Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
GERITOL vitamins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

GERITOL vitamins

Hi ladies,
I would like to continue the discussion about Geritol and how many women got pregnant after taking these vitamins...Although the official website sais that it is only a rumor and that Geritol doesn't increase fertility but I have read so much about women who were TTC for years and then got pregnant in a month or two after taking Geritol...

Im taking prenatal vitamins now but nothing has changed..Im wondering if I should switch to Geritol?
Does anyone have any ideas about this?
Thanks!
Tags: geritol
I am going to start taking these tomorrow - along with folic acid.  I don't know if there is enough in the geritol.  I also bought muscinex and I'm going to start that the week I should be ovulating.  

I am also on clomid 100mg CD 5 - 9 and have been ttc for just over 2 years!  I hope that this works - but from what I've read it can't hurt.  Everyone needs vitamins!
By the way - I knew this was an old post.  But...I still wanted to chat about it.  Anyone had success with Geritol or Mucinex?
I just did a bunch of research on Geritol the other day and here is my take on the whole thing.  It appears to be an old wives tale.  I think that "back then" they didn't have or know about taking pre-natals while TTC'ing.  Since Geritol is an "uber" vitamin I think it's pretty much the same as taking pre-natals.  I would be interested in hearing success stories about it and if it was with the pills or liquid.

texasangel - I agree!  Everybody needs vitamins.  I wish I knew exactly what was in my Rx pre-natals so I could compare it with the list of ingredients in Geritol.  I don't think the Geritol has enough Folic Acid either.  I talked with my dr and pharmacist and they both said that what ever Folic Acid you don't need will just get peed out and it's really hard to OD on it, like some vitamin supplements.

I'm taking a pre-natal, extra Folic Acid and have DH on a whole list of vitamins.  I'll be doing Femara this cycle and trying the Robitussen as well.
Call me old fashioned but I think unless you need help becoming pg with meds prescirbed by your dr or told to take by your dr nothing is more!
ArmyPrincess -

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying...

Texasangel- What I'm saying is unless your Obgyn has prescribed you something to help get you pg I personally wouldn't take it. I'm calling myself old fashioned because all I did to get pg with my pgs was just bdd. Some women I know very well research different methods of trying to conceive on the internet and get their dr's approval. In my own personal opinion I don't think everything is as safe as it claims to be, Like folic acid every women says it is great well in fact too much is harmful to the fetus and can induce a miscarriage too many vitamins can interfere with becoming pg. So that is why I choose not to have anything in my body when ttc. I hope you understand what I'm saying now. If you have any more questions let me know!
AP
I started taking Geritol and folic acid and a month later I was pregnant. It's funny because I was taking birth control also so I think it plays apart in how potent you are for sure
Oh btw it was the pill form
Well I am a here to tell you ladies, Geritol is truly a baby in a bottle. I thought I was unable to have kids but after taking geritol for 2 month I was pregnant with my daughter. I tell anyone that will listen that if you want a baby and think you are in infertile, take Geritol for a few months.
ok. I know this is pretty old but I've had 2 tubal pg's. What would geritol do for me? I've never heard anything about the mucinex stuff & all that other stuff. I was told to take this herb called false unicorn. I researched it & it sounds pretty good but I just dont know what to do. We've been ttc for almost 6yrs.
well i have been told by several several ppl that taking this and u would get preg. my hubby is out of town till dec and i started taking this a month ago. so by dec i would have taken this 2 months so i will tell you guys b/c we had been tryin for 3 years.
also the mucinex.. my best friend went to the doc and he perscribed her mucinex to help her get preg. dont know didn't try that.. but u can get it at the dollar store lol
This is so true.during the 80's I was told the quickest way was by
Taking Geratol.I took the liquid.don't believe the pills were out the .I used Geratol with my
Oldest daughter.She is 28 today.So I know for
A fact whatever it has in it , it does fertilize a woman
To have a baby.This is so true.
Does anyone know if you can take geritol and prenatal vitamins at the same time???
ArmyPrincess I feel that your comment is insensitive to many of the posters that's TTC.  Don't you think if what their physician would've offered the best solution they would already be pregnant?   Unfortunately, most insurance doesn't cover appointments nor treatments to conceive.  Therefore I see no harm in having a discussion with other women on what worked for them.  All of us aren't like you and can conceive on just "Drs. orders".  Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it works for the rest of us!  BABY DUST to all the women who are trying to conceive using different methods, other than what some clinical provider advised!
Hello ladies, I also have done a ton of research on Geritol. I have read a lot of stories, most being success stories and a few that say it just didn't work for them but nothing bad to the point where I wouldn't take it. I have 2 children from a previous relationship that I had no trouble conceiving at all. This is cycle 6 of ttc for me and my fiancé and still nothing. I started taking Geritol complete a couple days after cycle day 1 and have taken it everyday since, I am currently 2 days from AF and hoping and praying mine will be a success story of Geritol complete!! I will keep you hopeful posters posted on how mine turns out first cycle on Geritol. Baby dust to all!!