Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Femara

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Femara

Hello mommies-to-be...AMEN!!!

Has anyone had any success with Femara(sp)? My RE put me on it for 5
days as well as the Menopur injections. I'm used to clomid and heard
this med doesn't affect the uterine lining as much.

The only thing is today after taking my bloodwork, they told me STOP
ALL MEDS because my harmone levels were off? That was a first for
me?? Didn't know what to think? I go back Wednesday for another blood
test.

Happy New Year and BIG BABY BLESSINGS in 2008!!
I've never been on any fertility meds, so unfortunately I can't help you with your Femera question...but I just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year too! Hopefully 2008 will bring us all our little bundles of joy!!!
Hi There, Happy New Year, at least I hope this is the year. I have been trying since 2005. I just finished my 3rd month of Femara. I was on clomid, I got pregnant the 3 month, but ended in miscarraige (miscarriage) in the 12th week. I have had IVF with no success, Ins will cover IUI but not IVF or the meds. I found out I have a blood clotting disorder called Factor V Lieden which is a genetic blood disorder which can cause blood clots deep in the veins. My Endocrainologist put me on the Femara and I have reacted quite well to the meds, much better than clomid. My folicals on day 14 this month were both on the left side and measured 23 and 24. My folicals never got that big on clomid. Due to the blood clotting disorder I am also on blood thinners called Lovenox and also taking progstrone 2'xs a day. I had IUI's done this past Saturday and Sunday. This month after the hcg shot (trigger shot to make the folicals release) I could actually feel them release. Due to the price of the meds which my ins does not cover, I asked to have an ultra sound done to see if I really ovulated and they released. I went yesterday and sure enough they did, and they said I had a large sac of "free fluid" in the utures. They said that was good, so I just have to wait and see if it works. I was not sure I wanted to take Femara due to the fact it was for breast cancer, but at this point I will try anything. Not sure this will help, but just wanted to let you know that there is someone else out there that is taking it. What is the Menopur injections? Also, my lining was much thicker on the Femara than on the clomid. On the Femara you don't have to have the IUI, you can try on your own because the Femara does not kill off the sperm. I had a post coidal test which proved that it didn't. I chose to try both ways. Hope this helps
Hi.  I took femara for 2 cycles.  The first cycle I took femara, avandia, and had a trigger shot.  The second cycle, same meds, but we did IUI, and it worked!  I am 12 weeks pregnant.  This was after taking clomid unsuccessfully for a year.
Thank God a success story, I am just keeping my fingers crossed, Good luck to you..