Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Fallopian tubes removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Fallopian tubes removal

I am due to have both my fallopian tubes removed in the next month, due to an infection and blocked tubes. I wanted to know what may be offered to me in the form of help towards conceiving (i.e. IVF) as obviously i will be unable to conceieve naturally. Also, what happens with my ovaries as far as an egg being released every month, as now there will be no tubes to carry them. thanks for any info that you may be able to give me. helen xxx
Hello!  sorry to hear about what your going through!  the good news is that i do know several people who have concieved no problem with IVF, and i think that some of their insurance or grants covered some of it... you'll have to check with your state and insurance and see if there is anything that can help you out!  Not for sure what happens to the eggs in this situation.. but I have severe endo, and the RE has told me that my eggs if they do get released might not make it to the tube either.. so i guess they just go off into la la land,,, and then disappear.. it won't hurt anything though!  good luck!!! : )
Hi and welcome to the forum.
When tubes are the problems (also in my case) IVF is the only answer.
The good news is that the statistics are very good (50% success on every cycle if you are on a good program),the bad news is that its expensive (12.000 to 15.000$).
I would reccomend to contact immediately a good RE in your region (sometime the waiting list is long)even before doing the procedure.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Hi there. First of all I am sorry for your struggles. I have the exact same thing. I am having my tubes removed on June 2nd.  My husband and I  are in the process of doing IVF and this is one of the steps we have to take in order to have a success hopefully the first time although nothing is promised. As far as your egg goes, I'm not sure as to what will happen.  IVF will most likely be your only option of conceiving but hey-thank god we have this as an option! If you have any other questions I am here. It can be a daunting process but hang in there!!