Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Failed Pregnancy after Embryo Transfer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Failed Pregnancy after Embryo Transfer

I had a successful IVF Treatment and multiple eggs were created. More than 10 of those eggs were turned into good embryos. I had 3 of the best embryos transfered to my uterus. I've been taking Estrodial tablets 3 times a day and Progestore shots once a day since retrieval. My HCG level was 13 after 15 days of egg retrieval. Then it went down to 1.7 after 18 days. I'm very devastated now and can't understand why the pregnancy didn't happen after the transfer. Please let me know of possible reason. I've taken 3 days complete bed rest after the transfer. Any help is appreciated.
I'm sorry.  I don't think there is an answer to why it doesn't happen.  Sometimes it just takes two or three tries.  They say even if a egg fertilized every month like when you normally concieve (conceive), that only a small percentage of people get preggo right when they start trying.  You just have to keep trying.  It sounds like something happened b/c your blood work showed some HCG.  Maybe it was not strong enough to survive.  I am getting ready to start my third IVF.  Good luck to you!
Sadly that's life.  I know that doesn't help but at least maybe you can take comfort in knowing that it is normal and not anything you've done wrong or anything wrong with you!  what Ilenda says is very true though... even the average person who isn't doing IVF might become pregnant and never even know it because the feotus simply stops developping very early on.  In fact, a long long time ago I remember reading somewhere that women miscarry on average 10 times in their lifetimes without ever knowing it.  The difference with IVF is that you are aware of the stages and you are testing.  Had this not been IVF you would never have known to test when you did and would never have known.
I actually had a similar scenario to you.  I had 30 eggs with eventually 10 turning into good embryos and the best 3 were transferred.  The rest were kept on to the blastocyst stage and 1 made it and was also transferred.  Waiting for my test result as I type but I did a hpt yesterday and I'm devastated because it was negative and I'm quite certain it's correct!
However, hard as this is for me to say right now because I feel so miserable, we have to keep our chins up and keep trying.  
Painful as it is for you right now, what you've described is not a "big deal" in the grand scheme of things... don't lose hope!
Hey i too  also got 27 eggs and got 13 grade 1 embies. we put back two back got - we did a natural FET in september transfered two again and now im 13.3 wks pg witha singleton. there really is no ryme or reason why it works on the first try for some and not others. dont lose hope. it will happen for you. good luck and try to enjoy the holidays