is more emotional than me. We cried together for a while asking why this keeps happening to us. All i told him was that we have to have faith in god and he will give us our child when he knows we are ready.
I'm sorry for letting all this out, but i feel like my family friends don't know what I'm going through becasue they haven't gone through it. Right now i don't feel like being around people. I don't know if this is normal...
One more thing I haven't gotten my pd, but i have been crapping super bad for this past week.. Oh sorry one more thing, we have decided to try again next summer, we are going to save the money again.
I had negative test 3rd June. I thought I'd got over it but this week I fell apart. Someone mentioned the treatment and all the feelings of emptiness came back. It was my first time and even though you are told that it rarely works first time I fantasised that I'd be the lucky 1. I have 2 frozen but feel so down hearted that I don't think it would be wise 4 me to try until early next year. We have booked a holiday and hopefully I can gain the confidence to try again.  
does anyone know what men should eat in case of low sperm count and mobility?in case of genetic disorders, i doubt anything can be done except testing the embryos before the transfer
Good Morning Ladies, I understand what everyone is going through when they get that phone call and its not what we want to hear. God has a plan for us and he will give us the desire of our heart but we must first seek him in everything we do. Cry out to him express to him how you feel and how you hurt. He hears our hearts and when we hurt he hurt and that’s not what he wants for his children and we ALL our Gods Children. It just wasn’t his time yet. But in his time it will happen for all of us. Just don’t give up and keep trusting, believing and leaning on the Lord.

Hi, I just got bad news today in regards to my first failed IVF.  I had tried IUI twice, then we decided to stop IUI and go full force with the IVF.  Both my hubby and I were very hopeful during the 2WW period, believing I am carrying twins.  It's hard getting the news, however I will do another cycle next month.  During my first IVF I had 12 eggs retrieved, out of the 12 only 8 fertilized, but then only 2 were good for the transfer.  I will do a fresh cycle this coming month.  It's hard, but now that I know what to expect as far as the procedures, it makes it a bit easier and less scary.  However the side effects of the drugs is really annoying.  Wish me luck!  I keep praying and hoping this will happen.
just d moment i was lookin at some post which could tell me about a 1st failed ivf and i saw ur post...i had 5 failed iui s...then moved into my 1st ivf which failed...no frozen embies...m moving into a higher sophisticated centre dis time..will do FET with donor eggs/embryos...i have endometriosis which was removed in feb...dis ivf was so good..all d while i was thinkin i was carryin twins...and now its all over..i can sense ur pain...as for S/E of injectibles i dint have any...only dat my periods were very long..for 12 days i was still spotting...m thinkin of startin fresh in jan next year....
Ladies don’t give up keep trusting in GOD and believe that he is going to do it for you. I know it hurts trust me I know but just no it’s not over until God said it’s over keep prayering and keep smiling until your VICTORY is one.... CLAIM IT ... I AM CLAIMIING MINES AND WALKING IN VICTORY LETS DO IT TOGETHER!
Hello. Im glad to have found this site. I found out today that 11 day post 3 day tranfer of 2bs and 1 c IVF cycle failed. It has been a rough day.

