Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Foods that effect implantation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Foods that effect implantation

Hello group.
Today im 9dp3dt for my 4th IVF attempt. The wait has been a constant itch like I'm sure all of u can relate to. Good luck to everyone out there trying to start a family!
I had been trying to boost my chances of implantation with careful diet considerations. I added milk, water, fruits, nuts, etc. And cut off some some stuff that I am adicted to (tea!!!) in an attempt to improve my odds this time. I was on the net today and read somewhere that black tea actually INCREASES ur chances of getting pregnant (http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/blog/how-to-avoid-infertility-and-enjoy-healthy-pregnancy/) But this goes against the "caffien is bad for the pregnancy" rule. Does anyone have any input?
Also, I had read that cumin is real good to imrove fertility and circulation at the uterus. I had read about fertility foods prepared with cumin. I have been taking cumin daily with my breakfast. But I'm now afraid that I could be doing myself more harm than good. Does anyone know anything about the effect of cumin during our 2ww? Any help u could offer would be greatly appreciated.
God bless all u brave ladies out there trying so hard to make ur dream a reality.

H
Tags: tea, Cumin
Please feel free to add any other info you discovered about foods that help or hinder efforts to get pregnant. Let's all help each other out with what we discovered.
Good luck and baby dust to all......
Hi, i ate alot of pineapple and pineapple juice, also yams are good. Fresh fruit and vege are the best, snack on nuts and try to avoid junk food, also gave up my coffee, and grean tea as it has reverse effects to my folic acid supplement. Drinking Rooibos tea with no sugar and no milk.. water is very good as well, 8 glasses a day.

My 2nd IVF worked out, I m Postive...waiting to see my scan soon. Hang in and also Google fertilty foods during IVF on the Internet, its helps

Lots of love
Meegi
First of all CONGRATS on ur bfp. You must be so excited! I pray that u are blessed with a healthy happy baby who is welcomed into a home full of love.
I read about the pineapples. It's the  Bomlain enzyme in the pineapples that supposed to do it. But now that ur pregnant plz be careful with pineapples cuz too much can actually lead to uterine contractions and miscarriage.
http://www.ivfplus40.com/2008/09/pineapple-and-grape-juice.html

I'm taking about half a cup to one cup of fresh walnuts daily and I know that all nuts, ESP walnuts, help during the 2ww.

And ur right about the yams too. I read that in Nigeria Yams comprise the majority of their diet and that's the country with the highest rate of fraternal twins. They think yams might be the cause, being a super fertility food. I've never tried them and I wouldn't know what to do with them though....lol.

Again Congrats on the bfp. How many did u transfer? And on what day post fertilization? I hope u get great news on ur scan day!

Lots of sticky baby dust....
H

Hi there.  I have read that a high protein diet is good during the 2ww for implantation.  Lots of veggies and water.  And of course dont forget your vitamins:)
When do you test? My beta is on Nov.1 and I hope I don't drive myself crazy in anticipation.
Best of luck to u this cycle:)
SSBD
Dear Esmie,
Thanks for your reply. I agree about the proteins. I have such a bad diet usually so it's effort to try to get my fruits and veggies in. And I don't usually drink milk, but I'm forcing it down like medicine. I know I sound like a whiney little 5 year old. Oh God do I WANT a whiney little 5 year old !!!!! Loool.
I see that we have been both married for around 10 years with no children. But I'm 34 now. I hope this time next year we are both discussing what food to give our children.... not us during implantation.
I test on Oct 30th...... If I can wait that long! I'm already going nuts.
I wish u the best of luck this time, may it open the door to ur mommy-dreams.
xoxo
H
Hoping to get pregnant soon. I just went to the doctor after another 6 months of trying. He said that oddly enough my eczema medication may be preventing me from getting pregnant. Apparently when it absorbs into the skin it releases something into my system that acts as a birth control! I am now trying a natural remedy for my eczema ( http://www.***********.com ). Hope this helps!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers