Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Feedback on Embryo Quality and Success

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Feedback on Embryo Quality and Success

It's very unlike me to share my story, none of our friends or family is aware that we are going through the IVF process.  However, really wanted to get some feedback.

This is our first round of IVF.
Our promblem appears to be low AMH levels.
We had 5 eggs, all fertilized and looked great on day 3.
By day 5 we had 3 blastocyts.  Two looked "top notch" and were graded by the embroyolist as a 3AA and 2AB.
I'm losing it and having a diffiuclt time waiting for our prenancy test.  Just looking for some feedback on quality of embryos and success rates.  

Thanks so much!
I have my 18 month son from a 4BB and 3BB transfer. Your embryos sound good. Good Luck.
the wait absolutely stinks....
are you planning on testing before your blood test?
how many days past transfer are you?
SSBD!
I have tested and it was negative but I expected it to be.  It's still pretty early. 5dpt.
What symptoms are you having?
I was wondering how many days past transfer breasts start to sore.
When was your transfer? Mine was on thursday......My Beta next monday the 17th.
Praying for a BFP!!!
My transfer was on Monday the 3rd and I'm going for my beta on Wednesday the 12th.  I'm praying, meditating, keeping my fingers crossed and yesterday when I was doing the laundry I realized my husband has been carrying a lucky charm around in his pocket!  :)
Hope everything goes well for you on tth 17th.  Is this your first time?
Ahhh! Thank you, Thank you for sharing your info!  I've been reading trying to find and answer to my question but NOTHING!  So thanks so much!  That keeps my hopeful!
Was that your first IVF?
yes it was.We had attempted 6 IUI's but 5 were cancelled due to me having too many follicles.
Those sound like absolutely BEAUTIFUL embryos...I always tell patients its about QUALITY and not quanitity...baby dust to you!!!
Hi there

I had IVF in April and am now 5 weeks pregnant.  I got what I thought were pregnancy symptoms a few days after the transfer, but I was also on crinone (vaginal progesterone gel) that can cause those symptoms.  I stopped taking that last week and lost some of the symptoms which was worrying, but on Saturday (4 1/2 weeks pregnant), I started getting very sore breasts.  So I think this is the first real symptom .. it started about 5 days after my missed period.  But I know that everyone is very different.

The wait is really hard isn't it .. I buckled and did hpt's from 10 dpo 7 dpt which showed positive .. but I know that can be dumb as I know lots of people who got negatives on hpt's up till the day their period was due .. then got a positive BT result.

good luck for monday .. I really hope you get your BFP!!!
That's great news to hear!  Nice to be reassured.  Do you know where I could read any stats on quality and susccess rates?  Or may you have some experiential insight?
Thank you!
Hi, the embryos can be of good quality but the important thing here is the implantation stage.
Nature is not always very competent! After IVF, it’s only about 10%, which means that only 10% of embryos implant successfully to become a baby.

I had 2 failed IVFs in 2008 and 2009.
doctor transferred 4 good quality embryos in 2008...negative
doctor transferred 3 good quality embryos in 2009..negative

wife health: perfect..no problems at all  (except i was 38y/o in 2008) all test done..they all perfect, my own eggs.

husband health: perfect..no problems at all..all test done..they all perfect ( husband is 5 years younger than me)

I bougth the test in both occasions and i did it 8 days after my transfer and they both come out negative so when i when to see my doctor for the blood test i knew i was not pregnant but i still have 10% of hope...at the end were negative and no explanation.

My doctor was an expensive -harvard doctor in midtown manhattan. he didnt even see me after my second failure. but he send me a bill of $15 dollars that i was due..( after expending $ 30,000)... + he charge me $ 30 for the photocopies of my paperwork...............can you believe it?

NOW:

Embryos are graded according to their appearance and rate of cell-division and good quality embryos are those which have 4-8 cells, of equal size, with clear cytoplasm, and with few fragments. These are called Grade A embryos

Pregnancycan be determined by a blood test , which measures the level of the hormone, HCG ( human chorionic gonadotropin) only 10 to 14 days after the transfer. For many patients, these 14 days are often the longest days of their life !

No tub baths or swimming for 48 hours after replacement
No douching or tampons
No intercourse or orgasms until the fetal heartbeat is seen on ultrasound, or the pregnancy test is negative
Do not undertake excessive physical activity such as jogging, aerobics, or tennis
No heavy lifting
You may return to "work" after 24 hours of bed rest (getting up for bathroom and meals only) and one to two days of light activity.

We all need to remember that embryo implantation is a very complex process, which consists of a series of phases in which the embryo has to appose and attach itself to the maternal endometrium and invade into it.

1>) First, the embryo has to undergo further development, till it reaches the blastocyst stage, when it hatches from its shell, known as the zona.

2.)The hatched blastocyst then needs to implant in the endometrium, and the three phases of implantation are known as apposition, adhesion and invasion, and occur during the period of time known as the implantation window.

Its all nature!.... baby dust to all of you

Can you give me your opinion on what 4AA, 4AB and 3BB quality all mean? Those were the grading of the 3 embies that I transferred on 5/18.  I already snuck a HPT and the line is totally dark!! My beta blood is not due to be drawn until June 1st. But I'm just curious what your opinion is on the grading of my embies. My embryologist told me that the 4AA is perfect and the 3BB was average.

Thanks!
I can share with you that I had 2 embies transfered on May 3rd.  4AA & 3AB.  My embyologist told me I couldn't ask for anything better.  She said they were excellent!
I am currently 6 weeks 5 days preganant with twins!!!!!!! I'm hoping you two will recieve a BFP!  Good Luck and Relax!
Thanks for responding. I am hoping for twins! Can't wait until Tuesday, 6/1 for my 1st beta. That will be exactly 14 days since my 6 day transfer.  I've been taking a HPT everyday since Thursday and the line has become progressively darker each time! So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.  Congrats on your pregnancy!
Hi, I was hoping you could explain grading to me. I just had my transfer 5 days ago,we did 3 embryos,my RE words were, I had 1 perfect embie,8 cells,no frags & 2 ok embies,both between 4-6 cells,both fragmented. I have the pictures & the 8 cell does look perfect!! The other two,1 is almost 1/2 frag,the other is 1/4 frag? But he never used A,B,or C grading so I wasnt sure? Oh yeah it was a 3 dt. Anyway what does all this mean?