I have endometriosis and have been scoped 3x, 1 ectopic pregnancy from clomid IUI among other fertility meds with IUI. I felt like IVF was my last shot so Im devastated. Anyone with similar experiences or advice is  much appreciated. My obgyn feels due to all the meds I was on before IVF I should be scoped again however my fertility specialist doesn't feel need to create more scar tissue etc. Im at a lost?
I just have a failed IVF. This is my third time. I am feeling hopeless. Everyone in my family is disturbed, my husband, his sister, mom-in-law and so on. I am feeling very unworthy. This time the embryo was very good. It was a very good blastocyst. Doctor was very optimistic when he transferred the embryo. My lining was very good. I don't what really went wrong?! I asked this question to my doctor, but he said that sometimes IVF doesn't work out for some people.I am just devastated. I am 33 years old. My husband wants me to go for another try next month, I am scared. I think I will never get pregnant. My in-laws treat me like crap. In addition, my husband says horrible things when he gets angry with me. I wanted to get out of this marriage, but he didn't want to let me go. I feel so obligated and trapped!
hi ,
I just failed 2nd ivf, ( 1st ivf is chemical, 2nd ivf : miscarriage at 7 week and 2 miscarriage last year  naturally) , i will try 3rd ivf next year. I am from Vietnam but i live in USA since 1998. i know Asian  women do ivf get low result than American women. But i don't give up easy . My husband really want a baby. We both are 32 years old. But i so scare for the next ivf. I will go acupuncture and Chinese herb this month. i hope everything go well for me .
hi ,
Well hey guys I am FINALLY back! It's been a few months since I have posted after failing our 1st IVF. I've been trying to cope with things and move forward with my life. My DH and I planned on trying again the 1st of the year (2012) since I needed some time off to get myself and emotions together, but those plans have changed. I am one of the lucky ones where my work has a fertilty program for which they cover IVF. I have been so blessed but now that is coming to an end. My work just informed us today that another company is buying us out as of Jan 2012 and I will lose my coverage. I spent no time calling the doctor and now we are scheduled for our 2nd IVF Nov 2011 before I lose my insurance. I am excited about trying again but even more worried now since I know this will be my FINAL and LAST time giving the chance to have my family. It's so heart breaking to know my chances of trying over and over till it works is over and this is my last chance. We are a average income family who can not afford IVF without my coverage so this is it for us. I am so scared and nervous that I pray to the good lord everyday to make this happen since it is my last chance. I know in my heart I was placed on this earth to be a mother and I just don't understand why things happen the way they do. I am looking for some new Cycle Buddies for next month and would love to have someone to take this journey with me. I wish everyone the best of luck and to the ones who have failed never give up! Everything happens for a reason and never lose your faith! We have to stay positive and just say our prayers. Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to talking to you guys :)
I just found out that my preg test was Neg. it hurst so bad. I'm just so upset and hurt... We have 1 frozen good embro but we dont have the money to do it.... Just crying until I cant cry no more.....
Its Sunday very foggy in London.
Its also very sad day in my house.First ivf failed, I got my pd early morning today. I have a transfer on 09/11//11 and the same day get very ill- it was a horrible cold with cough and temprature. I could not sleep, eat...
It happen the same day transfer has been done- how unlucky that is.
As i was coughing so badly its seems I have lost my babies...
Still not well enough and no pregnant.
I was pregnant last year but lost the baby in 14 week- baby was not well...
I have a great husband and we hoped it will work (are we not all ?)

I want to start next ivf asap but how quickly can we start?
I will talk to my doctor tomorrow but I agree with everyone here - it hurts so much...

I feel very lost today
Hi all,
For our IVF, we have to pay all things by our cash and credit card 25k. After increase double medication (10k) since my wife's body did not create many eggs. Finally, we saw 4 big ones through altr sound. Today is the day to take the eggs out. I being told by doctor that my wife only has 1 egg. Others are no good. My wife even cried at doctor office. Lately, there is another staff called me saying the last egg looks not quite good. He'll gives the sperm to it. There is a chance of 50/50. We've shocked. We ran out of money since we don't make good income. I don't really know how to keep going with this since we ran out of everything and my wife age is 39ys on new year. Don't give up is the best method... but we totally ran out of money to try the next. I don't asking for money, but are there anyway we can ease the situation? Thanks for sharing!

We heard today our first IVF cycle failed. We are heartbroken. I'm 38 with low AMH so the odds were low anyways. We got 8 eggs all fertilised, 4 reached blasto - 2 put back in, 2 frozen. The day of my test I got my period. We were so positive through it all but nothing prepared me for the utter devastation of the BFN. It's too early to even think about what next but I just wanted to thank everyone for posting to this forum - I am not the only one going through this horrible horrible experience.

can you tell me if any insurance is covering ivf ?

