Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
For all who having bleeding and clotting problems ANYONE EVER TRIED THI...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

For all who having bleeding and clotting problems ANYONE EVER TRIED THIS ANTIBIOTICS??

I talked with my doctor and they priscribed (prescribed) me with some aygestin (which is used to stop a heavy cycle ad also preperation for IVF)  this medicine worked immediatly....This was my first AF after my myomectomy and d&c surgery (laprascopic surgery)  I go for my next pre-op on next week for my next surgery which will be taking out one LAST fibroid and one last D&C so maybe end of December or the New Year I can start BD and TTC!!!!!!!   (anyone ever taken this antibiotics AYGESTIN??
I've never taken it, but just wanted to wish you best of luck with your upcoming surgery! Hopefully you'll get your BFP soon once the last fibroid has been taken care of ;-)
thanks I needed that!!!!!
I have taken aygestin before.I did not think it was an antobiotic.I was told it was a form of progestin but it will cause you not to have a period till about 2-5 days after you take the last pill.
Im not good with all the med terms loloolol but yea it is a type of progestin because the Dr said it was like birthcontrol.  My period stopped completely yesterday and I started taking it on Tuesday yeaaaaaa but I go for my pre-opt on Wed and dont know if the Dr will take me off of them before surgery on Friday........How wuz ur next period when u stop taking thim??? If I may ask why did you have to take them???
the period after the agysten was like always heavy!! He gave it to me for a cyst on my ovary.
OMG  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   I am so hating AF!!
I so hate AF also ! Just remember that different things effect people different ways so maybe it will help you .Good Luck with the surgery!!
I had twins 8 mths ago and have pretty much been bleeding since then . I have only stopped bleeding a day or two here and there!!  My doctor prescribed agysten to regulate my periods, I've only taken 2 pills so far.  Just wondering what to expect,  more bleeding for a while or less???  Any info you could pass along to me is greatly appreciated!!