Ganirelix side effects?
Hi everyone I am new here and thought you all could help me out with a concer.  I have had 1 filed IUI and was scheduled for another IUI this month.  However, after my follistum injections, the Dr converted me to an IVF cycle.  To make a long story short, I had to cancel the IVF due to a death in the family and some scheduling issues.  So, I took three days of Ganirelix shots, which ended on Friday.  Beginning yesterday I am having some bleeding.   called the Dr yesterday, the PA said that was not a side effect and I may possibly have a bleeding ulcer or hemroids (sp.).  I don't think it's either becuase I have no other discomfort.  

So, has anyone had this side effect?  Could my next cycle have already begun?  I am not sure how concerned I should be.

i'm sorry to hear about your difficulties and the death in your family.
i'm also not clear about your post... if i'm understanding you correctly, you finished your follistim and then started ganirelix for 3 days.  you also did not take hcg.  essentially you stopped short of the procedure and did not finish.  if this is correct, i don't see how you should have any side effect to the meds.  after retrieval your period is suppose to start in around 2-weeks.  it sounds like you are early if this is your period.

to be safe... i would go back to your doctor and see what is going on and make sure that what the PA is telling you is negative.  not feeling other discomfort is not a sign that nothing is going wrong inside you.  but bleeding (i don't know how your body behaves... ie period and how you react to the meds) is something to check into.

good luck... and hoping you get back the ttc wagon soon :)))