I just went throught a second round of IVF and was not successful.  We tried in the Fall of 2010 with one follicle and we just tried again in January/February 2012.  We had three (3) follicles that looked really good.  But found out last weekend that the preg test was negative.  

I am 42 and my husband is 45, we are not sure if we should try one more time.  Found out recently that I work with a nurse that has done IVF and was successful and has two (2) children.  She might be able to assist with all of the injections.

I did have some severe stress this past month (my Mum almost passed away, but seems to be okay now) and found out that I have a peanut allegery so the progesterone capsules that I was using might have caused the problem.

We should have tried this sooner but I thought we had lots of time to have a family.  But when my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008 that is when we realized we were running out of time.  IVF is the only solution.

Going through lots and lots of emotions right now.  
I am sorry. I feel with you and for you. I am getting tested tomorrow on our third ivf. Every pee test has been negative. I am devastated. I am 43 and my husband 45. We met three yrs ago. He is my love. He had to undergo biopsy to get sperm out. Got a blood clot after procedure. They froze 4 vials. I remember how much i cried when i heard he had sperm to freeze. It was just the begining. Now two cycles of IVF with no pregnancy and they tell me egg quality is poor. So i was on SHer protocol for poor responders. They aspirated 14, inoculated 8 and 7 fertilized. 5 great 8cells zygotes transfered on day 3. I am dreading tomorrow. Just had a cry, hate the world session. I feel like i did all the right things in my life. studied hard. Had to put of family to study to help my family. And now I feel like life is punishing me/us for something...i cannnot figure out. Work in a hospital. cannot stand hearing the lullabyes play everytime someone has a baby. Just reminds me of my situation. I am devastated. I suppose very slim hope that tomorrow a blood test would reveal otherwise but those pee tests are pretty good now a days...we have one more vial of sperm. i feel like I age 10 yrs with ea try.

But. I am surrounded by love from family and my soul mate. Who said life was fair right? Marriages fall apart every day. Enduring love is a gift to be treasured. No use in rebelling against things we cannot change. Life is too short. Sounds trite but it is not. I am trying to give myself a pep talk as well as for you. LOL. I hope we can both move beyond this....treasure the love we have, try to make this dream come true but if it can't i hope we can accept it and retreat into the blessings we already have.
hugs
SBBS
I am very sorry about your cycle too. And I wish you luck with any future attempts.
Peace
Reading this forum is a surreal experience.
I read entry after entry of women who have experienced what I experience now. I look at the dates and realize some of them are talking to me from the past. Suddenly I wish I could reach back in time and hug each one. Suddenly I am overcome by ea of their stories. And I wonder where you all are. Are you still here? Can you forgive me for not being here to hear your story? I am so sorry. I wonder if you read this now. I wonder if you have stories of happiness after a success or advice for moving on?  I wonder if may be you just want to forget because it is just too painful. Too tall an order. Clearly I am getting dramatic. I apologize. I am not even a forum goer LOL.

