Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Follistim Injectables?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Follistim Injectables?!

Okay guys I'm back after about 5 months. I have done three rounds on clomid and three rounds on femara with no luck and were running out of options. I have endo, PCOS and i'm 22.! I'm tired of let downs so me, dh and RE decided to try injectables. I have been on BCP for over a month, day 5 on lupron and I start 35u Follistim on Sept. 2nd. Can anyone tell me what to expect, or if they have or are going thru the same thing. I have read where some women are doing follistim but much higher than 35U, Is this to low of a dose and can he increase it during the cycle? I was informed that mulitples are a much higher risk with this medication than with clomid or femara and at any point the cycle could be cancled if I produce to many eggs! This is alot different than just taking a few pills a day! Thank in advance for any help..
I also used clomid & femara, did not work!! Tried Gonal F injections this month as we would have done AI but got cancelled due to low estrogen levels.

good luck
I did femara with follistim(50) and it worked.  Have a 6 month old baby girl.
how much of the folistim were yall talking?
I did Follistim as well (30U)....never did Clomid. I produced 26 eggs with my cycle, and I think that was kind of high for my age (38), but there were no issues with the meds and I came up positive 7 weeks ago, so fingers crossed that this one sticks...I too was concerned I would overstimulate and have to cancel, but I just trusted that the RE knew what he was doing :) I didn't have any weird side effect issues with the meds...I just found shoving that awkward pen contraption into my stomach was kind of annoying...not sure why they need to do it that way...the Lupron was way easier. Good luck!