Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Fertility Shots?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Fertility Shots?????

Hey Ladies! Ok this question is for one of my friends. She took Clomid for 5 days with no ovulation. Now her doctor is suggesting some fertility injections, that would be given between day four and day eight after cycle ends (don't know the name) (very expensive). Can anyone give us some insight and encouragement. Really wantin to conceive!!!!!!!
I also took fertility shots to conceive after no success with Clomid.  I'm not sure what questions you have, but I will give you my account.  I went to fertility specialist, where I was evaluated to make sure the shots were even an option.  I was put on shots.  There are different brand names. I was follistim. I was given shots starting on day 3 of my cylce.  Every 3rd day, I had to go to the doctor or an ultrasound to see if follicles were ready.  Once they were ready, I was given another shot (not sure of name) that actually caused ovulation to occur.  The doctors would tell me exact time of ovulation.  There was no guessing.  The good news is I have 2 beautiful chidren - ages 3 & 7.  It is an expensive treatment, but I was lucky.  The insurance picked up parts of the bill.  I had to buy medicine, but ultrasounds and dr. visits were covered.  Be careful, and make sure dr. regulates shots.  There is a chance of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome if ovaries are stimulated too much.  Good Luck!  I count my blessings every day.
Thank You sooooooo Much!!!