Good night sisters. I wish you all peace..past and present.
Thanks for your words..trying to be strong in God..as always been able..but everytime the negative happens..it seems that I take the wrong turn and the next come back is too far away..43 years old, 2 complete cycles plus 2 FET ...hard to get up...God bless all the desires of our heart in this mother projects
Hello. Are any of you still out there? I was reading this today after failing my 6th fesh attempt at IVF. I am not sure where to turn to - feeling completely lost and like such a failure. Why does it have to be so hard?
Hi There, I know exactly how you feel. Im soo sorry for how your feeling... Its very hard to comprehend rejection, I have just gone through my first IVF cycle (I am 38) and my partner is (41) there is nothing wrong with us at all, all tests said we were both healthy, but we have been trying for 3 years and I have never been pregnant. I am desperate for a baby, to the extent that I get so emotional when I hear or see friends tell me they are pregnant, I am very happy for them but something inside me says 'why not me' I feel rejected. I tested on the 11day past 3 day transfer (should be 14 days) I couldn't wait anyway all along I have felt negative and the test was negative, did i test too early???I know i felt numb this morning when I tested because It hurts so much, the pain is unberable and I had to go to work and put a brave face and smile on, only to find out that day that one of my very close friends whom had IVF back in December and it failed, was 3 months pregnant today naturally, I was happy for her but it felt like a knife twisting inside of me :(    Im not sure financially i can afford this again and its very emotionally draining, ive cried so much today it hurts. its all in gods hands, but i cant take this at the moment and just want to curl up into a ball, sad times, my heart goes out to you, but don't give up your dreams. x
I'm so sorry <3  Life is hard sometimes and not fair! Nothing will help except time and the love and undersanding of your friends and family! I would say keep trying that is a personal choice and IVF is very trying and expensive, but do keep you head up! I've hear of women getting pregnant after 10 IVF's have you thought about or tried donor eggs? Do you take asprin? That is supposed to help with attachment and implantation..? Take care  <3
~Wendy
well i am a woman who us did her 1st  ivf cycle on 4/11/2012 that was day of my embryo transfer and i got a call saying that i was pregnant on 4/18/2012 but my hcg was low and if they don't come up i my miscarry and on 4/20/2012 i got a call saying that my numbers went down and that i am no long pregnant i tired so hard to hold back the tears but i just couldn't and to find out that my 1st ivf cycle has failed has really done something to me.. I must say i am so heartbroken all i do is cry and wonder what went wrong i sometime think that God has let me down. Ireally don't know what to do anymore
Hi! I'm a woman of 37years and had  first IVF in April. It was a failed one :( :( ..... nobody seems to understand the pain I'm going through. To make things worse I have been  blamed for the failed cycle. Icried and cried and cried... felt like ending my life....I am still very depressed. I don't know what to do next...too tired of medicines, visiting doc's office....and listening to people blaming me.......I just want to ask God that "is it a crime to want to be a mother?"
Hi, I have just had a first failed IVF- got the beta results on 16th May- it is very devastating- I am 33 and DH is 42- perfectly normal and healthy and already have a beautiful 5 year old daughter conceived naturally and from the first attempt- i so want to giver her a sibling- I am soo sad and disappointed- everything went well- then why did it fail? What kills me is the uncertainty- not knowing if I will veeyr be rpegnant again or not- this is something I have completely no control over- i cry and i cry- I ams inking into depression.
Hi Sophia,
don´t worry!!! I am 43, I just had my first IVF - failed. It is disapointing, sad, and whatever negative feeling else, but keep your hope!!! Show must go on, don´t give up, so let´s go for next!!! Good Luck. Pau
Hi Ladies,

I am in tears reading all of your stories. Just like mine. I am sad to hear that so many women go through this. I found out today that my fifth IVF didn't work. Had five egg and four fertilized 8,7,6,5 cell at day three.  I am going to Cornell in NYC.  I've done two ivf's with them - September 2011 and July 2012. I also had a laparscopy done after the failed IVF in 2011. I was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis - behind the uterus and on my colon.  But my RE doesn't think its the main issue. After this IVF failed they now think i have implantation issues in the uterus. Arghh. I guess the next step is to do more testing in uterus such as a biopsy and possibly a scraping.  I had a termination when I was 17 and i've never been able to get pregnant but I also never tried until i turned 35. I am now 38 almost 39 and time is ticking.  I had to pay the last two cycles at Cornell out of pocket since i have no more fertility coverage. I am not going to give up on having a biological child. I have at least another year to try.  But it really is extremely hard to deal with.  I'm looking into some remedies and going to acupuncture. Need to boost of my supplements a bit and currently take fertilaid for woman.  

I'm so happy i found this board. Baby dust to all. Thank you for your comfort.

