Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Getting Pregnant After a D&C/ M/C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Getting Pregnant After a D&C/ M/C

Hello everyone i know that it is too soon to ask this question but i just can't help myself and really wants another child. I had a d&c or a d&c they said on 8/26 an it was difficult and i was glad to have it cause i was tiredof carrying around the sac of a child that i will never have inside of me nd oit hurts emotionally and i just want another angel. I want another child as soon as we can try, my OB said for me to wait one cycle and we are going to do that but i just wanted to know are their people that didn't wait and went on to have a happy nine months and a happy child. I just need what i need just like all of us. anyway thank you so much and SSBD to you all. Thanks for reading and your responses.
so sorry to hear that you went through this! it breaks my heart for you! its such a hard thing no one can prepare you for!     My RE told us that we could start up injections again once AF came.. he did not mention having to use protection before that though (of course we've never gotten preg on our own, so that would have truely been a miracle) and since it would have been, we did not use protection, unfortunately didnt' get preg though.. however over on the mc forum there seemed to be a lot of people that got preg before their first period happened, and i have a few friends that were the same way! so its defintely possible and it happens! and those that i DO know that got preg before first AF had a healthy full term pregnancy! GOOD LUCK
My dr told me I could start ttc right away(once she checked cervix to be sure had closed). I asked why so many say wait 1-3 cycles. She said most drs say wait one cycle so they can more accurately date the new pregnancy. She said most cases of 3 cycles are for emotional healing time. Unless there was something wrong or damaged, your body should rebound quickly.

I asked the same question a long time ago and there were 24 women that had gotten pg b4 1st af after a d&c. Only one mc, the others carried to term. Since that time, the one that mc found she had a clotting disorder and has since carried a baby girl to term.

I am sorry for your loss
I had a D & C a week ago today.  Absolutely heartbreaking.  The pregnancy was planned, we told everyone (except our 7yr old-thank god).  We picked out all our baby furniture and even bought some things.  I was 8 weeks and the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks.  My Dr. told me to wait one cycle or two if I wanted.  I will wait one, but I can't bare waiting two. Im deathly afraid that if I get pregnant too early Im doomed.  Reading these posts helps reasure me that it happens all the time.  To the women that have had successful pregnancies after D & C or Miscarriage, keep posting, it's the only thing that is getting me through this rough time in my life.
My first pg ended in miscarriage and D & C in 1995 I immediately got pg and carried a 8lb 8oz baby boy to term.  2 1/2 years later had a healthy 7lb 13 oz baby boy.  3 years later started to try again for baby # 3 and had a mc at 9 weeks had a D&C then tried again had another mc @ 8 weeks next year had a mc right away and yet again another mc right away I started using progesterone because my levels would not stay up and I finally had a healthy 8 lb 5 oz baby boy in 04.  I thought I was done having babies and guess what in May of this year I found out I was pg again.  Well it ended in mc @ 9 weeks I had a D & C because I had not started the mc process as in the other pregnancies and I could not bear walking around pg when I really was not. I am currently trying agin however my age is an obsticle now because I am over 35  It is very heartbreaking to hear a doctor tell you your eggs are old and if you are going to try you better get on it.  Wish me luck!
I had a myomectomy and a D&C on sept 19th 2008 and the DR told me to wait a month to make sure im good buttttttttttt being that I want that bundle of joy so so so so so bad we are not waiting and I just put it all in GODs hands if he wants to bless me with a baby now or later.  I think those are just standard procedures but I think its best to try right after a D&C because your more fertile (open and ready) good luck!!!!!!!!!!