Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Follicle size

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Follicle size

I have had 2 failed IUI's. My doc doubled my dose of Letrozole this month to 5mg days 3-7. Went in on day 10 and had 3 growing follicles, 10mm, 11mm, and 13mm. On day 12 went back in 2 days later and had only 2 follicles and the biggest was only 14mm, so it only grew 1mm in 2 days. Went in for 3rd sono hoping for at least 18-20mm after it being 4 days since last sono, but still only had 2 follicles that were 13mm and 15mm. So my bigger follicle had not grown but 1mm in 4 days and the other smaller one looked like it had some fluid accumulating around it. They think that the fluid and decrease in size could be from the release of the egg. But I am frustrated because it would have been too small to be a mature egg and also because my follicles were not growing past 14mm when the past 2 times before the IUI I had about a 22mm follicle. I am worried that I did not ovulate and the 2 follicle still might be growing and I will miss the point to do the HCG injection and 3rd IUI because my doc thinks I already ovulated and we missed the chance. I have also been cramping some the past 2 days and having a hint of redish-pinkish discharge. I had high hopes for doubling the dose of meds this cycle and the fact that I actually had more than one growing follicle starting early this time when the 2 past attempts I have only had one. Can anyone answer any of these questions to where they make sense??
Tags: follicles