Kath
It hurts.no one can understand what it does to you to have hope taken away. I am in my mid-40s. I am afraid my dream will never come true.My relationship, body and emotions have sufferd but i would risk it all knowingly for it to work out.I hate to admit it but all the kids around and friends who talk of nothing else are making me sad and mad. I feel like half a woman. Disappointment is suffocating me and oddly enough i thought that i was prepared for it- but guess not.
Wow, thanks for that story.  I, too, just had a failed ivf and I feel physically and emotionally awful. I have mild PCOS, but have known so many women wwith PCOS who did not even need fertility treatments.  

And before that, I was dealing with regrets I had in my life.  At least I do not feel that way anymore.  I began to think what the purpose of life is and that is to experience stuff.  Really.  That is all it is.  

But thank you so much for this story.  I feel a little better now.  
This was my first IVF and I am 44 years on as of 9/20. I had 4 embryos fertilized and all 4 transferred because of my age and yet...   I feel like I will never have children and that I am a failure, but the one thing that has helped me is knowing that I am not alone and reading all the stories that offer positive energy.  

I can only affor one more try so I believe I am going to go for it and if that doesn't work, who knows, I may become the next Angeline Jolie and adopt (which was always my plan B).

Good luck everyone and keep posting..
I hope you have achieved what you wished for!  
Will turn 39 in 2 days, first ivf failed yesterday and stared a heavy period with cramps and pain.
Everything is normal so far per nurses and doctors...thus, it really makes me to doubt my luck, faith, health, my gene, personality and life style...heavy guilt is left for me now...I don't deny God's roll here, but i am asking please have mercy on women who failed ivf cycles and hoped to try again...oh my God....please...it's so hurting...
If I could believe the odds of pregnancy per doctors, how come I cannot hear nor believe God's voice on this?
My first IVF failed.  I had fresh donor egg transfer. Private treatment (UK).
Two were transferred.  Beta was 3 on Wed 2nd Jan 2012.  I've stopped the oestrogen and progesterone.  Waiting for bleed to start.  Been told it can take 3-5 days, depending on how long drugs get out of my system.  
Emotionally I've cried a lot, screamed a lot at my husband who screamed back!  There's no aftercare from the medical team. I've had to find all the information on the net.  
My plan is to drink plenty water to flush these synthetic hormones out of my body before they cause me more harm.  They all have a cancer risk.  Then I'm going to wait for a bleed, and then have my uterus and cervix checked to make sure it's not been traumatised by the drugs and transfer technique.  

And i will get some counselling to recover.  I'm not having anymore treatment.  I blame everyone - the donor egg, my husband, the Guys ACU team & Dr & ivf nurses.  The worst clinic team in my experience. Poor communication, lack of empathy and understanding, poor information giving, kept losing my results, and never having any time during consultations even when we were paying for each bloody consultation!!  

I'm getting on with my life. At age 40 I'm not prepared to pump more hormones into my body.  Good luck to everyone else, but I'm off the ivf treadmill.  It's soul destroying.  

