Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Femara

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Femara

What is your opinion in taking femara to get pregnant? I have taken it for 3 months now. Waiting to see if I will need this months's dose.
I am on month 2 but I wasn't checked on cycle day 21 last month to make sure I ovulated. I'm not sure if I did or not. This month I will be tested. I had few side affects while taking it last month, but post ovulation (if the opk was correct) I cramped a lot 5 days post ovulation and my period cramps were awful too. Anyways I'm taking it days 3-7 and hoping this month it works. I ovulated (again if kit was right) day 11.
Well I have started my fourth month of femara. I haven't really had any side effects with this prescription.
Each woman responds a little differently to these types of medications. Some women respond better to clomid and others to Femara. You should talk to your doctor about checking your 21 day progesterone this cycle. Part of the importance of this is not only to ensure you are ovulating, but the progesterone will indicate if it was a strong ovulation. Higher levels of 21 progesterone can indicate a better chance of pregnancy success. If your progesterone levels are not within the expected range with Femara, even when ovulation occurs, your doctor may want to supplement you with progesterone after ovulation. Progesterone not only helps with ovulation, but also helps to build the uterine lining. If the lining is too thin, it can cause the egg not to implant in the lining or can lead to early miscarraige (miscarriage).
Good Luck!
Hopefully this will be the month, I go on the 4th for a progesterone test.