First Ultrasound
Hi just got back from my first ultrasound
The nurse seems to think everything is ok
We were able to see the pregnancy sack and as the called it a bright spot which is apparently is the embryo
We originally thought I was 6months 5 days but at the ultrasound the size of the sac suggests I am 5 weeks and 5 days
I am a little confused because I did IVF and assumed they would have gotten how far along I was right
they were unable to see the heartbeat they say because it is too early so I have to go back in a week
i feel a little more relieved but now am worried
has this ever happened to anyone before
thanks for soothing my fears
I just do not understand how they can be off when it is IVF
I am staying positive though because they did see the sac and as she put it a bright spot which is the embryo
Did you originally think 6 weeks or 6 months like you wrote?  Going from 6 months to just 5 weeks is a lot of difference.  I'm glad that everything is okay with baby though.
First of all, breathe... From experience, I know that this is a crazy, exciting, and nervous time... I, too, was weirded out that the ultrasound said one date, when I KNEW the date of IVF.  Here is the thing, your little munchkin is super small right now... It is very hard to get an accurate measurement because a smidgen of movement of the rollerball or mouse on the machine will change the date by a few days, even a week.  As your miracle grows, the measurement will become more accurate; however, keep my true story in mind...  My Dr. did extra ultrasounds because she thought I was measuring (from the outside) very large.  Well, on July 17th the ultrasound measured my baby to be 9lbs 4 oz.  My Dr. thought it best to induce so that my baby wouldn't get super huge (she was worried about having to do a c-section due to the baby's size).  So, on July 20th, at 38 weeks exactly (I know because I did IVF) I was induced and had a beautiful, healthy baby girl... Here is the kicker... She weighed 7lbs 3 oz.   What happened that made her drop 2 lbs in 3 days?!?!  
How are your progesterone shots going?  I remember those times... I remember counting down the weeks to the end of trimesters and all the "goals" to hit... It seemed like 40 weeks was forever... and now she is 8 months old, and I think, where did the time go?
You are in my prayers!
Awe good...I am glad it went good :)
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well.  Try not to worry about all the other stuff.  I know it's hard, though.  If you are 5 weeks, 5 days then that could be too early to see the heartbeat.  I'm 6 weeks, 3 days and they did see a heartbeat so maybe when you hit 6 weeks, you'll see it too.
Sorry yes that was I typo I meant to say 6weeks not 6 months
Happend to me.  Couldn't see HB at 6w1d, but they saw it at 7w1d.   The did however, see the yolk and gestational sac around 5w3d.  

So them having you come back to check for HB is not unusual.

With regard to dating the baby, you gotta realize the measurements they are dealing in are centimeters and/or millimeters.  So they could be off a little bit. Or your baby is just a little bit small.  

Keep in mind, that depending on the ultrasound equipment, the Dr. may or may not be able to see the heartbeat... My Dr.s ultrasound machine was real ****... She sent me to the hospital to have ultrasounds done...   Yea, and I should have mentioned before, that my ultrasounds first registered my baby to be a week behind in size, until about 8 weeks along, then she measured right... or bigger...

I used to think that as soon as I got past the first trimester, then I would breathe... Nope
I then thought that as soon as I got past 24 weeks, then I would breathe... Nope
I then thought that as soon as I heard her cry, then I would breathe... Nope
I am hoping that when she is 18, maybe I will breathe... But I am thinking... Nope :o)