Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Follicles started growing after ovulation. How does this happpen???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Follicles started growing after ovulation. How does this happpen???

A little background on me.  Start infertility treatments about 1.5 years ago.  Was told I am a poor responder to meds.  This last IVF cycle, my antral follicle count ws 11 (6 on right 5 on left) RE had me take the highest doses possible and only had 4 follies on right and 1 follie on left start developing on the 1st u/s.  3rd u/s showed 2 follies taking off on right, 2 lagging behind and the 1 on the left died off.  I decided to change to an IUI since i only had 2 big follies.  Well after HCG shot and IUI, I started having bad pains on right side the day after the IUI.  6 days later the pain was still there, so RE had me come in for u/s.  Right side showed a nice size corpus leteum and some fluid, indicating I actually ovulated. Very exciting!!  But when he looked at the left ovary, I had 4 developing follies!!! WTH!  He didn't measure them, but they looked to be about 12-14mm.  How does this happen. During stims only 1 grew and never got over 10mm.  How did these 4 stat getting bigger??  Has anyone else had this happen to them.  RE seemed surprised by this too.  Please help!!