After 6 failerd rounds of IUI, I just had my first IVF round. It failed. Just got the news yesterday. I never thought I would be this devastated. Everything was so great, I had great blasts, they retrieved 8 eggs, 5 got fertilized, three implanted and one frozen. I am 40 and have been trying to get pregnant for 8 years. Just can't stop crying right now. Here in the US, each round is $13,000 meds included. How often we will be able to afford this I don't know. Maybe another two times, but then it's definitely over... gosh, just can't stop to crying right now. The joke is: I am originally from Europe, moved here 3 years ago. If we stayed there, we would pay like 2,000 EUR per round and the first two are free...
I hope it works out for all of us. My first ivf failed. I just had 2 frozen embryos transfered and is waiting for my blood test. I have so many abdominal pains. It's so difficult with all tgrse symptoms. I wish we all didn't have to go through this. Good luck everyone x
Yesterday April 1, 2013 I got the news my first ivf was negative ever since I got the news  I have been crying one thing that hurts the most is I work at a childcare center and not sure how it is going to affect me.  
I just had my thiird failed ivf today, been married for 13 years, had 4 ectopic pregnancy and 3 failed ivf. i am truly devastated. had 10 eggs retreived, only two were transfer on day two. my doctor decide to go on vaccation and didn't attend the retreival and the transfer. all my sibling have children, was so sure this would work but i cannot afford it anymore. it is ver expensive here in the USA, waiting on my husband to come home to get the bad news, my birthday was yesterday, turn 41 and today is my niece birthday, she is turning one. have no strengh to go to the party and see my all family. i am so ashamed to be such a failure
Mine came back negative as well today.  I am at work and don't know how to deal with it as I am still cramping and was told to continue the meds and re-test in 2 days time or until my period comes, which ever happens sooner.  My heart is very heavy.
Hello Ria. I totally understand you and feel the same. I had a failed IVF and now I am waiting for the results of the second one. Friends say be positive, but that is just a word. I dont want to think about it and keep myself busy. I dont know, just pray for the best. take care
Had my first round of IVF this month (July). None of our fertilized eggs (8) qualified to be cryopreserved and I did not get pregnant with the two eggs we transferred. Ugh. This is very devastating. Just found this forum and am thankful to everyone sharing their stories. Does the sadness ever go away?! I stopped my Progesterone injections and am about to start birth control again. We meet the doctors in two weeks to discuss the next step. We want to do IVF again, but I can not imagine how upsetting it would be if it failed again. I know I have to do this if I want a child, but the thought of another failure scares me so much!
I just had my 1 st failed IVf too. I am upset and at this point deciding on what to do next. i am not sure if I want to do IVf again right away or just try IUI next month because my job will get so busy during that time and I dont what my body to be stressed out and waste the time and money if I am not in a stable state. It is definitely a tough situation and I am considering canceling my facebook as everyone has pictures of their children on their and I really find it upsetting after attempting this pregnancy. I do know that friends of friends have had to try a few times and it has worked for them. However, needless to say a very emotional rollercoaster. I wish you the best with yours. My mom had the best advice when I spoke to her before she passed...Sometimes you have to give it up to GOD. It is something I tell myself for comfort. I hope it brings comfort to you as well.
Hi guys I am new to this forum. I just tested negative in my 1st beta test,reaaly feeling sad cause I had high hopes.    If I decide to try and conceive naturally after a failed IVF, do I stand a chance of getting pregnant? I am 38yrs old I can't afford a second IVF
Wow to all the listings,it's like looking at our experiences in a mirror. I am 29 and have stage 4 endometriosis with a frozen pelvis.have undergone a laparotomy,2 laparoscopies,4 iui's and as of today 1 failed ivf,all within 4 years.my husband is 32 and his sperm is of super quality.he is extremely supportive,Im stronger when handling the disappointments and together we get each other through.our friends are also excellent stressrelievers.tomorrow we see our doc for a feedback and planning discussion and he will probably suggest GIFT as he assumed beforehand that normal ivf would not work.my husband though said he finds it difficult to see me go for operations.id like a break,but am unsure,cz endo does not take a break.we dont go out much because the comments of colleagues and family are disappointing and of course the finances keep us grounded.some comments include oh you know other people only got kids after 10 years, your case isnt so bad,other people had to get bankloans,you at least dont.you're still young,others arent that lucky and so on and so forth.of all the discussions iv read on the internet this is the one that has run the longest,im definitely signing up.with others you can see its old an not sure if anyone's reading it.
I have had a total of 6 stimulated cycles and 6 Fets and have 1 baby boy after the 4th stim cycle. I have no known issues, my husband has very low count of 1.2 per mil. I understand the pain this causes, I am still going through it for a 2nd child. I know I have 1 beautiful boy which makes it better but the pain is just as bad trying for no.2. I want so much to give him a sibling, he's already 3 so the age gap is getting bigger if we do concieve again. Life is so unfair, but then I guess things could be worse...that's what pulls me through.