Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Geritol complete to get pregnant!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Geritol complete to get pregnant!!

I have done some research on Geritol the multivitamin and have seen a ton of success stories from women who have taken it and gotten pregnant after ttc for months or even longer!! I ordered some and am gonna start today but would like to hear from anyone on here who has taken it!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Geritol is a multivitamin which also has iron supplementation. It has been proven that regular iron supplementation has decreased ovulation related infertility. It is better to discuss it with your doctor before taking it. If you are trying to conceive try having unprotected sex during ovulation this will increase the chances of conceiving. Take care of other factors like obesity, smoking which may affect fertility. If it has been a long time that you have been unable to conceive then taking the opinion of infertility expert will be helpful. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
There is a supplement called Vitex Fruit that is inexpensive and can be purchased online or at GNC. My hubby and I TTC for almost 3 years with multiple medical interventions and no success. We did our research and I took Vitex for 3 weeks...worked amazing quick and currently 19 weeks pregnant. I have recommended Vitex to 2 of my good friends, one with PCOS...both are now pregnant and had only taken Vitex for 2-3 months before conceiving. I've read so many success stories. It works to help balance your hormones, especially progesterone, which gives baby a better chance of making a good home there for the next 9-10 months.
Good luck! I know we'll start Vitex right away when we are ready for baby # 2.
I have been TTC for going on 6 months now. I have 2 children already and never had any trouble conceiving them. I have been tracking my ovulation  for 3 months now and have defiantly been having unprotected sex often enough that that should not be the issue. I've started taking geritol, I figured it can't hurt to try since on not having any luck so far. I am considering the vitex tho if I don't get a positive with geritol. Thanks for the advise ladies! And congratulations to you mammatobe2013, that is so awesome you got pregnant after trying for so long. Gives me and I'm sure a lot of other women hope!! I know I haven't been trying as long as you but it is still very frustrating for me.
Hang in there Kristab. Your miracle will come soon. I had a co-worker who swore by geritol for achieving pregnancy, so I would have tried that next if the vitex didn't work.
Also, if you have not already started them, use ovulation predictor kits. They give you a 24-48hour window prior to ovulation when you have your LH surge. Helps to plan your romantic nights accordingly and give you your best chances for success. And both of you take an extra 500 mg of vitamin C. It will thin out your cervical mucous and his seminal fluid to help the sperm swim like champions.
We wish you all the best and keep us posted!