Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
First Ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

First Ultrasound

We just had our first ultrasound.  We had a 5 day transfer of 2 wonderful blasts on 10-16.  2 weeks later our beta numbers were super at 233 and 2 days later at 633.  After many miscarriages we where looking forward to hearing our little angel(s) heart today.  We are technically 6 weeks 1 day today and there was one baby.  This little darling's fetal pole measure 3mm and my doc hoped for 5.  The heart rate was only at 70bpm and everything measured at 5w4d.  How concerned should I be?
Hello - I just had my first ultrasound - I'm 5 weeks 4 days but they measured me at 5 weeks and 1 day - I was really worried, but the doctor did not seem concerned at all......
I think it's a very good sign for you that there was already a heartbeat - I was told to expect a heartbeat only in another two weeks!  
Good luck to you - this time is really stressful as we just want our babies to be ok and grow well, but try not to worry - it's really early and it's great you picked up a heartbeat!  Also from what I understand the heart rate starts off very slow -so i think that's normal.  
There's another medhelp forum    http://www.medhelp.org/forums/July-2011-Babies/show/974    where just pregnant women are discussing their first ultrasounds :)
Thank you so much for the info.  I will say a pray for you and your little bean right now.  I hope that all goes well with your pregnancy and congrats.
Thank you - i'll be saying a prayer for your little bean as well :)  I hope this is the magic one for both of us xx  
I think at this point you just need to hope that at the next ultrasound everything will be fine.
You need more than one ultrasound to see what is going on. Right.
It happened to me and my doc told me that sometimes the heart beat go back to 100 or above. I will just hope for the best now.
good luck
Praise Jesus.  Baby is on track.  The little darling measured exactly 7W1D which is consistant with where we are and the heart was a beautiful 127 BPM.  Thank you for all the prayers.
That's wonderful news!!!   I'm so glad glad for you!!   I am 6 weeks and 6 days today and have my ultrasound this afternoon!!!!!   Very nervous - hopefully ours is back on track as well....  I'll let you know how it goes :)
tsambeau: that is a great news. I'm very happy for you.

Tcr21: good luck for today :)