Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Frozen Embryos

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Frozen Embryos

Does anyone know if you freeze embryos and the IVF works, can we allow other people to use the fertilized eggs?  My husband believes that once the egg is fertilized that is when a person gets their soul.  Does anyone else have these concerns or discussions with their dh?  I am so confused.
I know at my clinic, they do allow you to donate eggs and sperm, but I'm not sure about the fertilized egg.  Also, the husband and wife have to sign consents and it has to be witnessed in order to do so.  I don't know if this has helped or not, but that's all I know.  Good Luck!!
Yes, you can donate your fertilized egg to another couple or to research.  It is something that you need to decide when completing the paperwork.  Typically, it is on there with What do you want to do with the frozen embryos if one or both partners dies or if there is a divorce.