Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
First IVF and grade two egg and transfer.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi everyone. No one answered my question. Please if anyone had transfer of egg that is stage 2 let me know. Out of four eggs two fertilised but today, on a second day from aspiration one egg had not developed further but the one egg that is left is stage 2. I am not sure what this means. I am to have transfer on day five but now I am scared that my egg is not doing well and it wont make it for transfer day. Is there any of you girls that can share some insight, please!
I am not sure what stage 2 means.  I am guessing it went to the blast stage which is why you are doing a day 5 transfer.  That is a VERY good sign.  Good luck!
Thanks Helen but lab person did not sound like it is that good. Perhaps grading is different in different countries. I think it is grade 2 and not stage 2 but I will hear tomorrow if my egg has progressed further but I am so anxious. I was hoping someone had the same experience and can help me understand.
I see that you got pregnant in your first IVF. It is amazing and such positive expererience.  How are you feeling?
I only had grade 2 embryos so the best grade is not necessary.
good luck hope it goes well xx
Hi Helen and Hannah, thanks for your response. I am feeling so anxious. I heard this morning that my one embryon is grade 2 and has divided to 4 cells. Apparently they expect on day three division to six or eight cells so my embryon is slow which means not so good quality. Now they will place it in incubator for the next 48 hours and I will only know on Tuesday at 9 am if my egg has divided futher and if I will have transfer on Tuesday afternoon. This is crazy. I  am struggling to sleep because I am so anxious and every morning I am in a state waiting till 9 am to hear from the IVF Lab. God...I so hope my embryon will survive and continue to grow but even if they do transfer on Tuesday I imagine my chances of pregnancy are much lower with embryon that is not such a good quality. Do you know of anyone that did get pregnant with lower garde embryos?
There are a lot of babies coming from lower grade embryos and on the contrary no pregnancy from perfetc looking embryos, I'm a living proof of the second one :-(
Do not loose hope and keep us posted!
Miky
Hi all. Thanks so much for your support. Miky I looked at your story but there is no journal or story. Please tell me what happened to you. Are you pregnant? It sounds like you had low grade embyos and it still did work?
Hi!
I had for both my IVF perfect embryos grade A blast first time and grade A 3 day the second time.Both time it did not work.
The same day I did my second trasnfer there was a woman who was desperate since her embryos looked bad and fragmented.
She got pregnant with twins.
Thats why I feel confident that you do not have to give up.
Good luck!
I had a day 3 transfer and all of my embryos were behind in development and fragmented.  One managed to make it.
Best of luck to you!!
Hi Helen, that is encouraging. Thanks for that. I did not sleep well last night and I still have the whooole day and night until IVF Lab phones on Tuesday at 9 am to let me know if my embrio is ok for transfer. It seems that they are more particular about the quality of embryos when they are doing transfer on day five - blastocyst stage. I am not sure why is that. From what Lab technician said it did not sound that I would have option of transfer if embryo did not divide further to six cells.
Thanks for that. It is so strange... it seems that sometimes sucess happens when according to rules there is no chance for it.
Are you starting your 3rd IVF? Lots of luck and I hope that this time it is your turn to get the good news.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers