FERTILITY / INFERTILITY / IVF
COMMUNITY
Fertile & Infertile days -=PLEASE HELP=-
by paok, Feb 26, 2007
Hello everyone,

I'm very confused as far as fertile and infertile days are concerned. I did some research in different sites and all i managed to do was confuse my self more.. Graphs, charts, ovulation periods etc etc

What i would like from someone who really knows what menstruation is all about, is to tell me which period of days before or after the ACTUAL period (when blood starts) are the infertile and which are the fertile days.

For example: I had sexual intercourse with my girl one day just before her period started (this meaning blood started). Is this fertile period?

I just need a guide as SIMPLE as possible without any biological terms about fertile and infertile days.

I also found this graphical explanation that seems quite helpful but i need someone who can explain it. Which day on this graph is the one that period starts? (blood start flowing). Is it day 1 where it is highlighted red and says conception is not possible?? If this is the case.. this means that approximately 10 days prior to the actual period (blood) starting, during the period and 1-2 days after the blood stops it is infertile. Right? Use the days # under it please to tell me which day is the actual day that blood (period) starts and explain me.

http://www.arborita.lt/EN/Tester/Pics/hormonal-level-saliva-corelation-EN.gif

Please help this is very important.

Sorry for using simple and "childish" terminology but i really need to clear this once and for all!

Thank you in advance
Member Comments (10)
by shishka, Feb 26, 2007
Usually 11-15 days after last period. It depends on the cycle length.
by paok, Feb 26, 2007
Sorry friend but this is not helping at all... 11-15 days is what? and what about the graph. If you have knowledge on this matter i would greatly appreciate it if you can explain it in more detail using simple language without any biological terms..

Thank you
by mommaof4ormore, Feb 26, 2007
I will try to explain it as simply as possible. First of all most women have a cycle length of 28-32 days. The cycle is referring to all the days from one period(start of flow) to the next. If a women has a regular 28 day cycle then she should ovulate(release of an egg) around 14 days after the first day of her period. Most women are fertile, meaning there body is physically able to sustain the sperm in there bodies. There are physical signs to look for to know the fertile days. The cervics starts producing more fluid or mucus. It will go from thick and white to clear and egg white like. When it gets to the egg white stage, ovulation is very near. A women can also be fertile for up to 3 days after ovulation. But after ovulation the cervical mucus dries up and getting pregnant will not happen. My dr says to have sex every other day from cycle day 8-20. I hope that this is helpful.
by shishka, Feb 26, 2007
If she gets her period every 28 days.

Example: Period start  02/11/07
         Fertile       02/22/07
         Fertile       02/23/07
         Fertile       02/24/07
         Fertile       02/25/07
         Fertile       02/26/07

Since sperm can servive up to 5 days there is a increased chance to get pregnant in those days. I hope this helps.
by remiestar92, Oct 19, 2008
Ok. I realllly want to have sex with my bf..and im a virgin. My main reason for holding back is because im afraid of getting pregnant. I know about contraceptives (done my research on safe sex...yada yada yada) but what if he doesnt use a condom?! I just want to know when I'll be in the clear and when I wont...so TO SHISHKA...so you're saying wait until 11-15 days after bleeding (sorry for immature terms but i just want to be clear) and then i can have sex and not be worried about getting pregnant?! i just want to be clear because i realllly want to know...thanks in advance
by lmcrt, Oct 19, 2008
No 11-15 days after the start of your period is when you are most fertile. If you are trying not to get pregnant then always use contraceptives also another forum on sex would be a better choice to ask these questions. This forum is for women and men trying to concieve.
by anne118, Feb 09, 2009
i was wonder and really hard for me how could i know my fertility and safe to be sex with my bf..i am very confuse my first day of menstration it was jan 21 so when should i get be safe for having secual inter this next month ...hope somebody can help me.thanks in advance..have a nice day!
by anne118, Feb 09, 2009
to clarify:

my first day of menstration was feb 21 i want to have safe sex with my bf this month please help me how could i know my fertility and unfertile days so i am aware ..hope somebody can help me...thank you!
by anne118, Feb 09, 2009
waah so wrong it was jan 21 not feb 21...ty