Giving yourself the HCG shot
I just gave myself the HCG trigger shot for my IUI and i feel like i didn't do it right and am freaking out. I felt like there was barely anything in the needle. is this normal? i was to only put 1/2 cc of water into the powder mix but then i felt like when i tried to extract that little bit once it was mixed - nothing was coming into the needle so i added a little bit more water and still it was barely anything. i really hope i didn't screw this up.  do any of you that have done this before have this same experience?
Did you call the DR?  I don't think you should have added more water.  I would call dr.
Good Luck & keep us posted.
In reality I don't think it really matters *exactly* how much water you add as long as you draw the entire thing up in the needle.  It is the number of units that is really important, not the exact concentration.

What size syringe did you use?  For a 1/2cc you should try to use a 1mL syringe that way you actually pull the plunger back quite a bit.  If you used a 3ml syringe then it would only be pulled back a tiny bit and not seem like very much.  Your clinic should be able to give you injection training or a refresher if you are having problems.
they did give me training. i didn't call the dr today. i totally forgot about the whole shot thing until now. I am just going to hope for the best. argh - this is so frustrating.  i only added a drop more of water.... but i know i still saw some in the bottom of the vial after i did my shot. I just couldn't get that last bit up there. if i did an ovulation test and it comes up positive could this mean the HCG is in my system?
Hey there,   when we did our first round with HCG, we ended up having a tiny bit left in the bottle. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get that last little bit to go into the needle to inject.

I ended up getting pregnant that cycle, when I asked my RE about it he said it was no big deal at all that we had that little bit left.

So I guess what I'm saying is, in the grand scheme of things, going by what you are saying and what my RE has been telling me, I would have to say you really dont' have anything to worry about.

True, there are specific guidelines on all this stuff, but I also think there is a little bit of wiggle room as well.  I dont' think any of it is an absolute science.  That's what makes it all so chalenging :)

Good luck.  Keep us posted.
There will always be a little left in the container when you draw it out.  That is no big deal and happens to everyone.  You don't have to get every drop.  Best of luck!! :)