Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
First time IVF - symptoms (or rather lack of)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hello all.... I have been a reader on here for the last few days, but decided to sign up and post a question.  I have received so much relief in reading all the various posts as this is such an emotional time!  It helps to have support from others going through it.  Thankfully my husband is amazing, but he can't exactly help with the symptom piece :)

So here is my situation... we had a day 5 transfer of two embryos on 12/3.  (I had 19 eggs, 8 fertilized, two transferred and one is frozen).  I am going in for my blood test on Thursday.  I started off having some abdominal cramping and very sore breasts, but as the days have gone on I feel less of the symptoms.  Is this normal?  Has anyone with a positive result had similar symptoms?  Trying not to read into it, but I feel like the closer I'm getting to knowing, the HARDER this is getting!  I suppose that is normal.

Thanks for the feedback.  
Im in the same boat as you.  11 dp3dt and the symptoms have gradually gone away.  Going in for the test tomorrow so will post results
Firsr off, welcome to our site!!!   You will find tons of support here : )

Well,I can tell you I had absolutely zero symptoms during my 2ww, I kept telling everyone that if I didn't watch the re put in the embryos, I would swear he had forgotten.  I am happy to report, I now have 20 week old g/b twins :).

********Sending baby dust to both of you!!!!!! ********
I've been thru 4 fresh ivf cycles and they have all been different. The time I had every symptom in the book and so sure I was pregnant was the time it didn't work. The two I had that ended in miscarriages I had very little symptoms like hot flashes and I felt like I was getting the flu. This last one ended in a chemical pregnancy and I did have more pronounced symptoms. There is no real way to judge by the symptoms you are or are not having. The estrogen and progesterone can cause pregnancy like symptoms too. Thursday will be here very soon! Good luck to you!
Ginger
WOW, good luck to you tomorrow!  I will say a prayer for a positive :)  Please keep us posted!
Thank you so much for the feedback.  I would love to have g/b twins!  That's wonderful news, very happy for you.  This wait is just right around the corner, but the closer it gets the slower the days go it seems.  I know it is just our anticipation for results.  We are hopeful, but realistic as well.  Cautiously optimistic I keep saying...

And, thank you for your feedback too Ginger.  Sorry to hear about your previous struggles and miscarriages.  I have read the progesterone could mimic pregnancy symptoms so maybe it is just that??  We'll know soon enough I guess...

Thanks ladies!  
I thought this time, was a fail, and it was the progesterone causing me to feel sick. My husband and I were in shock when we got the phone call that I was pregnant. We were on our way to get our new dog, who was suppose to help get me thru the negative news. Now she is our good news dog.

Hoping that you've gotten a bfp.
At is awesome :). Did you name the dog lucky??  How many did you transfer??
Nope, she was already had name when we got her from the spca- her name is Ginger. It is actually a very funny story, we were hoping to get this other dog, that had been turned over by its family and the family resolved there situation and wanted him back, they ended up getting him back.

When they called to tell us, they offered us a puppy. The day I planned on calling them back and giving them a tentative yes to the puppy, with the idea that if an older dog came in that might be a good fit to keep us in mind, they called to tell me about Ginger. We went to meet her and we like her and so did our dog, I felt so guilty leaving her there until Saturday, but it turned out to be one of my best days ever.
we only transfer 1 blast. My number are good, first beta 390 second one 1500. When I talked to the nurse I thought it was about 1000, but talked to the doctor today and found out it was a lot more.
Whoa :). Strong numbers!!  How many days after transfer did you test?  Well, you can call your puppy ginger lucky :). When us your u/s??
I didn't do an hpt, just waited for my beta test with dr's office. On our second failed ivf, I tested with an hpt, and sat in the office crying waiting to be called for the blood draw, so this time, I decided I would not test early. So my blood test was 10 days after our 5 day transfer. I should find out tomorrow, if/when I will get an ultra sound, I go back for another beta tomorrow morning. I'm worried, about it, but hopeful, that all is going well.
Well, my beta was 296 11 days after a 5 day transfer and 539 13 days after, so again...fantastic numbers!!!   I am excited for your u/s!!!!  Please let me know!!!!!!!